Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Who remembers what happened on 24 March 1973?
    #3964965 -

Pink Floyd released the Dark Side of the Moon :darkside:
So be sure to put it in your player tonight :thumbup:
It's been 32 years.



--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who remembers what happened on 24 March 1973? [Re: ivi]
    #3964981 -

Will do. I was listening to it last night too. I like pink floyd

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who remembers what happened on 24 March 1973? [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #3965115 -

I love PF, but DSOTM is probably my least favorite album of theirs. It's a great album, but I hate the fact that it is so commercialized.
I've known tons of people that think they are hardcore PF fans because they like the Wall and DSOTM and have never even heard any of their other stuff.

In my opinion Animals, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, Meddle, A Saucerful Of Secrets, and The Final Cut blow away The Wall and DSOTM.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who remembers what happened on 24 March 1973? [Re: Deadmaker]
    #3965155 -

I'll be sure to give it a spin later.
Final Cut blows away DSOTM? That's a bit extreme, but to each their own.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who remembers what happened on 24 March 1973? [Re: Deadmaker]
    #3965158 -

I was Born and Houses of the Holy was released...

WOOHOO we're all 32!!!


--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who remembers what happened on 24 March 1973? [Re: California]
    #3965262 -

The Final Cut is a great album. It kind of heads off in the direction that Roger Waters went with his solo stuff, but I like that. It's also the first Floyd cd that I listened to, so I especially like it because if I hadn't heard it I might have never gotten into that band.

Anyway, it's probably not a better album than DSOTM, but that doesn't mean I can't like it more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who remembers what happened on 24 March 1973? [Re: ivi]
    #3965321 -

I do not like Dark Side of the Moon. I have heard it in its entirety many times.

Let me explain. I think that the album is a cliche that potheads gather around. People nowadays listen to it or put the prism up on their walls because they heard that it was trippy stoner music, and they want to be cool. I think that DSOTM is a statement that says "yeah mannnnnnnnnn I'm deep, far out."

I think the guitar is limp, the vocals drag along, and those bells and cash registers irk me.

SORRY! The album is probably so awesome and I'm handicapped because it doesn't push by buttons. But, well, it doesn't push my buttons.


--------------------
Namaste

Edited by RedNukleus (03/24/05 02:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who remembers what happened on 24 March 1973? [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3965336 -

Atom Heart Mother owns all.... I'm interested to hear your anti-DSOM rationale, however.


--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who remembers what happened on 24 March 1973? [Re: TinTree]
    #3965355 -

OK cool. Now can I get some feedback on my opinion?


--------------------
Namaste

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who remembers what happened on 24 March 1973? [Re: MasonsChild]
    #3965889 -

MasonsChild said:
I was Born and Houses of the Holy was released...

WOOHOO we're all 32!!!



Well 5 for you then!

Love the screan name!


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who remembers what happened on 24 March 1973? [Re: Ripple]
    #3966737 -

While exploited by potheads and people who don't know much Floyd, DSOTM musically destroys The Final Cut IMO.
The holophonic sound (on vinyl at least) is the best part of The Final Cut.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Flaming Lips DSOTM
( 1 2 3 all )
PurpleKush 2,640 40 12/26/09 08:16 PM
by skatealex2
* I found my DSOTM cd ... PaulAtreides 590 6 06/17/05 01:35 AM
by PaulAtreides
* What will happen on December 21, 2012?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Brukan 18,124 111 05/22/19 08:07 AM
by Antigov
* Watkins Glen 1973 Jim 1,035 14 11/12/04 02:15 PM
by Jim
* i remember... anoun 748 8 01/13/04 06:17 PM
by anoun
* killing a dream?it could happen
( 1 2 3 all )
whiterasta 7,656 42 08/05/03 08:54 PM
by GGreatOne234
* Does anyone remember? chinadoll 887 2 02/20/03 08:30 PM
by Fina
* The most amazing thing happened to me yesterday!!!!!!! Glacius 1,126 8 03/05/03 05:14 PM
by Glacius

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
839 topic views. 3 members, 51 guests and 84 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.