Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
FAITH in YOURSELF, and SHINING BRIGHT..... =)
    #3948989 - 03/21/05 03:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:sun: FAITH in YOURSELF, and SHINING BRIGHT.....  :sun:
OK, I honestly made the "FAI?H in JeSuS ChriS?, Just the Beggining of Seeing the Beauty of This World" thread in my excitement to my finding Faith in GOD, then in finding Faith in Jesus, and accepting them both into my heart with my new understanding of Faith and Love....  And just for the record, I did not mearly choose to believe because others do, it was more of a realization for me personally....    It just WAS....  Perhaps my words were forcefull to others, and I wish to take back that forcefullness if it is/was seen that way by others....  That is one of the reasons why I had not added to that thread in a while, while I had a chance to sort it all out....  I am still learning and growing, and perhaps people can look past the forcefullness of my past words to date....  That was one of the reasons I changed my name and started over with a fresh start....    :heart:  :thumbup:
MY PERSONAL PERSPECTIVE - (just to share, not to force anything on anyone....)
For me, my believing was very much a Mystical experience, and I had not ever really expected ANYTHING just by simply believing in a higher power (of GOD)....  To my utter shock and surprise I was completely astounded at the effects - especailly at how I viewed others and myself as opposed to the actions of others and myself....  Effects that are still STRONGLY echoing thru every breath that I take....  It literally changed my life around COMPLETELY, and for the better - and my life was not so bad at all before this point....  :heart:  I was living a path as to not try to negatively effect others or myself, and more-so as of the last year of my life or so....   
SELFLESSNESS....
I still have to learn and understand more about where one draws the lines at selflessness, and more so in the giving of monitary means, or even a simple helping hand to a person in somewhat desperate need of help....  With the fortunate life I have lived, perhaps it just may be a nice positive gesture to help those that maybe don't/didn't have the means, or have fallen on hard times in their lives and were seeking help that I could freely give....  And I don't just mean homeless people persay, as seemingly they may have chosen to live a life like they do, and maybe they have chosen that life because they truly enjoy that for them....  Perhaps it will take a little skill to recognized that someone could use a helping hand, and maybe they didn't ask because of their pride, or for other reasons.... 
A WALL OF PRIDE....
As for me, I have always had a hard time asking for help from anyone, and I have always attributed this to my pride - "I CAN DO IT MYSELF" - in thinking....  What does it mean....?    I dunno~, I have never thought of this in depth before....  It really puts those thoughts of pride in perspective when you have a "serious" physical ailment that you may run across in life, or need to heal from - like a back surgury for instance....  :wink:      I have never married, so I found myself asking of my parents for the help I actually needed for my recovery, to which they were there for me without question....  My second surgury gave way to making plans to ask help of them because I kinda~ knew what to expect, to which they were there for me without question again, spending THEIR time to help me when I thought I needed it....    My parents are BOTH very wonderful people....  :heart:    Up till now, I had always favored my mother because I could relate better to her, but I found lately that I just need to understand my father a little better....  Both of their hearts are in the right place....  If it wasn't for both of them, and the way they were, perhaps either I wouldn't be here, or I would not be the way I am now....  :crying:  :heartpump:
FAITH IN ANYTHING.... 
If one is able to find inner strength in a material thing such as money, more power to ya~....!    As long as it makes you happy, and your intentions are truly positive towards yourself and others, there really can be no wrong....  Being selfless is also a choice, and sharing an excess of financial means is never a requirement if it makes you happy, after all, it is your money....  But, what is "money"....?    It seems to be a value that is never really "stable" if you think about it....  Even if the value stays the same, perhaps the prices change, making the money not "stable" in value at all....  People that suffered thru the great depression very much felt the effects of what happens when you come to depend on money....  So, who is to say that any form of money is "stable"....?  In fact, of all of the things in life, what IS truly "steady" or "stable"....?    The only thing I can think of at the moment is what is printed on every form of currency that I know of(at least in the USA)....  "In GOD WE TRUST"....  So to even to believe in the power of money, one is indirectly kinda~ giving into a system of a TRUST based on GOD....  But even with that, one does not have to believe in GOD, as it is very much a choice.... 
Since in my beliefs GOD has created everything, GOD is the only one that I can build a system of FAITH or TRUST in....  For even the things created by man, man was first created by GOD....  And again, these are my personal beliefs, I am not trying to force upon anyone my beliefs, I am just finding ways to logically reason the things in my life as I know them and have perceived them to be with my strong new found belief system....  To me, a lot of "stuff" is starting to make a lot of sense when I relate it to GOD in my life....  Does that make it right for you, only YOU can decide that....  Does it make it "TRUTH"....?  Well, it makes it TRUTH for me as I perceive it HERE and NOW....
FAITH IN YOURSELF....
So, is it wrong to NOT have FAITH in anything....?    Again, this is something for each individual to decide on their own....  I could only hope that one could at least have FAITH and TRUST in themself....  Without having FAITH and TRUST in yourself, how could you act, function, or even be yourself the way you know yourself to be....?  What would you be left with without a solid foundation or system of belief in yourself....?    How could you shine into this world with a smile, or have FAITH or TRUST in anything else if you do not have A Solid Foundation of BELIEF in Yourself....?   
SUMMARY OF MY LIFE's RE-BIRTH....
When I personally was going thru hard times a little over a year ago, I had lost that FAITH, TRUST, and BELIEF in myself, and I really started to LET things that really didn't matter effect how I acted towards EVERYTHING....  I had CHOOSEN not to be myself, nor let my personallity come out for all to see in a positive way....  I was hiding my personallity behind a solid shield, and it was a somewhat "lost" way of living life....  I had let the weight of the world sit very heavily on my shoulders until it had pushed me down and consumed my very being....  My life was seemingly very dim, almost to the point of being "snuffed out"....  Perhaps I even needed to go thru this "trial" at that time of my life so I could SEE the contrast of darkness and how consuming it really can be....
Then one day, I literally thought, "WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MYSELF....?  THIS IS MY LIFE DaMMiT...!"  And once I realized this, I slowly started building a foundation of FAITH in MYSELF, and my life started glowing a light from the center of me that would eventually turn into the bright light that I feel it is now....  At first I did it myself, or I think I did anyways....(?)  Then when I found Faith GOD, I started to shine a LOT brighter....  Then soon after, I found my Faith in Jesus, and I started shining a brightness that is really undescribable in words....  They BOTH gave me so much inner strength to help let me TRULY BELIEVE and have FAITH in MYSELF....  It also made it SO much easier to shine upon the world without ever thinking for a moment that I was doing anything "wrong" any more....  To myself or to others, my actions have turned to be positive, with positive thinking....  It generally just wasn't my "way" before all of this to intentionally "hurt" people, but now everything is just a lot more bright....!  :sun: 
Today, I focus trying to live in a way of SHINING, and more paying attention to others feelings....  Not just trying to "not hurt" other's feelings, but to try and let them see that they CAN build a solid foundation of FAITH within themselves....  And as I have seen with my own eyes, it doesn't take much to plant a seed of light whithin someone with VERY simple, or even a FEW words....  And for real, it is "honest" and "real"....  I am not talking about just throwing out some bullshit positive comments at someone that are just for flattery purposes - people can see right thru that crap....  Sometimes the people that have lost FAITH in themselves, or have started to question themselves in a time of struggle, just need a little light shown on the POSITIVE STRENGTHS that they have....  Sometimes people in life just may take those things for granted and not say anything about those qualities at all in another person....  For some it is easier this way, and there is really nothing "wrong" with that at all....  :heart:
SHINING....
As a VERY CLOSE SOUL that I have become VERY close to my :heartpump: said to me, in not so many words,
:sun: Perhaps it is time to SHINE.... SHINE as BRIGHT YOU CAN, and SHINE OFTEN to the world around you....  :sun:
Life CAN be so much simpler and easier IF you were to decide to cast out the darkness/negativeness in your thoughts and/or actions towards yourself and others....    But again, this is ALL a choice made by each individual....  It just doesn't matter if you believe in something other than what ANYONE ELSE has chosen to believe in or not believe in....  It is a matter of SHINING your positive personallity out onto the world around you - and EVERYONE DOES have their own personallity to shine....  There is certainly nothing wrong with baby-steps either....  That is how I "came around" and did it for myself....  I have FAITH that ANYONE can also do this too - if they so choose.... 
MENTALLY HARMFUL NEGATIVES....
So what about the people that choose NOT to act in a nice "SHINEY" way in their chosen actions towards themselves or others....?  Well, 3 words come to mind.... 
"LET IT BOUNCE"....   
Sounds simple, but think about it....  If someone CHOOSES to have negative non-physically threatening actions towards anyone, don't hold on to that negativity and give it strength, as that is also a choice and is powerless if you let it bounce off of you - YOU are invinsable to words if you choose to be....  Perhaps it would be a reason to subtly point out to that person that what they did/said could be hurtful to others, and what they said or did was not very nice....  It really may be that simple....  If everyone started to "LET IT BOUNCE", and "SHINE" at the same time, this world would would really be a nicer brighter place to live in PEACE and JOY as it was intented....    :sun:
PHYSICALLY HARMFUL NEGATIVES....
So, what about those people that take it to the next level, and make a negative harmful physical action towards you or someone else - perhaps a family member or even a stranger....  Well, that is going to be an individual call....  Full awareness and analyzation of a situation would be required to try and stay alive....  It is a matter of survival....  And me sitting here at a computer could not ever really tell anyone how to go about handling such things....  There are people that are paid to help in those situations, but it would also be very helpful of you to put that train in motion if needed....  Even in my own past I have stood by and watched as someone got hurt by the hands of others, and I chose not to do anything because it didn't really "effect" me....    SO I stood there and let someone else be effected by senseless harmful actions of others when I very much could have helped in their time of need....  Why....?  Perhaps it was out of MY own fear.... 
A STORY OF FEAR....
This certain situation was when I was about 14-16, and a buddy and I were walking into a social function from out in the parking lot....  A car tooled by with three or four guys, and one whistled at at an attractive chick that was walking in with her boyfriend(?)....  The one guy took offense to this and smacked the top of the car as it passed while yelling vulgars at them....  The car stopped, and three of the four guys jumped out very quickly - ironically as I remember, the driver stayed in the car....  The three guys quickly surrounded the doood, and quickly started to beat him down....  All the while, my buddy and I stood there like two dear in headlights as three guys senselessly all jumped on one guy and beat him for no apparently GOOD reason....  My buddy and I stood there and watched the "shock and awe" well out of harms way, and did nothing....  :frown:  If we had jumped in, it would have evened the playing field.... 
Did we do anything wrong....?  No, not really....  But did we do anything "right"....?  No, not really....  We did nothing....  It is VERY EASY to not get involved....  I feel shameful today thinking back about it, but it does no good to regret my actions now....    Luckily, the doood's girlfriend had some hard tipped boots on....  :smile:  She ran in and completly DROPPED one of the attackers with ONE POWERFUL KICK to his NUTZ~, that anyone watching felt the pain-shock-wave from that one fully intended kick that landed on mark....!  :shocked:  :lol:  As soon as he dropped, his buddies stopped attacking, grabbed their now rolling on the ground in pain buddy, and scooped him up into the car for a hasty retreat....!  My buddy and I looked at each other and said "WoW", then went on our way.... 
It is hard to not think about being in that guys shoes....  He did make a very big mistake of escalating something that didn't really matter, and that was his choice to do so....  But had he done nothing to provoke the attack, we both would have prolly~ stood there just the same....  Perhaps he needed to get a SHINEr to learn from his mistakes....?  :lol:
ENDING....! :thumbup:  :smirk:  :lol:
Yeah, this got WAY long, so I may just end it here...!  :smile:    Thanx~ for taking the time to read down this far if you have, and I hope you have a wonderful day/night in the NOW in the life with you and yours....!  :heart:    Don't ferget~ to SHINE....!  --If you so choose to do so....  :wink:
:sun:
There have been 3 different CDs from bands that I like, that recently have had a deeper meaning to me.... 
Dream Theater's "Train of Thought"....
Staind's "Break The Cycle"....
and Shinedown's "Leave a Whisper"....
All thre CDs have a similar overview and are close to the same in meaning of each other in wording....
This is a song from "Shinedown" called "Burning Bright" (#6) to which I find somewhat fitting for this thread....  :smile:  :heart:
I feel like there is no need for, Conversation....
Some questions are better left, Without a reason....
And I would rather reveal myself than my, Situation....
NOW and THEN I consider, My hesitation....
Chorus:
The More the Light Shines Thru Me,
I Pretend to Close My Eyes....
The More The Dark Consumes Me,
I Pretend I'm Burning Bright....
I wonder if the things I did were just, To be different....
To spare myself of the constant shame of, My existance....
And I would surely redeem myself in my, Desperation....
HERE and NOW I'll express, My Situation....
Chorus X2
Bridge:
There's nothing ever "WRONG", but nothing's ever "RIGHT"....
Such a cruel Contradiction....
I know I cross the lines, it's not easy to Define....
I'm born to Indecision....
There's always something NEW, some path I'm Supposed to CHOOSE....
With no particular RHYME or REASON....
Chorus X2
Music, a powerful catalyst "Mover" of all eMotionALLmotion.... 
It has certainly moved me in my lifetime....  :heartpump:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: FAITH in YOURSELF, and SHINING BRIGHT..... =) [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #3961263 - 03/23/05 08:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey friend, you seem on the right track in your spiritual quest. I like your openmindedness and not telling everyone you're right and there wrong. Something lots of religious folks do.

I started out in Christanity years ago. I've moved on but "God" speaks to everyone in a different way. Keep goin!

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: FAITH in YOURSELF, and SHINING BRIGHT..... =) [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #3961976 - 03/23/05 11:12 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

great post man. Shine on :sun:

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: FAITH in YOURSELF, and SHINING BRIGHT..... =) [Re: flowstone]
    #3962873 - 03/24/05 01:59 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

what's w/ the alter ego tomcat?

I'm sorry I didn't read your whole post, but i'm pretty tired.

I LOVE how enthusiastic you feel after you FIND God! For me it comes in cycles, like everything else in my life. I haven't been cruising the s&p forums lately, cause I just started growing, and spend more time in Cultivation these days.

Plus I get a little tired of reading everyone else's posts which say the exact same things I think of all the time. Why spend time reading stuff I already know?

but I do enjoy comming here and seeing what's going on. Sorry that everyone got pissed at you for giving the shoutout to JC. He was a cool dude, and I think that his message was great! Any serious spiritual seeker should give the new testament a glance or two. Unfortunately the church is full of shit, and jesus is guilty by association.

I like to think that Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed, etc, were all the same soul reincarnated in different places in order to spread it's message.

but anyways, don't worry when the glow dies down a little. The universe runs in cycles and it will eventually come back. Just don't forget what you KNOW... yet at the same time be ready to forget it at any moment so that you may still KNOW without the stains of time tainting your beliefs. I hope that made sense.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology