Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: The "Brights" Movement [Re: raytrace]
    #1851338 -

"A Bright is a person whose world view is free of supernatural and mystical elements.?

Ah, how boring. I am under the impression that life is what we make of it; those who seek a sterile, ideological, rationalism-bound, western, ego-driven, linear model for their universe will only have that.

I say that there is no truth, only our models.

Do the "Brights" urge their children to color their coloring-books in strict accordance to the logical colorwheel? I mean, there is no such thing as purple skinned people and certainly the lines in the coloring book are there for a reason, right?


--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Brights" Movement [Re: Xochitl]
    #1851382 -

Xochitl said:
Ah, how boring. I am under the impression that life is what we make of it; those who seek a sterile, ideological, rationalism-bound, western, ego-driven, linear model for their universe will only have that.




I second this! How fucking boring, indeed. (imagine a snotty, drawn out indeed here).
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Brights" Movement [Re: Xochitl]
    #1851414 -

"A Believer is a person whose world view is ruled by supernatural and mystical elements.?

Ah, how boring. I am under the impression that life is what we make of it; those who seek an unsterile, ideological, irrational, western, ego-driven, non-linear model for their universe will only have that.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Brights" Movement [Re: Swami]
    #1851681 -

Swami said:
"A Believer is a person whose world view is ruled by supernatural and mystical elements.”

Ah, how boring. I am under the impression that life is what we make of it; those who seek an unsterile, ideological, irrational, western, ego-driven, non-linear model for their universe will only have that.




Um... you agree with what he said, too, I take it? Or am I suspossed to be seeing a reply with it... I'm confused. hehe
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Brights" Movement [Re: raytrace]
    #1851715 -

And no one can simultaneously exist in a pragmatic reality while realizing that the limits of sensual perception may be subject to moments of transcendence? That what we percieve can ONLY be a part of all that is.So "mystical" experiences are too be expected, rather than discounted, as momentary transcendental perceptions of a larger portion of the "whole" are experienced.
What Katchy Knew Kname Kan we Koin?
How does T.W.R.T.B.I.O.B.C.(those who recognize the bullshit of being certain) sound.
Gay:is bullshit most I've met aren't though some are flamboyant
Bright:bullshit there have been too many very "bright" mystics
Trying to accumulate social status by gathering people beneath lables: the ultimate bullshit!
I agree with Swami that lables are good as physical descriptives,but labling social groups with ketchy names for status is divisive and unnecesary.We are humans of many physical shapes and forms but our behavior should only be described as "human" and as long as the particular human behavior is not a threat to other humans one can either align with it or ignore it.Everything else is BULLSHIT!(but I can't be certain;) )
Seriously what's next will pedophiles adopt the ketchy new lable of priest or Boy Scout leader? Will politicians become truthsayers? Or here's a good one we should call ego driven idiots "leaders of a new movement" again.If the relative happiness of homosexuals is any indication of what a euphamistic name for the social group you fall into can do, I have little hope the brights will become more-so with a new moniker LOL :wink:
WR:rasta: 


--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Brights" Movement [Re: whiterasta]
    #1851928 -

I agree.
hehehe


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The "Brights" Movement [Re: raytrace]
    #1852015 -

yep, certainly Dawkins is a Bright!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement RebelSteve33 1,974 14 08/12/02 02:00 AM
by kneegrow
* On the Existence of the Supernatural
( 1 2 all )
stellar renegade 3,632 33 09/30/07 10:03 AM
by PhanTomCat
* Physics website poll on the supernatural
( 1 2 all )
Swami 2,531 24 06/17/05 12:31 AM
by Sclorch
* Supernatural Silversoul 357 2 10/15/09 01:17 AM
by ScavengerType
* Aliens and Bright Stars infidelGOD 1,192 15 02/26/04 12:32 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* The Devils Element? Mycomancer 1,917 15 07/21/05 11:41 AM
by DoctorJ
* The Human Element mikebart101 1,091 15 11/29/07 05:52 PM
by leery11
* Supernatural Powers or Illusion? DiploidM 809 13 11/13/07 06:15 PM
by PhanTomCat

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,408 topic views. 2 members, 6 guests and 101 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.