Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Seems a lot of people want reassurance that using drugs is perfectly normal.
    #4018703 - 04/05/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've read a lot of posts where people asks others about drug habits and about the good that drugs has brought to their liefs. Posts about famous people using drugs is also popular. Somehow if a famous and respectable person uses drugs, it humanizes and demystifies it, therefor gives the user reassurance.

Seems to me some guys needs to know that they are not "junkie outcasts" and that "everyone" is doing it.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Seems a lot of people want reassurance that using drugs is perfectly normal. [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #4018773 - 04/05/05 07:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

There is no such thing as "normal" drug use. Most people are not drug users...particularly psychedelic drug users. Psychedelic enthusiasts, in particular, seek out unreal, intense experiences that change one's conception of reality itself. Too frequent drug use is unhealthy in many ways, but any psychotropic drug use is outside the normality of the majority. Most of the people here are NOT normal. That is probably a good thing.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblefearfect
Re: Seems a lot of people want reassurance that using drugs is perfectly normal. [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #4018785 - 04/05/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

define normal

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #4018833 - 04/05/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I believe in my "heart of hearts" that in 2012 we're gonna start using Hemp to power cars.
Then it's going to be mad easy to score weed yo. Then it's gonna be like woohoo!!!!

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4018858 - 04/05/05 07:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think some of the reason is that there is so much anti drug propaganda from the media, parents, church, school, gov't. that it has influenced alot of people who are not that familiar with drugs. They need to be reassured.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4018959 - 04/05/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Everyone uses drugs in one form or another. I really don't see why it's more socially acceptable to be an alcoholic than it is to be addicted to Heroin, and it just mystifies me that someone who takes Xanax, legally prescribed by a doctor, (and maybe addicted to them) would look down on someone who smokes pot regularly.....

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Seems a lot of people want reassurance that using drugs is perfectly normal. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4019015 - 04/05/05 08:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Everyone uses drugs in one form or another. I really don't see why it's more socially acceptable to be an alcoholic than it is to be addicted to Heroin, and it just mystifies me that someone who takes Xanax, legally prescribed by a doctor, (and maybe addicted to them) would look down on someone who smokes pot regularly.....

:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Seems a lot of people want reassurance that using drugs is perfectly normal. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4019096 - 04/05/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I hear ya. I search out the same reassurance sometimes. It's hard to ignore all the propaganda, even when you know it's all bullshit. It just seems..I dunno..wierd sometimes.

It's a hobby that is not easy to talk about so you wonder sometimes if what you are doing is OK or not.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4019256 - 04/05/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Everyone uses drugs in some form or fashion.

EVERYONE

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Seems a lot of people want reassurance that using drugs is perfectly normal. [Re: niteowl]
    #4019291 - 04/05/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fearfect said:
define normal

Quote:

niteowl said:
Everyone uses drugs in some form or fashion.

EVERYONE

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Seems a lot of people want reassurance that using drugs is perfectly normal. [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4019549 - 04/05/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah but saying EVERYONE uses drugs doesn't mean shit. My grandma can take an aspirin but she doesn't get hiiigh as fuck for 8 hours and then crash hard and have a bad two days after, possibly depleting the shit out of her serotonin.

You can't make a comparison like that, it has no basis.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Seems a lot of people want reassurance that using drugs is perfectly normal. [Re: freddurgan]
    #4019628 - 04/05/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"You can't make a comparison like that, it has no basis."

We just did... :tongue:

Fine... you'r right, lets try to rid ourselves of these foul devices of evil once again... Alcohol Prohibition anyone? :lol:

Prohibition created a lot more fuckin' problems then it solved, and wasn't even adhered to by the president's of time (imagine that). It helped creat organized crime as we know it in America (rather helped stabilize it).

How I justify it;
1) It's my body, for someone else to tell me what I can and can't do to it, implies a retention of property... that is, it implies an odd degree of something having ownership over one's body.
2) If it's not hurting anyone else, or anything else for that matter... why should anyone else give a shit?
3) Aspirin is bad for your stomach... yet it is good for the head... should we tell granny not to take it? Where do you draw the line.
4) Getting high as fuck isn't an issue, nor should it be an issue... If you're mature enough to handle your own shit, aren't stealing, aren't out killing, and raping people... then why the fuck should anyone care?
5) Give granny a qualude, she just might like it...
6) What does granny do habitually; bingo, crossword puzzles, knitting, nagging, soap operas, columbo, etc... either way, it's a form of addiction, I'm not going to disagree with her right to do it even though I may believe it's equally detrimental

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: Seems a lot of people want reassurance that using drugs is perfectly normal. [Re: freddurgan]
    #4019649 - 04/05/05 11:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, drugs are only part of the issue here. Human nature is such that, people do things to feel stimulated, relaxed, or euphoric. But the sources of these stimuli are different for different people. A large majority of people use drugs to satisfy those urges, whether it's caffeine, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, psychedelics, et cetera. Some people do other things to feel "good." like watch TV or meditate or play high-intensity sports.

It's not that everyone uses drugs, but everyone does something to feel stimulated or euphoric. The people that use drugs use drugs for that reason though, usually.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Seems a lot of people want reassurance that using drugs is perfectly normal. [Re: moog]
    #4019668 - 04/05/05 11:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

moog said:
Well, drugs are only part of the issue here. Human nature is such that, people do things to feel stimulated, relaxed, or euphoric. But the sources of these stimuli are different for different people. A large majority of people use drugs to satisfy those urges, whether it's caffeine, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, psychedelics, et cetera. Some people do other things to feel "good." like watch TV or meditate or play high-intensity sports.

It's not that everyone uses drugs, but everyone does something to feel stimulated or euphoric. The people that use drugs use drugs for that reason though, usually.

That's a much better explanation. Everybody feels the need to..quench, I guess, certain desires, and others do it different ways.

But is doing Meth a worse way to get your rocks off than sky diving? Is there any inherent difference? Or am I just programmed to think that.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
    #4019911 - 04/06/05 12:19 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

good thread
i have recently stopped worryin about how others think about me and my fascination with experimenting and getting to know my place on earth...

my parents are not for drugs of anykind and i tell them about some of the stuff i do (bud). my brother who isnt crazy about it asked me and i told him i eat mushrooms and i wasnt ashamed. embracing this has been in itself reassuring, just knowing that it is just a way of life, natural and freakkinancient as hell!

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4020361 - 04/06/05 03:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This is the same with anything though. People always seek out similiarities between themselves and powerful/respected peopled.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4020372 - 04/06/05 04:10 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
But is doing Meth a worse way to get your rocks off than sky diving? Is there any inherent difference? Or am I just programmed to think that.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Seems a lot of people want reassurance that using drugs is perfectly normal. [Re: niteowl]
    #4020562 - 04/06/05 06:45 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

freddurgan said:

Or maybe we just refuse to believe that drugs are a worse route because we all do them, and in a desperate attempt in justification we claim that all the other people are "programmed" and "lied to" when really, we are lying to ourselves?

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
andrew weil: the natural mind [Re: freddurgan]
    #4020629 - 04/06/05 07:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4020643 - 04/06/05 07:53 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

freddurgan said:

Or maybe we just refuse to believe that drugs are a worse route because we all do them, and in a desperate attempt in justification we claim that all the other people are "programmed" and "lied to" when really, we are lying to ourselves?

But we all do drugs differently and for different reasons and outcomes. I've seen both sides of this personally. It's like everything else in life IMO, it comes down to intent.

But I would say that anyone who sees this issue in black and white terms is programmed.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract