Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Insanity and existence
    #4133249 - 05/04/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I now, i think, have some idea of insanity.
i think to actually see what insanity is, is to know what insanity is, which is the same as to be what insanity is, which is itself insane.
I believe we, living things, can be described as circles, and you go insane if you turn too far in on yourself, looking for your own end, which of course does not exist, as circles have no end and no beginning.
If you search for an answer to a question that need not be asked, that is its own answer, then I think is when you can drive yourself insane.
I came a little closer the past few days, and now I'm back, and I feel better for it. Maybe I had to see a little nearer to the edge, just to know it's there. Before, i could not conceive insanity.
I still think of it as a "trick of the mind", a self-made illusion, but it's the most powerful illusion there is, more so than existence.
I think maybe, at the very point when you become insane, just for the merest fraction of a second, you see something more beautiful than we can conceive of. But, as soon as you see it, it's gone. We're not meant to see it, to know it. It's the downside of being alive.
And, finally, now I truly feel sorry for every living thing that drives itself insane. I hope, I really do, that as many as possible make it back. But i think it's pure chance which things do make it back, and I'd not wish insanity upon any living thing, ever
Insanity is the end of everything, so you should only go there when you're tired of everything (living or not)
Me, I'll never be tired, because I know there's always something new to experience...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Insanity and existence [Re: newjon]
    #4133280 - 05/04/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Insanity doesn't exist in reality, it's subject to perspective.

If you believe in sanity... then you're insane. If you question your sanity in comparison to others, you're insane. Their are many tests to determine whether or not someone is sane, as well as insane, however we can't really qualify it in terms of a statistical representation on static facts... the state of sanity is determined by the majority... if you change the majority to your form of "sanity" then those that don't partake in it will be deemed insane.

Just be out-sane and stop categorizing everything.

Edit:
Insanity isn't the end... it's a begining.
Every end is a begining, every beginning is an end... just another thing subject to perspective.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (05/04/05 03:10 PM)

Offline3eyeswise
captain
Loc: lake county Florida
    #4133451 - 05/04/05 03:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like a level 5 on the trip scale ive been truely insane before,you can find alot there but dont think that I want to ever see that again.Your own personel hell is a place of evil insanity try always to avoid it.

--------------------
By questioning death I have found the answer to life.

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: Insanity and existence [Re: 3eyeswise]
    #4137370 - 05/05/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I don't really know what happened. it was like i was tripping purely of my own choice, no drugs involved (well, no outside drugs, obviously some strange chemical reaction was happening in my brain)
I still felt somewhat wierd today, but i'm pretty sure i'm back now. I prefer this version - be it "sane" or "insane" (or both at once =+)
Right now, it's real enough for me. It may only be, ulstiamtely, because of the existence of light, that the rest of existence is even possible. Light fascinates me alot now. Even in such small amounts so as to appear "dark" to me. I think light is what enables us to see the beauty in anything, if you know where to look for it

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #4138859 - 05/05/05 05:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's like "Catch 22." In that book, for the bomber pilots to be relieved of flying the planes, they had to be classified as crazy. But if they said they were crazy, then they couldn't be crazy because a crazy person doesn't know he's crazy. And if they didn't say they were crazy, they would have to keep flying the missions.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Insanity and existence [Re: Frog]
    #4141000 - 05/06/05 05:46 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
But if they said they were crazy, then they couldn't be crazy because a crazy person doesn't know he's crazy.

how does anyone know if this is true?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Insanity and existence [Re: MOTH]
    #4141012 - 05/06/05 05:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

when you can talk again normally, much of the radical stuff is no longer accessible. we are all crazy, some are more interested in being in touch with the radical stuff than being in touch with eachother

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisibledorkus
Re: Insanity and existence *DELETED* [Re: MOTH]
    #4141019 - 05/06/05 05:57 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by dorkus

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Insanity and existence [Re: dorkus]
    #4141029 - 05/06/05 06:04 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dr_mandelbrot said:

Afterwards it is wake up time, and the person wonders what was I thinking. Growing insanity means being stuck more permanently, and the permanent state ... God, I feel sorry for those guys :frown:

Yes, I know what you mean.  I always feel like it's my choice to go crazy or not, but some people do not seem to have that same choice.

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #4141275 - 05/06/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

insanity and sanity is found everywhere.... but i do understand what you mean... insanity is ... just a label though..
how do you know not? you're insane to think insanity is insane... :P?

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: Insanity and existence [Re: Merkin]
    #4141937 - 05/06/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

heh, i suppose.
As to those that may not have a choice...perhaps we all have a choice, but they simply choose not to make a choice...and by doing so, their choice is made for them. Then again, maybe that's too harsh.
Maybe it's a case of, most people in life, cannot face existence, but those insane, cannot even face life.
Of course, as a numebr of you have pointed out, insane and sane are just words and only relative descriptions at that.
That's what i really love about this place, even the other bits of the forums at times get a little like this. Making you question everything. In itself, this could drive you crazy, unless you enjoy it, and remember to relax, don't try and force anything on yourself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck