Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: Frog]
    #3324582 - 11/05/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Is it useful? depends on how and why it is used. If I am in a rush to get somewhere ya know, places to go things to do, gathering nuts like a squirel, while the person I am with is dragging behind, I may be quick to call them "lazy" and tell them to pick up the pace.

What if they feel no anxious rush, a sense of all is well, and are smelling the roses along the way, appreciating the moments to moments of life in rich full detail?

What if one is napping all of the time and you call them lazy, they should be doing "something" productive right? What if their body requires more sleep to be in good health, the naps are producing better states of physical health rejuvenation and a more rested mind state.

this is one of those, it's all relative thingies.

What is annoying is someone who complains about nothing being accomplished while they are doing nothing about it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (11/05/04 01:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3325807 - 11/05/04 07:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say"

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3326365 - 11/05/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
What if they feel no anxious rush, a sense of all is well, and are smelling the roses along the way, appreciating the moments to moments of life in rich full detail?

I am not talking about these kinds of people. And actually, Jiggy, I occasionally stop and smell flowers, too. I love the jacaranda trees when they are in full bloom, and I will seek them out, while I am on my way to somewhere else. I'm really not talking about people who like to take life slowly. Really.

Quote:

What if one is napping all of the time and you call them lazy, they should be doing "something" productive right? What if their body requires more sleep to be in good health, the naps are producing better states of physical health rejuvenation and a more rested mind state.

Not talking about that, either.

Quote:

this is one of those, it's all relative thingies.

What is annoying is someone who complains about nothing being accomplished while they are doing nothing about it.

What I am talking about is that there is stuff to "do". This is the reason I threw me into the inital post. Some of use see what there is that we can "do", and we put everything into it and we go do it.

Others of us are inflicted with images of what we can do, and we don't do shit. We watch TV, we party, we do all sorts of things instead of the things we could "do".

And these aren't people who are diagnosed as mentally depressed, or schizophrenic, or whatever. These are people who look at what they "could" do, and say, "it's too fucking hard, it would take too long, etc."

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3326389 - 11/05/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ya know, when I first posted this thread, I didn't think I would run into people that were defensive.

See, if I thought I was going to talk to people who were in the position at which I was attacking, laziness, I wouldn't have said anything, out of being polite. I would have just said, "Gee, that's too bad that you are where you are."

I thought, on this forum, people would understand. I was wrong. I struck a nerve, in general, obviously.

The way I see it is that the people who chide me for what I said are defending their own way of life.

If you are so fucked up, psychologically, that you can't get out of it in order to pursue a "life", then yes, I feel sorry for you, and I hope that you are able, some day, to get out of it and find something to do. I hope you find the right medication.

If you have a disability, like you are missing your legs, yes, I have empathy for you. Good luck to you, in your endeavors.

If you are fucked up because you had a bad childhood, I hope you someday get counseling so that you can get caught up with the rest of the world. I don't have too much empathy for you because we all had bad childhoods, to a certain extent. Life isn't fair, and it even sucks at times. Move on.

If you are just lazy, expecting your parents to support you, or maybe the government, then shame on you. Again, move on.

I'm talking about people who have capacity to do something useful with their lives, and don't.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3326914 - 11/06/04 06:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The reason you recieved such a defensive response from some people is because you have attacked their insecurity about themselves and their motivation. It is called hitting too close to home. The fact that you recieved many responses shows that you hit a relevant topic.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3334197 - 11/08/04 06:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That guy sounds more like an absolute fucker than just a lazy fucker! Certainly not someone just moping on the sofa, much more of a nasty piece of work.

And he sounds like he has less of a heart than the first time you described him, personally I think this must drastically limit his conscious experience. Hence why I said poor guy, in my estimation is having a low quality life experience, missing out on all the decent emotions and potential richness of experience. His behaviour is certainly difficult for anyone around him.

You don't have to feel sorry for him, or anyone. That isn't my point, you don't need to feel sorry for anyone. It doesn't get anyone anywhere.

You can try to change anyone you want, you can do anything you want of course. You don't have to believe in fate, you don't have to believe in anything.

And of course you must feel proud, and enjoy it. It's hard work achieving anything genuine. Everyone should feel proud of their achievements.

All I'm saying is that to know yourself now is to know what it takes to achieve, to know yourself aged around 23 is to know what it is like to be a lazy fucker. So knowing yourself throughout, you must pretty much be able to answer your question

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: CJay]
    #3334824 - 11/08/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CJay said:
That guy sounds more like an absolute fucker than just a lazy fucker! Certainly not someone just moping on the sofa, much more of a nasty piece of work.

Yes, he's an absolute fucker, but he's still lazy.  He wants to be an attorney, but he doesn't want to do the work it takes to become a real attorney.

Quote:

And he sounds like he has less of a heart than the first time you described him, personally I think this must drastically limit his conscious experience. Hence why I said poor guy, in my estimation is having a low quality life experience, missing out on all the decent emotions and potential richness of experience. His behaviour is certainly difficult for anyone around him.

Well, I think of him as "poor guy" too, because I also think he is limiting his life experiences.  Very good!  Not because I say so, but because I agree!  :grin:

Quote:

You don't have to feel sorry for him, or anyone. That isn't my point, you don't need to feel sorry for anyone. It doesn't get anyone anywhere.

Okay, but since one of your initial posts on this thread, I spoke with someone else about this topic, and I'm trying to, um, can't think of the word, align? my feelings or thoughts about it, and I think that it's that I feel sorry for people who are stuck, or I have empathy for them, but I'm not going to pat them on the head. 

Like, if I saw that guy, "Willy", sitting somewhere, I might pat him on the head for being the schmuck that he is, because he doesn't get it, but I won't pat him on the head for being a schmuck, because he doesn't have to be that way.  Does that make any sense???  I feel sorry for him for not getting it, for being the way he is, in that he is a limited human being, but I don't feel sorry for him that he is going to have to take his consequences. 

Quote:

You can try to change anyone you want, you can do anything you want of course. You don't have to believe in fate, you don't have to believe in anything.

I learned a long time ago that we can't change any one.  We can set an example, but we can't change 'em.

Quote:

And of course you must feel proud, and enjoy it. It's hard work achieving anything genuine. Everyone should feel proud of their achievements.

Well, yes, I'm proud.  If I hadn't found "me" by going through counseling and all that crap, I would probably be a $2 crack whore.  (Now I've offended all the $2 crack whores on this forum.  :grin: )
But you are keeping me grounded, and I appreciate you for that.

$2 crack whoreAll I'm saying is that to know yourself now is to know what it takes to achieve, to know yourself aged around 23 is to know what it is like to be a lazy fucker. So knowing yourself throughout, you must pretty much be able to answer your question

Believe me, I do know what it's like to be aged 23 and not doing what I could be doing. 

And I guess what I'm saying by way of this thread is that anything is possible.  I went from being a drunken high-school drop-out mother of three, to being an attorney.  I was a lazy fuck.  I didn't start this thread to extol me.  I started this thread because I saw that Mexican girl carrying trash out, and I wondered what her life was like besides carrying out garbage.  Maybe she's also going to school or something. 

The world is full of possibilities.  We are only limited by our minds.  We can do anything.  Think about it.  If I was an abused child, who became a high school drop-out who was doing drugs and alcohol, and having babies, and I ended up becoming a lawyer, what are the possibilities for those of us here who have similar backgrounds???

Don't limit yourselves!!!

--------------------

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3336286 - 11/09/04 07:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

kool:grin: :thumbup: :sun:

follow ya dreams people!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3338862 - 11/09/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think many people aren't really thinking about the future in their early years, looking for instant gratification, attempting the "live for today" attitude that is so blatantly spat out into our society.

What they don't realize is that in order to get to the kind of "live for today" that they would REALLY REALLY ENJOY, they have to work their asses off today and once they gain a stable life and some nice income, THEN they can "live for today."

I am starting to realize that the term "live for today" applies to those who worked their asses off YESTERDAY

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: Strumpling]
    #3343507 - 11/10/04 07:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I dunno, Strumpling. I think "live for today" still applies, even when we are working our asses off "for the future".

When I was in law school, I made the mistake of thinking I could put life on hold while I was studying law. Well, 5 f'ing years later, when I finished law school, my oldest daughter was 18, and I had had 2 more children.

You still have to live for today, even if you are struggling, but you also have to keep an eye to the future. Make today's actions count.

And ALWAYS work your ass off!!!

--------------------

Offlinelateralus
    #3349891 - 11/12/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You lazy fuck, you....

This coming from a fucking lawyer? Please...

Whats the difference between you and the people you call 'lazy fucks'?

Just because they arent driven to have a bunch of materials around them?

Just because they dont care so much about having the 'things made of stuff everyone else wants'?

I guess that makes em less of a person than you... since youre not a lazy fuck and all...

You think because your priorities in life are different you are worth something more in some way?

Youre lifes work is more honorable? I don't think so. Lawyer. I'd rather be called a lazy fuck than a lawyer anyday, personally.

I think you have a bad attitude in general.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: lateralus]
    #3349923 - 11/12/04 01:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Lateralus, I'm not driven by material gain.  I'm driven by what I believe I am called here to do:  To be a lawyer.  And not just a lawyer, but one of the best damned lawyers you could ever call upon.  I don't lie, cheat or steal.  I love what I do.  If I ever represented you in any kind of action, I would work hard for the money, and I would probably win your case.

I'm not talking about being driven to make money and buy things.  I'm talking about being driven to do something with our lives.  What is it you were called here to do?  Were you called here to be a tax man?  A garbage collector?  An acupuncturist?  A teacher? 

Whatever you were called here to do, you can't sit around and say "it's too hard".  You have to go do it.  That's all my point is.

I have run into many, many people who say to me, "I would have gone to school to be this that or the other, but gee, it would have taken x number of years, and well, gosh, that would be so long, or so hard!"

My point is that we should forget about how long it would take or how hard it would be.  And in the case of being a garbage collector, whether it's considered a "worthy" profession.

If there is something that's always niggled at the back of your brain of what you think you would like to do, but you have had some excuse for why you can't accomplish that feat, GO DO IT ANYWAYS!

As people, as worthy human beings, we are all equal.  I will concede that.  I'm talking about life here on planet Earth, while we exist here.  If we are going to be here for however long a period of time, let's do what we're meant to be here to do, and do the best job of it. 

Who knows what's waiting for us on the other side? 

p.s.  I am proud to be an attorney.  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinelateralus
    #3349959 - 11/12/04 01:54 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I just think its a little mean to call anyone a 'lazy fuck'... its really all just subjective opinion isnt it? The whole lifestyle choice thing.

I don't look down on lawyers at all. But I can for a fact say that in my past experience (take this as an aside, not personally) Ive never got my moneys worth outta the 5+ run-ins Ive had with em. It seems more like a 'damage reduction-unless-youre-rich-then-you-can-kill-and-get-away-with-it' kinda thing...

But all that aside, I agree. Ive played the drums for 13 years and Ive worked hard at it while seeing other people fail at musicianship and end up going to college or finding some other line of work, a line of work that will never make them as happy. Ive seen homeless musicians who just do whatever it takes to make some kind of name for themselves, never giving up, and I admire them all the more for it, even if they fail miserably. I get called lazy by a lot of people, simply because my priorities lie elsewhere.

I do agree though, that theres a point where people say to themsleves 'its just too damn hard' and fall into a kind of failure attitude and miss the whole point.

I didn't mean to dreail your topic;)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: lateralus]
    #3350021 - 11/12/04 02:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lateralus said:
I just think its a little mean to call anyone a 'lazy fuck'... its really all just subjective opinion isnt it? The whole lifestyle choice thing.

But I put a smiley face thingy on the outside of my post!  Maybe it's gone now, because now this thread has a fire burning beside it that erased my smiley face, but I was making a half-assed joke about calling people lazy fucks.  See, if you scroll up, you will see that I have also been a lazy fuck in my life.  I am a lazy fuck at times, still.  Won't go into details, unless someone asks for them.  :grin:

Quote:

I don't look down on lawyers at all. But I can for a fact say that in my past experience (take this as an aside, not personally) Ive never got my moneys worth outta the 5+ run-ins Ive had with em. It seems more like a 'damage reduction-unless-youre-rich-then-you-can-kill-and-get-away-with-it' kinda thing...

Yep.  It's an embarassment, imo.  I hate when I receive a new client call from someone who has been burned by a previous attorney.  I fuckin' hate those calls.  I really, really hate those calls.  If there's a way to help those people without making them spend more money, I do.  Well, I always try to help people, initially, by telling them what they can do without spending money on an attorney.

Quote:

But all that aside, I agree. Ive played the drums for 13 years and Ive worked hard at it while seeing other people fail at musicianship and end up going to college or finding some other line of work, a line of work that will never make them as happy. Ive seen homeless musicians who just do whatever it takes to make some kind of name for themselves, never giving up, and I admire them all the more for it, even if they fail miserably. I get called lazy by a lot of people, simply because my priorities lie elsewhere.

Then you know what I'm talking about!  I'm talking about following your dream!  Even if it's hard!

Quote:

I do agree though, that theres a point where people say to themsleves 'its just too damn hard' and fall into a kind of failure attitude and miss the whole point.

I didn't mean to dreail your topic;)

No, you helped it, actually.  I wish people didn't think "it's too hard".  I wish people would see through to the end, their dreams.  How many geniuses, in their field, did we miss out on because someone said, "it's too hard"?

Thanks, Lateralus.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: Strumpling]
    #3350552 - 11/12/04 08:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
I think many people aren't really thinking about the future in their early years, looking for instant gratification, attempting the "live for today" attitude that is so blatantly spat out into our society.

I feel that what I would see as the "live for today" attitude is likely misunderstood by almost all that attempt to live by it, if they actually do not think about the future and seek "instant gratification". Another spiritual meaning that requires direct experience of the meaning to understand it completely misunderstood. :lol:

Quote:

What they don't realize is that in order to get to the kind of "live for today" that they would REALLY REALLY ENJOY, they have to work their asses off today and once they gain a stable life and some nice income, THEN they can "live for today."

What I think they do not realize is that every single detail in this moment and this life are to be experienced with pure awareness, and that everything, as it is, right now, is reality, and is perfect. Form constantly changes, but this moment, right here, right now, could not be any other way, and to not accept it as such is insane and creates endless suffering. They can "live for today" every single fuckin' moment, each and every day, regardless of what their mind prefers or demands of the moment, and whether or not it is fufilled.

The mind seperates one from one's being and one's direct, conscious experience of each and every precious moment alive in a near endless amount of ways. To allow one's mind to rob oneself of this experience is one's own choice, but it is an insane choice to make. :lol:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder