Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

weiliis after this cold snap in ATL/metro area?
    #967544 - 10/16/02 10:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys.

This is for all you atlantans out there... I have been recently doing research and scouring the net and your posts for weilii info. I havent had any luck as of yet, but I wont give up. I live about an hour east of ATL... right down 316 (im sure you know what im talkin about....its a rather popular college town)

Anyways... Question 1.

With this cold snap we are having, should i expect to find anything in the way of weiliis in my location... and atl as well?

Que. 2.
Have any of you had or heard of any weiliis found in my location?

thanks!

jfi

--------------------
my signature is too long

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: weiliis after this cold snap in ATL/metro area? [Re: jahfeelirie]
    #967559 - 10/16/02 10:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I was wondering the same thing about the affect it would have on the weiliis. I guess we'll find out, huh? LK said that he found them up untill late november last year, but I don't remember it being this cold last October.

As far as finding weiliis out where you live, yes, I've heard an unconfirmed report that they grow out that way.

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

Re: weiliis after this cold snap in ATL/metro area [Re: Gumby]
    #967566 - 10/16/02 10:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i think i may have stumbled across a few today on campus... but to tell you the truth, the looked a bit too light-brown to be weiliis... althought htey had nice nipples on top.  i was in between classes and it was too busy to spend too much time there.

:wink: 

--------------------
my signature is too long

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: weiliis after this cold snap in ATL/metro area [Re: jahfeelirie]
    #967580 - 10/16/02 10:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The caps will turn a "shiney(irridescent)" tan, almost white, after being in the sun for a while.

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

Re: weiliis after this cold snap in ATL/metro area [Re: Gumby]
    #967655 - 10/16/02 11:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

wow... i had no clue.

thanks for the info.  Maybe you could clue me in to some look alikes.

From what i saw of these mushies..... they had a more narrow stem (or at least the one i saw did) than the picts that have been posted up here.  They were considerable more tough than what i have seen on this site (although, if they have been out, that might be due to some drying)... and the gills were a tan-ish color.

that nipple on top, darker brown than the rest is what is makin me think it COULD be a weilii... but what else could it be?  I need to see some picts of look alikes... got any links?

thanks gumby... by the way.. i really like your signature.. :smile:  my sentiments exactly

jfi 

--------------------
my signature is too long

OfflineSomeBum
One of thoseannoying lil'shroom-eatingmaggots
Loc: Northeast Georgia
    #968564 - 10/17/02 09:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Pick one and smell it bia!!!

Really though, they don't smell like mushrooms...
Kind of like cucumbers
or cheap lipstick

And get spore prints too!!

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #968619 - 10/17/02 10:05 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, scratch the stem and smell it. Weliis have a very strong odor. Pinch the part of the stem where it meets the cap, and see if it bruises.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: weiliis after this cold snap in ATL/metro area [Re: Remy]
    #969559 - 10/17/02 03:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Good advice remy :smile: I always scratch and sniff, just cause the smell is so wondefully out of this world :smile: And weilii very commonly bruises on its own just under the cap at the apex, if its not bruised already give it a pinch up there and wait  a few minutes. I notice way too many people that have been picking weilii have problems identifying at first because what they find doesn't match perfectly with the pics they've seen. Like I have said before, weilii comes in numerous forms, shapes and colors. Everything from white caps to black caps, from a stem thats no bigger around than a coffee straw, to a stem thats almost an inch thick, from 1" tall with a 1/4" cap, to 10" tall with a 7" cap. Sometimes they are perfectly cemetrical, sometimes they are very irregular, sometimes they are more wavy capped than any Ps. cyan that I've ever seen. I have found them looking every which way you can imagine. Is really cool to pick a mushroom that can vary so much. Sometimes you find some really odd ones out there :smile:

Yes, weilii will tolerate the cold fairly well. They slow down considerably though, and the mushrooms last longer and don't rot as fast. For the 4 years I have been picking them I have always atleast found a few into november, maybe not this year, but I bet they will. I notice them shut down at around 40 degrees, and not right away, it has to stay that cold for a week or so, it its warming up into the 60's during the day they will continue to fruit.

Ps. weilii is just like caerulescens, they have  wide fruiting season, whenever conditions are right, they will fruit. I have found them in every month from april through november, and one year even found a few the first week of december(was a warm wet fall that year.

Enjoy the weilii picking while it lasts :smile:

LK,

--------------------

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: on the road
Re: weiliis after this cold snap in ATL/metro area [Re: Lizard King]
    #969586 - 10/17/02 03:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to LK and Moe. If I find anything on saturday it will be because of the pictures and descriptions giving by you cats. mucho 'prreciate it.

just enjoyin' the hunt.......

--------------------
If you got one foot in yesterday
And one foot in tomorrow
You are pissin' all over today

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #969610 - 10/17/02 03:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Like LK said, they vary big time. The 2 things that will always, always, always, give them away is the blue brusing and the smell. I?d say smell is #1, once you?ve smelled a weilii, it?s unmistakable. If you?re pulling them out of the ground(which isn?t really advised), they?re tough as hell to pull up, their mycelium is very stong, and they?re a very tough mushroom.

Heres a pic of 4 different variations I found within 5 feet of each other:

You can get an idea of what the lighter caps look like, and you can somewhat see the iridescence of the lighter caps.

Anonymous

Re: weiliis after this cold snap in ATL/metro area [Re: Lizard King]
    #970107 - 10/17/02 05:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom