Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Prescription Drugs Vs. Illegal Drugs
    #609593 - 04/16/02 02:07 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I have been questioning the authenticity of some of the prescribed drugs that are just being handed to people because they think they have a problem... for example a friend of mine went through hard family trouble and was put on an anti-depressant called wel-butrin(sp?) for about a year because his parents freaked when they found out he took acid and totally fucked with his head when he was tripping.Of course after the incident he was very depressed and his parents thought he needed something to make him normal. I've never seen such a sudden change in my friend even on the hardest trip of his life,who was this person i thought i knew for 5 years....some sort of zombie? He lost interest in things we did and looked more depressed than ever....and when he did smile i could always tell it wasn't real. Well i did stick with my friend and finally make him stop taking these terrible chemicals after he tried to quit 3 times but was seriously addicted after only a few months. He went through terrible withdrawls trying to sneak and take these pills away from my back like some sort of junkie in the ally. After a few weeks my friend came back to reality and is living a very happy life and thanks me all the time for what i did for him, he says he never would have stopped without my help.

So i see people being prescribed these pills and others just like them to normal people that don't have a *chemical inbalance* or some of these other made up names for excuses to make people *normal*. I believe every persons mind is different, so this one pill is supposed to fix a chemical inbalance in your mind, i guess millions of other people have this exact same inbalance and this drug is supposed to affect every persons mind the same?!? I doubt it. I think the new war on drugs should start in the psychiatrist offices,pharmacies, and detention centers that just shove these things down your throught without a thought, hell they are probably on them too.Damn Robots.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: Prescription Drugs Vs. Illegal Drugs [Re: Scarekrow]
    #609595 - 04/16/02 02:10 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

more paragraphs....my eyes are tired

Don't squeeze the pancake batter

Re: Prescription Drugs Vs. Illegal Drugs [Re: Scarekrow]
    #609613 - 04/16/02 02:42 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, it's that whole mcdonaldisation of society... everyone wants instant results... a quick fix. not happy? here, pop a pill. i was on an antidepressant similar to wellbutrin for a while and when i got off it i had terrible withdrawals, i felt dizzy, had delayed vision, and felt like i was gonna puke every 10 seconds.

i think people should work on fixing the problem from the inside rather than popping psych meds from the bat. in the long run it's a lot better and healthier, and teaches you to cope with life rather than going the quick fix route.

Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot. - Niel Gaiman

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology