Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Loc: Where the wild things are
Believing in Destiny
    #3909185 - 03/12/05 10:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

DO WE HAVE A DESTINY?
Do you think our lives are preplanned?

The Universe does not burden you with a destiny. It offers you potential. Whether you fulfill your potential is for you to decide. Fulfilling your potential is not an event. It is a process that unfolds decision by decision. Each decision that you make is a choice of several possible doorways. Each doorway is a choice, one of which is your optimal choice. When you walk through one of the doorways, the others close at the same moment. You are then presented with another set of doorways, or choices, one of which is then optimal.

The optimal choice is always the choice to grow spiritually?to become more aware of your emotions and to challenge parts of yourself that create your painful emotions rather than challenging other people. It is the choice to create harmony, cooperation, sharing, and reverence for Life. You cannot make a wrong decision. There is learning potential for you in each decision. Each of your decisions create consequences, and you will experience the consequences that you create. At any moment you can make the choice to change. Each decision is an opportunity to choose anew - to choose differently, and therefore, to create differently.

You are a creative being. You cannot stop creating. Your only choice at each moment is what you shall create. Do not run from your power and responsibility by thinking of the experiences that you have had and the experiences that you will create as your destiny. There is no such thing.
~Gary Zukav

What do you, oh so humble folk think?

--------------------
If you dont know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: Believing in Destiny [Re: WildRunner]
    #3909235 - 03/12/05 10:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Destiny, destiny.

The real question is how well do we know what we want to do, where we want to go in life? When we accept God's will as our own then there is only one 'destined' way to act. But many people try to have their own selfish intentions that focus hardly on perfection....these people will never succeed in running away from their destinies, they'll just have to live through it again and again. Until they realize there's no sense in deviating from perfection, from God's will.

No matter how hard we try to deny the Ineffable, It will always remain. We all will eventually *and inevitably* go back to it, once we manage to accept its existence in full...if this is destiny then so be it. I look forward to the occasion.

I believe in destiny in the sense that we're all headed in one direction and we can't swim against the current, we can't abort the process. We have to live it out in full and embrace the process.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: Believing in Destiny [Re: the_phoenix]
    #3909285 - 03/12/05 11:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If our minds are electrical impulses in brains, then everything is fixed because thos eimpulses follow certain natural laws.
In that case every thought is preprogramed and there is no choice
or to better put it, we do have choice, but our decisions are fixed and preplaned.

In a mind is not a material phenomenon, then it may be the actual source of the development of reality.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Believing in Destiny [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3909368 - 03/12/05 11:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"Believe in you Destiny, make it come true."
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (03/12/05 11:22 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Believing in Destiny [Re: WildRunner]
    #3909469 - 03/12/05 11:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Zukhov writes stuff in his non-physics books as if it were fact without laying any groundwork whatsoever.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Believing in Destiny [Re: Swami]
    #3909554 - 03/13/05 12:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have never read any of this guys stuff, but judging from that quote alone I agree. Predestination is bullshit. We have before us merely a choice of paths...it is our decision to tread them or not.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Believing in Destiny [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3909578 - 03/13/05 12:14 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes. Provided you see it as such.

Generally, I chalk it up to coincidence  :wink:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Believing in Destiny [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3909613 - 03/13/05 12:20 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I missed your point there. There is plenty of room for coincidence in my statement.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Believing in Destiny [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3909629 - 03/13/05 12:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Shit, sorry. I was answering the original poster.  :laugh:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology