Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Papaver Somniferum, Phish, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
killing a dream?it could happen
    #1779083 - 08/04/03 07:43 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

As the reports come in on the El Cid scene(or lack thereof)this thought occurred to my conspiracy theory filled, paranoid delusional mind.
If I wanted to destroy the mystique of LSD how would I do it?
Read many opf the reports on the El Cid going around and you will see how it is done.
First hype the product "silver summer"(I was wishing too folks)and leak hints of good quantity.This will get us old timers to reminisce about good times and great folks setting up expectations even higher.
Now turn out a bunch of crap hits for outrageous prices that newbies will scoff at and have a completly different perception of the "scene" than was portrayed by some of us oldsters.
We lose credibility,Acid loses its mystical attraction and the prohibitionists finally pull the thorn in their side the festival scene has always been and the El Cid culture which surrounds it.
Now am I just an old paranoid or does this ring a little too true?
What do some of you youngers think of the El Cid scene this year?Happy? Enlightened? or Scammed,ripped off and over charged?
What memories of golden acid summers will you carry on?Will there be the fascination with the spice which was growing with it's scarcity?Or has the mystery been corrupted by blue ball hits that cost triple what a mind blowing hit cost ten yrs ago?
I am very interested what you young folks think of what you are experiencing on the festival trail.I already know it has been changed beyond MY recognition.So please fill in this old fart on what's happening now.I don't wish to make a further fool of myself talking about the old times like they have not changed,obviosly they have.
All I can say (and I may even be speaking for china too)this is NOT the way we left things and we are too long from the scene and too old and battered by living it too change anything but our advice to ya'll.
Since the scene is obviously corrupted terribly I personaly would like to here from you your experiences in this "Silver Summer".
BTW Like China I was informed things were going to be VERY good this year..........MY BAD TO BELIEVE AND SPEAK BEFORE CONFIRMATION.
To all of you who I may have contributed to higher expectations than delivered I apologize,I was as duped as you and am pretty pissed at the person who gave me the info(who BTW is no where to be found).
So what do you all think the effect of this years crap acid will ahve on future expectations?
I know it has dampened my faith in Family and deepened my worry that the movement has been corrupted or taken over by "other" interests.
WR:rasta: :shake:

--------------------
To old for this place

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: killing a dream?it could happen [Re: whiterasta]
    #1779233 - 08/04/03 08:47 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

If I wanted to destroy the mystique of LSD how would I do it?

-Honestly, I think that the family should not use music anymore to move the juice; I think they should be using the internet and anonomous P.O. Boxes as a new hub of distribution. As far as destroying the mystique, well i don't think that will ever be possible...

Quote:

the prohibitionists finally pull the thorn in their side the festival scene has always been and the El Cid culture which surrounds it.
Now am I just an old paranoid or does this ring a little too true?

-Yeah, The DEA and stupid coppers really threw a monkey-wrench into the concert/festival scene. I think that the year 2000 was a turning point for the drugs chain of distribution; i also think that the rave scene is responsible for much of the price hikes on the doses...

Quote:

What do some of you youngers think of the El Cid scene this year?Happy? Enlightened? or Scammed,ripped off and over charged?

Well, i had at least 3 or 4 good summers in the 90's of bountiful lsd...i don't feel all that much ripped off or over-charged, i just felt that the lsd just was not out there this year. The supply and demand simply was not met.

Now, the one thing that simply is not acceptable is putting the crystals into the wrong peoples hands. Absolutely no excuse for this, imo. Weak sheets is wrong. And i believe that weak sheets is the reason for all the problems this year. If those doses were strong enough than the drug will work its magic on those people, and the prices will drop about one hour after the dealer drops a hit on the tounge...LSD is supposed to be very potent experience, that is why everything was working out well until the potency drops, then the people arent tripping hard enough and they just start thinking about how much money they can make off it.

Cool post, thanks,

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1779276 - 08/04/03 09:06 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

As a veteran and also a spectator to this summers tour I would like to sling a little mud. It might make some friends pissed, but when it comes to our sacrament I call it as I see. it.

First there is a whole new wave of tour kids. Alot of these kids are touring because its the "cool ,alternative " thing to do. A different lifestyle to adventure. I don't think alot of these kids were raised with the same guidence that some of us older people were. When I came on tour there was a ton of old people who were kind and showed the youngsters the value of LSD and spreading it around.

Some of these tour kids are taking ten-packs and selling them out in single doses at 7-10$ a piece. Thats 6-8000$ profit on only 1000 doses.
I used to make 300$ on each gram I sold. Thats 3 cents a dose profit. Lesser amounts were more taxed ,but never more than 50 cents per dose.

Thats the problem I see at the bottom of the scale. Now to talk about the problem at the top. There have been a few people to turn out some batches of less than 100mcg. This is a problem because 100mcg. has been the agreed upon lowest dose for awhile. Quite a bit of the paper in the early tour(buddhas, fractals white un-perf) was layed properly. So not all of the batches have been skimped on, but enough to bitch.

The problem is the price. At Bonnaroo there was a ton of acid there. The prices were way to high, but I thought mabye its just because there's so much demand and it would quickly go down as tour flooded.
Instead of opening up the spicket and flooding the hell ot of tour, which would have dropped prices were they belong it seems that some folks are just sitting on the juice. Prices have droped a little but nowere near the place they should be. I think its totaly fucking wrong for a person to pay 5$ a hit let alone 10$. The answer I see is to flood the lot with silver and lavander so that kids got no choice ,but to lower it back to 2 for 5$.
Those are not decisions I'm part off. All I can do is bitch.

As for the future who knows. Hopefully the Dead will tour again and the good people that still produce the love will see the errors of management this summer and change. Hopefully me and my friends won't have to watch something we view so sacred be destroyed. Alot of people work many, many years selflessly to spread LSD. Some dedicated parts of there life in prison and didn't bitch about there loss because they believed so much in the power of LSD to help our species and all the life we are in contact with.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: killing a dream?it could happen [Re: chinacat72]
    #1779372 - 08/04/03 09:34 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

When I came on tour there was a ton of old people who were kind and showed the youngsters the value of LSD and spreading it around.

There is indeed quite a value to having kind old people around to provide some guidance. I was lucky enough to have more than a few of these mentors in my youth, on a lot of levels, several decades ago, and I think that a lack of that kind of guidance, is bound to lead to all kinds of trouble... :frown:

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: killing a dream?it could happen [Re: Papaver]
    #1779410 - 08/04/03 09:46 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Historically, powerfull mind altering substances have been under the controll of a guru of some sort, like a shaman. Modern times have relenquished control of powerful chemical and organic allies to "the market". People today just don't have the proper social construct to appreciate the magic, and so, consequently, it has become just another consumer product.

--------------------

Offlinedibbles
Just a normalguy with nothingto lose.

Loc: Exactly where you'd never...
Re: killing a dream?it could happen [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1779472 - 08/04/03 10:00 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

To bad philanthropist-dealers are about as common as unicorns and ducks that lay golden eggs. I envy the stories I read of the past dead shows and such, hopefully it will change, we can only hope...

--------------------
You've succumb to an empty fate, your false prophets are gone, your life,meaningless, your heart and head broken, and we're all laughing.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #1779555 - 08/04/03 10:31 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

papaver said:
Quote:

When I came on tour there was a ton of old people who were kind and showed the youngsters the value of LSD and spreading it around.

There is indeed quite a value to having kind old people around to provide some guidance. I was lucky enough to have more than a few of these mentors in my youth, on a lot of levels, several decades ago, and I think that a lack of that kind of guidance, is bound to lead to all kinds of trouble... :frown: 

do you guys realize that you are now the next generation of elders. i dont know how youre mentors spread the knowledge. but i think that back then when the magic was happening they devoted their whole lives to it.why risk years of the spread of lsd  and then move on  and complain about how things are goin. a family is a family forever right.  but really i think that a powerful lsd experiece is enough to bring back the magic and get rid of the psuedohippines yuppies . after what happend this summer the family should know that a flood is whats necesary of good acid too. i think the fact that lavender and amber exist is ridiculus maybe silver too. if lsd is so sacred to them why not produce needlepoint  and fluff only and flood the lots with those im sure that will bring the magic back.but if they cant then whats the point anymore

edit. and also ive asked this before and its never been answerd .. the dead wont be around forever the lot scene is dead. an nationwide network and annominos mail would be the best way to continiosly flood the whole nation. the dead might never tour like they did before we cant relly on that anymore

Edited by mindcandy (08/04/03 10:41 PM)

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: killing a dream?it could happen [Re: buckwheat]
    #1779569 - 08/04/03 10:36 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

I always thought acid was way underpriced at $5 a hit, not that I minded p[aying that, shit I used to get a ten strip for $10!

But still, compare a hit of acid to a night of drinking or smoking or rolling or snortin coke, and you will find that even $10 a hit is a bargain...

I loved the old school prices, but I knew they wouldnt last forever, especially when you got a new genration of dumb kids payin $25 for an e tab that is 90% speed...

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineCherk
Narc
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: killing a dream?it could happen [Re: chinacat72]
    #1779571 - 08/04/03 10:37 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Maybe it's just a matter of talkign to some of the new kids before giving them acid.  Almost like an interview, hehe, it's sad it has to come to that but maybe it's what the scene needs.  I'm sure there's plenty of people like me who dream of giving away doses to every person in sight, its just a matter of finding the right people.

This summer was my first summer in the scene and my first Dead show :smile:  I may have been lucky but all the people I talked to who were selling doses were friendly and selling $5 hits.  2 for $5 would be nice though :smile:

As soon as my life permits me to I'd love to go on tour and spread the love. :smile:  Money doesn't really have an impact on me.  All I need is food, shelter, and a sense of security to be happy.   

I think what the scene needs is some kind of reminder of what it's really about.  Love.  Money has to strong of a grip on some people which prevents them from experiencing love.  I remember in the lots I saw people who did not belong there selling "hippy burritos" for $5.  All are welcome but I feel nothing but anguish towards the yuppies trying to make a buck by capatalizing off loving people.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#1779675 - 08/04/03 11:27 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Historically, powerfull mind altering substances have been under the controll of a guru of some sort, like a shaman. Modern times have relenquished control of powerful chemical and organic allies to "the market". People today just don't have the proper social construct to appreciate the magic, and so, consequently, it has become just another consumer product.

Wow! The commodification of sacrament in a society where the youth control a consumer-based commerce; while their parents slave away at jobs to give them more discretionary income; and the old folks are stored retirement facilities awaiting disposal...

You paint a bleak, but accurate picture...

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #1779813 - 08/05/03 12:08 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

"Old people should be studied, so we can find out what organs and fluids can be extracted from them."

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: killing a dream?it could happen [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1779976 - 08/05/03 01:01 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

As someone who is still in their thirties, I find that statement funny... :wink:

--------------------

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1780384 - 08/05/03 03:37 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

whiterasta said: Now am I just an old paranoid or does this ring a little too true?:

You seem paranoid. I think a more likely explanation is that the product was hyped so that a lot of people would purchase the drug. Giving them shitty hits would save on expenses, thus increasing the profit margin.

Why would anyone simply out for profits care about destroying the mystique of LSD? They don't. Hell, they probably would want to promote the mysticism behind LSD! They want to sell LSD because they know it's scarce, it's a smugglers dream, and it represents potential huge amounts of profit. I don't think this had anything to do with the mysticism associated with LSD at all.

Also, I think that LSD users who see any sort of mysticism associated with LSD are in the minority. In real life (before I'd met any shroomerites), I was the closest LSD user that I knew to seeing any myticism in the drug at all (yes, me). Everyone else I knew who used LSD took it because it made you see things that weren't there with minimal mind altering effects. IMO, the mysticism behind LSD exists mostly on online forums, which represent the minority of LSD users.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1780387 - 08/05/03 03:40 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said: it has become just another consumer product.

I agree. In my experience, the majority of LSD users take it for recreational purposes and would likely laugh at any sort of suggestion that it was in any way useful for mystical, philosophical or spiritual purposes.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1780393 - 08/05/03 03:45 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

papaver said: You paint a bleak, but accurate picture...

Depends what you consider bleak. You're the one who painted the image of the parents on, remember. I favour the demystification of LSD and find any mysticism surrounding the drug annoying and laughable. If I'm going to buy acid I don't want some goof babbling at me about having mystical experiences. Sorry, but I prefer looking at LSD as chemical entertainment which you can purchase.

(or chemical "art", if you like, because it can be interesting)

OfflineCherk
Narc
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: killing a dream?it could happen *DELETED* [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1780430 - 08/05/03 04:02 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Post deleted by Smoker For Peace

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: killing a dream?it could happen *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Cherk]
    #1780479 - 08/05/03 04:30 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Post deleted by Phencyclidine

Anonymous

Re: killing a dream?it could happen *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1780552 - 08/05/03 05:17 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

I agree, this summer was a BIG disappointment, after hearing all the talk of the silver summer I was pumped up. $6-10 a hit is ridiculous but i'd pay it right now, I've had one real hit this year that came from bonnaroo and I've been to 2 dead shows and found NO real cid, this is bullshit, I got ripped at last years terrapin station show at alpine too. I got completely disappointed this summer, if there is cid out there it's being distributed like SHIT people are charging outrageous amounts and most of it's fake, I remember like back in 2000 NO ONE had fake cid it was all real what the fuck is happening, people are turning shitty! I'm just super pissed as I traveled all over more for acid than the dead and still came up with nothing, i'm almost to the point where i don't think it'll ever be back again, the silver summer was bullshit cause they're isn't shit to be found and if it is it's a ripoff!! whoever has cid, have fun tripping while I sit here thinking of what could've been, they're obviouslly isn't much around like was previously said, I could actually get shittons at the PHISH show in 98 and the dead is supposed to be the band that would have cid on tour so this is just bullshit. I give up i don't see myself being enlightened anytime soon.

dlag

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: killing a dream?it could happen *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: ]
    #1780564 - 08/05/03 05:26 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

It's amazing how cheap the drug is even at "retail" level. It's entirely possible that if the shortage continues for long enough and people start charging $10 / hit that this could become the new standard price. After a while, if people keep charging $10, nobody will complain about it anymore and everyone will come to accept it.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: killing a dream?it could happen [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1780596 - 08/05/03 05:51 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Can you describe the most intense acid trip you've ever had?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Papaver Somniferum, Phish, Scales

Community >> The Pub