Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3945421 -

It is really about seeing through all the false identities that we attribute 'I' to. It is this sense of the ego being an illusion that the Buddhists focus on - not awareness of the individual. I disagree with Jung when he said that we lose consciousness to the extent that we become egoless. Jung did not hold to a Transpersonal above the personal consciousness. I believe in the Transcendental Ego - the Real 'I.'


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #3945498 -

How would I know that I like things or how I like them if there was no "I" to know?

Any fictional sense of self is not required to be aware. Awareness has primacy to the ego, therefore is independent of the ego, as is intelligence.

In regards to your last post:
Explain how not having subjective opinions or beliefs is synonymous with ignorance.

Does rational thinking require the adherence to beliefs at all? Does productive science, ethics, or a satisfied life require any attachment to a belief of any kind? Can we predict future events, act on data, theories, and facts without resorting to belief?




--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3945531 -

gettinjiggywithit said:
I don't know how else to explain it. Why would it bother you even if John rubbed it in your face if it was the total truth?
.
And where is the wound salt is being rubbed in? How are you wounded because your maximum health, height and muscular structure and training and practice allows for you to jump two feet high.
.
How could you not feel anything but grateful that John at least can jump the 5 feet needed to get the bananas so you all could live and that he does share plenty of them without fail with you?



.
I am not upset at all, actually I was more trying to perceive things from John's shoes and to do the "right thing" in humbleness/mindfulness in those very shoes, and was asking those questions from that vantage point....    Just an exercise of perception....   
.
If one was to "proclaim" being the "best", or being "better" than someone else, it could do one of a few things to another with an ego....  1) Perhaps it would make someone try harder at finding ways of practicing and working to get as good or perhaps even "better" than John....  2) It might make someone start to dislike John because they might feel as a "lower" for not having that ability....  And I am sure there are many other situations that could arise....
.
I guess the questions I was getting to as it relates to mindfulness and selflessness is, would it be better to just state what you can do (as John) and say, "I can jump 5 feet", as opposed to stating a "boastful"(is that the right word?) self rank as to say "I AM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU"....?   
.
Sorry if I was not clear in my questions....    :heart:


:sun:


--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3945666 -

fireworks_god said:
egghead1 said:
A true understanding of egolessness cuts through our opinion. the absence of a notion of egolessness allows us to fully experience pain, birth and death because there are no philosophical padding's. The whole idea is that we must drop all reference points, all concepts of what is or what should be. Then it is possible to experience the uniqueness and vividness of phenomena directly. There is tremendous room to experience things, to allow experience to occur and pass away. Movement within vast space. Whatever happens, pleasure and pain, birth and death, and so forth are not interfered with, but are experienced in their fullest flavor.




This is the coolest thing I've ever seen you say, and you've shared a lot of interesting perspective as it is. :grin:

Center in being, not the mind. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:



I agree this is very cool


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3945689 -

Markos,

Thanks for putting what I was getting at about the false ego into other words.

Skorp,

I understand the awareness beyond the sense of the limited human self can and does "know". What thought crossed my mind when I asked the question was this. A preference for something is related to the human self and its experiences and judgments. I agree with you because that question came second to the first one I asked which was, "How would I know I prefer scrambled eggs without my ego?" I wouldn't. The spirit self in its purity can't make value judgments such as better and worse. Eggs are eggs.

It can know how my human sense of self prefers them, but to gain that knowledge it needs feedback from my human self, ego. However, I do thin a much higher awareness can have preferences without having to make value judgments. The dynamics for how all of that works are radically different from what we experience. It's my understanding that the preference is for a new experience in itself to learn and grow from.

Emotional man,

This is not about John. If some one else has a problem with Johns abilities and Johns awareness or expression of his abilities it is their problem and it comes from their false ego. You said it yourself when you said they may begin to dislike John for believing they are lower for not having his ability.

They are not John. Talk about being in a false ego, to believe you are in someone Else's body and not your own body.

Stop for a moment here and concentrate on this. If you are at your best, how can you be lower then it? Even if you are not at your best, that is still your problem for believing you should be and are not. It's not Johns problem or fault you are not up to your potential.

if you are at your potential physical best and feel lower, to feel or think this way would require a false belief or idea about the self. Your best is being at your highest ability and that is your truth, you are at your highest. Where does this "you are lower" stuff come from? That is a false belief about the self.

I don't know what other words will flip the light switch for you. Maybe someone else has them.  :confused:


--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #3945690 -

eMotionALLmotion said:
egghead1 said:
I have never had a problem with redgreenvines nor has he a problem with me?



If you are not RedGreenVines, how can you claim he does not have a problem with you....?    I am not saying he does, but how do you base your conclusion....?


:sun:  :heart:




I know how he can, and I am not him
it is because he knows what he is writing about
and I repect that
and he has seen that in my responses generally.

we have only quibbled
to create thread drag IMO.
and I think it was me doing aikido on a particular thread and egghead1 had been proximal to markthegnostic who is professional in the field, and I needed to make a gap;
I could not help myself
then some other things happenned.
very hard to explain.
kind of a genaro move.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3945718 -

MarkostheGnostic said:
It is really about seeing through all the false identities that we attribute 'I' to. It is this sense of the ego being an illusion that the Buddhists focus on - not awareness of the individual. I disagree with Jung when he said that we lose consciousness to the extent that we become egoless. Jung did not hold to a Transpersonal above the personal consciousness. I believe in the Transcendental Ego - the Real 'I.'



4 buddhists and not one single agreement on the term, since it is not a buddhist term; they have the negative anatta, and separately sunyata. but get 4 buddhists to agree on those - lots of fun...

personally if you don't see it in mediation (both terms) - as in having direct insight to their meaning, then they are best not used in a sentence, without caveats, and who would tell the whole world about a measely meditation insight?


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3945798 -

SkorpivoMusterion said:
Explain how not having subjective opinions or beliefs is synonymous with ignorance.
.
Does rational thinking require the adherence to beliefs at all? Does productive science, ethics, or a satisfied life require any attachment to a belief of any kind? Can we predict future events, act on data, theories, and facts without resorting to belief?
.




.
Can you not state the quantifiable facts as you perceive them without being subjective or synonomous and still be ignorant to more facts that you may not see....?  Yes, it is possible, as I have discovered in quite a few ways, that is why you sometimes need the helpful observations from other's perception....  Beliefs aside, perhaps if one just states the facts, there need not be any ranks at all, but it may be pertinant in how one asks the "right" questions as to get the desired
unstaind truth, so as to use that data and act in the hopefully correct way - should it require action....  Others may or may not see the facts for themselves as you have, but even the one's that have, may or may not appreciate the facts as they had known in the past - as people do change....  At some point in the relative future someone may call upon your help in that future present to be of useful service should you be willing and/or able - based on what they had observed in a past event, or series of events thru an unstaind perception of their reality, themselves....    OR, they can go out on a leap of faith....    Or they can use an aware sense of trust....  And I am sure that perhaps I have even missed some other angles as well....    :heart:
.
Acting on beliefs....  HHhhhmmmm....  I am not sure how to answer that, but I will try.....    There are certain worldly conditioning/conditioned aspects that define for some a relative way of perception as to make a rough outline of choices in advanced for what one might do in a future "planned" event....  Say for instance (as an example only), my Father's birthday could be in three weeks, and knowing that this may be part of the reality I have built for myself, I believe that I will be going out to get a few gifts and a card before the event to present to him at the planned family get together so as to show my appreciation as a selfless customary tradition of family(plus I like hanging out with my family! :tongue:)....  And to hopefully add to his life in a way as to help remember my selflessness and respect towards him as a son....  From my Father's perspective, he may not want anything at all, (as far as a material item) and may just appreciate the fact that I might be able to share some time with him....  :heart:

Making these rough outlines in preparation for a planned future event may sometimes be needed, but that does not mean that the event WILL actually occur....  That is when awareness to one's surroundings may play a roll in the "here and now" choices and actions....    :heart:


:sun:


--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #3947083 -

don't a lot of homeless people live in the subconscious, 'egoless' world?


looks like egolessness doesn't pay.


burn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: ricyjo]
    #3947199 -

ricyjo said:
don't a lot of homeless people live in the subconscious, 'egoless' world?
.
looks like egolessness doesn't pay.
.
burn.



I dunno~, I have never spoken with a homeless person before, It is not something I come across on a daily basis in my little life....  Even if I did, my answer could only be concluded upon those that I had spoken too....  To which I still don't know if I could have an honest judgemental opinion to "report" anyway....    :heart:


:sun:


--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: ricyjo]
    #3947816 -

The effort to secure our happiness, to maintain ourselves in relation to something else, is the process of 'ego'. Im pretty sure homeless people suffer greatly from this affliction.


--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: egghead1]
    #3947908 -

dualistic homeostasis of happiness?


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3947916 -

Yes i suppose so. The only difference being the ways in which we search for happiness. Adolf Hitler tried to get happiness by killing off the people he hated and cultivating the society trates that he liked. A homeless person seeks happiness in the form of a nice hot meal and a warm, comfortable nights sleep. But in the light of impermenance and death, all of these pursuits are futile...... :heart:


--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: egghead1]
    #3947939 -

so
rather than a thing,
it is a process, or a collection of processes,
dualistically oriented to attaining and maintaining a sated condition.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3947945 -

Yes :thumbup: :grin: well said!


--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: egghead1]
    #3948031 -

so egolessness would be the "relative" lack of such a process?


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3948046 -

True egolessness cuts through even the subtlest notion of egolessness itself. So relatively 'yes', but ultimately 'no'.


--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: egghead1]
    #3948058 -

I take some umbrage with "true" and "ultimately" but it is your thread and you may weave in absolutes that I can merely wave at.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OK now i am going to discuss 'egolessness' as well [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3948065 -

Then i will say that you are correct in that a state of mind with absence of the processes refered to as 'ego' would be called egolessness.


--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Egoless Means More felix4life 1,337 7 06/20/06 06:51 AM
by MasFina
* Fear and Psyche
( 1 2 all )
castaway 1,802 20 06/11/03 08:16 PM
by castaway
* Did the Buddha teach egolessness? *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
rebus_minus 4,387 131 11/02/09 01:52 PM
by Chronic7
* No-Self, Egoless
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Sinbad 3,867 86 01/30/06 10:21 AM
by Icelander
* Right, has anyone of you achieved egolessness yet?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
FlickeryVision 2,383 74 11/04/09 03:09 AM
by RationalEgo
* The Futility of the Egoless Fa?ade Sclorch 909 18 12/15/04 08:39 PM
by whiterasta
* The internet as an egoless realm Amethyst 1,231 11 07/30/06 11:16 AM
by capliberty
* P&S Discussion Reduced to Bickering
( 1 2 3 4 all )
JackthaTripper 4,796 68 01/16/08 03:39 PM
by Love Cap

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,824 topic views. 1 members, 27 guests and 16 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.