Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
'fuck it, I'm takin over'
    #4081671 - 04/21/05 03:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Once, I was told a story about a man who took over the world.

He started off in military intelligence, then he was recruited by the CIA.

Eventually, he became a lawyer and got into all this crooked-ass money laundering and embezelment.

So one day this guy realized that he knew all the people who basically ran the world: the Jewish, Swiss, and South American bankers. The military. The politicians. Satan. etc etc etc.

Then he realized that the people who ran the world were basically just a bunch of fuckups, so he said: "Fuck it, I'm takin over."

Now at the end of this story, I was asked if I would ever take over the world. My response:

HELL NO!!!!

It seems like such a huge responsibility and a lot of hard work. Not to mention I utterly despise telling people what to do, almost as much as I despise being told what to do. But really, ME, take over the world? Where would I find the time to smoke pot and play video games? The whole thing just smacks of effort, man. What a drag. Time to get to work? Goddamn, what a bummer.

So then my friend asked 'But gee, J, what if all the people that ran the world were crooked and evil and they were gonna screw everything up if you didn't do anything about it?'

so I said:

'I would let everything go to Hell and then I would laugh at everyone for being such idiots.'

That's what happens when you put the wrong people in charge, man. Think for yourself, you schmucks!

The moral of the story is:

People are their own downfall. It would be tragic if it weren't so hilarious.

THE END.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: DoctorJ]
    #4081694 - 04/21/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup: :yesnod:

(I'd do it, give me something to be busy with)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4081808 - 04/21/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:

People are their own downfall. It would be tragic if it weren't so hilarious.

THE END.

Beauteous!

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: Gomp]
    #4082580 - 04/21/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

There is no right person to be in power.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #4082594 - 04/21/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

That a political joke?

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4082612 - 04/21/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
so I said:

'I would let everything go to Hell and then I would laugh at everyone for being such idiots.'

Wouldn't your inaction be the same as theirs? Or would yours be different, because you were "aware" of the decision to allow the world to go to pot?

As for "think for yourselves"... a roomfull, statefull, planetfull of people thinking for themselves, even if they're all thinking "Gee, the current political leaders a corrupt!" won't make a bit of difference unless someone gets up and DOES something about it.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: Gomp]
    #4082626 - 04/21/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
Quote:

DoctorJ said:

People are their own downfall.  It would be tragic if it weren't so hilarious. 

THE END.

Beauteous!

Three things make it hilarious. The first is that cycles will take things to rises and falls and its just a matter of time before whats up comes down.

Then there are people who put themselves above others who only have down to fall.

Then there are those who are up, only because others put them there when they never wanted to be and just fall in the eyes of those who elevated them when they remove their support.

There is a way for there to be one right leader and that ways is for everyone to become self lead while working n co-operation with others. :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (04/21/05 09:23 PM)

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4082704 - 04/21/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
That a political joke?

Politics is one big joke.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #4082982 - 04/21/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the whole universe is just a little joke dear :wink:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4082989 - 04/21/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:

Just wait 'til you hear the punchline.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: Silversoul]
    #4083007 - 04/21/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

DoctorJ said:

Just wait 'til you hear the punchline.

you wish there were a punchline.

anyone who speaks up gets shot!  :smirk:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: kaiowas]
    #4083099 - 04/21/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4084272 - 04/22/05 08:48 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Three things make it hilarious. The first is that cycles will take things to rises and falls and its just a matter of time before whats up comes down.

Then there are people who put themselves above others who only have down to fall.

Then there are those who are up, only because others put them there when they never wanted to be and just fall in the eyes of those who elevated them when they remove their support.

I was once told that the only thing that runs the world is balls. As in: "He who has the balls to take it, gets it."

Personally, I think it takes a lot more balls to relinquish control and let people do whatever the fuck they want.

"But, J, what if people hurt themselves in the process of doing whatever they want?"

Well, then they are morons and they get exactly what they deserve. With any luck, they will be eliminated from the gene pool and we will have less morons next time.

"But J, what if they hurt YOU in the process of doing whatever they want?"

Then they get a lot of bad karma, and I get a lot of good karma by doing absolutely nothing about it. The best defense against black magic is to ignore it. Time and time again people have fucked me over, and I have done nothing. The result for me: free money, power, and respect. The result for those who would do me harm: famine, war, pestilence, death. I get my revenge without lifting a fucking finger. I don't worry about evil, because evil always fucks itself sooner or later.

I am reminded of a passage from the Tao Teh Ching:

"Why is the sea the mother of all rivers?

Because it lies lower than them!

By lowering itself before the rivers, the sea becomes their master."

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

#4085529 - 04/22/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:

Then they get a lot of bad karma, and I get a lot of good karma by doing absolutely nothing about it.

Ever read Plato's "Gorgias"? In it, one of the more interesting conversations between Socrates and Polus is the discussion of who is harmed more by an act of evil. Socrates makes the point that the person committing the evil does more harm to himself, by tainting his soul, character, and inviting the full wrath of both the law and all good citizens. He further argues that the person on the receiving end of the evil can and MUST bring the wrath of the law and the support of upstanding citizens upon he who does evil, as apathy and non-action are not qualities of a "good" and "sound" citizen.

The point? I agree with most of what you've said. By not responding to and evil with an evil, you prove to be the "better person." A "good" person MUST prevent and seek out evil wherever it dwells, because allowing it to occur, knowingly, is to allow harm to come to others.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4085534 - 04/22/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Isn't that how witch hunts started?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4085564 - 04/22/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Indirectly, yes.  Although it was some dozen or so hundred years later..  :tongue2:

You'll notice I, personally, did not define "good" nor "evil." 

You could also compare the conept of Puritanical witch hunts to the War on Terror.  Or even, the War on Drugs.

Here's two distinct schools of philosophy-
1) Do as you will, as long as you harm no other.
2) Do as you will, as long as you harm no other, AND prevent others from coming to harm.

The problem with the second school is defining harm.  There is no one definition, and certainly two or more people will disagree on what constitutes harm.  So the best you can hope for is to prevent yourself from coming to harm, which is problematic in the same way, because anyone could claim that they did not, or did not intend to harm you.

Then again, that's the same problem with the first one.

The point?  If you're going to define harm (read: subscribe to and impose a system of morals/laws) then follow through with them, don't just set them and expect others to work around you.  Witchhunts: imposing your set of values on those who don't agree, and persecuting them for it.

On the other hand, creating a set of values, imposing them on others, and claiming that others have harmed you by not following your set of beliefs is asinine.  See: religions/politics.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#4085943 - 04/22/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The point? I agree with most of what you've said. By not responding to and evil with an evil, you prove to be the "better person." A "good" person MUST prevent and seek out evil wherever it dwells, because allowing it to occur, knowingly, is to allow harm to come to others.

'Blame the LightMan'
by GWAR

It's falling, It's falling, It's falling on the ground, yeah
It's falling on the ground, yeah
Lets blame the lightman
for our own mistakes
We'll blame the whole damn crew
if that's what it takes
We wont talk
to anybody else yeah
Lets blame the lightman
and anybody else
Lets blame the lightman
and save us from ourselves
and save us, save us from ourselves
We won't talk to anybody else, yeah
we're driving in our limo
we're driving right by you
we dont care about you
Blame it on the Lightman!
Let's blame the lightman!
And heap him with shame
Lets blame the lightman
Because I'm so lame
We won't talk to anybody else, yeah
Blame, blame, heaping tons of blame on everyone We see
Blaming God, blaming Mom, blaming you
Never blaming me.
It's falling, it's falling
It's falling on the ground
It's falling, it's falling,
It's smashing on down
It's falling, it's falling
It's falling on the ground
It's exploding and they're dying
and it's really fucking loud
It's falling it's falling
On anybody else

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#4086010 - 04/22/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:

Then they get a lot of bad karma, and I get a lot of good karma by doing absolutely nothing about it.  The best defense against black magic is to ignore it.  Time and time again people have fucked me over, and I have done nothing.  The result for me:  free money, power, and respect.

once upon a time when i was in 7th grade i had a locker next to a kid who was trying to impress a girl whos locker was next to mine, to do this he would shut my locker as i opened it, i realized how immature this was and that he just wanted me to fight him or respond.  so i would just wait until he left, as i did not have any wish to get to class any faster than normal.  well the girl realized how immature he was and my maturity at not responding  :wink:.  a year or so later i see this same kid at my work at a liqour store, he is returning cans for the ten cent refund.  i say whats up, and he is very quiet since he remembers these incidents i am sure.  i count his cans even though he clearly told me how many cans he has, 20.[since it is my job to double check].  then i go over to the cashier and tell her he had 6 dollars in cans and walk away.  the look in his eyes was priceless  :tongue:

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4086044 - 04/22/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:handth: I especially like your closing statement.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: 'fuck it, I'm takin over' [Re: fresh313]
    #4086068 - 04/22/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, sometimes I kill my enemies with kindness. I believe its good karma and can actually make a friend out of an enemy. Sometimes you can redeem a borderline person with this strategy.

But some people will never learn, they are just morons. When you keep helping people out and they keep screwing you over, you're not really helping anything. You're helping them be a loser, and the end result isn't positive for anyone. I like to give people a lot of chances to redeem themselves, but at some point you just gotta say 'fuck em' and pretend they don't exist.

And at that point they usually get really pissed off because they are hitting the bar and no food pellet is coming out. They want that control, that reaction, or whatever. Not getting it pisses them off. And they will usually try to fuck you over somehow. But if you pay any attention or retaliate, you are letting them win. Once you've identified negative energy as untameable, the best thing to do is just tune it out. Maybe someone else will be able to fix it. But its not really anyone's job. Negative energy is supposed to work itself out, and fucking with it just tends to make it worse, like poking at a wound and getting it infected.

Recently someone tried to jimmy open my front door. My friends were like: 'Dude you should find that guy and beat his ass.' Naw thats cool. I'll just get a stronger lock and some cameras. Retaliation is just wasted energy that could be spent improving oneself. Instead of seeking revenge on evil, one should merely laugh at its stupidity and stregthen one's resolve to be good. Because we can't really make choices for others. We can only make choices for ourselves.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates