Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Question for Parents...
    #3891194 - 03/09/05 02:31 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This other thread in here got me thinking about this...

I like to think that I will be taking shrooms til my death bed. I dont think taking shrooms is childish behaviour, but I talk to a lot of people who do. Are there ever any times where you think to yourself "ive got to stop doing this. Ive got a family now and play time is over."? Do you have friends with a family and your age that you trip with? do your kids know you trip? what would you do if you caught your kids tripping? Would you want your kids to join this forum and see what you are posting?

Im not trying to lay a guilt trip at all, but I am just wondering how you keep these completely different lifestyles going at the same time?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Question for Parents... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3891498 - 03/09/05 05:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I dont think taking shrooms is childish behaviour

Taking any psychoactive substance should be regarded as an act of responsibility. I don't believe that's a childish behavior, on the contrary, being capable to tolerate and also be tolerated, it's a sign of mutual respect and there's nothing childish about that.

There are cultural and social patterns which disregard the fact about people seeking an alternative consciousness. Society sees you as a productive unit and expects you to act as one, therefore tripping or consuming mind altering drugs is seen as an action for passive population, read, young people. Unless, of course, you consume their "stressing" drugs: alcohol, tobacco and caffeine.

As i see it, society makes you a question, "how long should i wait for your complete submission ?" Personally i don't submit, but that's a decision only you can make.

Quote:

Are there ever any times where you think to yourself "ive got to stop doing this. Ive got a family now and play time is over."?

I've got a family for almost 8 years, and let me tell you that as long as you love your kids, teach them some basic rules and discipline, but above all teach them what responsibility is, you'll be giving them a precious treasure: freedom of though.

Quote:

Do you have friends with a family and your age that you trip with?

Yes, even older friends with family.

Quote:

do your kids know you trip?

Not yet, but they probably will. First, teach true knowledge, what's good and what's bad about drugs, with sincerity and little by little. I don't want to raise a junkie - most of them exist because the lack of knowledge - , i want to raise someone that know more than i did at tender age and when i first found drugs around me. Like it or not, it will happen somewhere in time, i just think they should be prepared and act with responsibility.

Quote:

what would you do if you caught your kids tripping?

As long as they are responsible adults i think it's none of my business. But during childhood, adolescence and youth it's imperative you don't let your kids consume drugs. They will surely find them available and will probably try them anyway, as curiosity and experience are tightly connected. But your role as a parent is important if it happens, it should be of a teacher, a friend and a parent.

Quote:

Would you want your kids to join this forum and see what you are posting?

Yes. It is the written word of what i deeply and secretly believe, probably they won't find it anywhere else. But here, as in real life, i will not keep any secret from them.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Question for Parents... [Re: MAIA]
    #3892080 - 03/09/05 09:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

nice answer.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Question for Parents... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3892354 - 03/09/05 11:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

just wondering how you keep these completely different lifestyles going at the same time?

I don't see a huge difference... or I guess the difference is in the eyes of the beholder.

having a good trip on mushrooms or anything else can make you come back with fresh eyes, and sort of a clean slate, which can help you in all areas of your life, including parenting. like any other interaction, one's interaction with one's kids can become clouded and murky, due to fatigue or malaise or ennuie (I think all 3 of those words were French words first).

I advocate parents eating mushrooms if it's gonna behelpful for them. same with non-parents.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Question for Parents... [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3892476 - 03/09/05 11:33 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have had wine with my kids and beer.

I know they have had marijuana and I have been supportive of their experiences and discoveries.
one kid hated a small amount of mushroom when she shared a dose with a friend. the other had used lsd in high school. and I once talked her down form a difficult mushroom experience - she vowed to never do it again, and I told her not to be harsh with herself.

neither of them are into these things though one @ 21 yrs old now does accept all the weed that is passed to me (as favours from friends who don't realise I only use salvia (or lsd if it ever came)) and she claims to enjoy it with her friends.

we just don't do drugs together.
I used to secretly do 1/4 tabs of lsd privately and go on school trips with them. and I once smoked some salvia, in the living room with all present, which my older daughter's boyfriend purchased on the net. (6 people in the room, 3 did not notice at all - very smooth)

I have some friends, however, who always smoked MJ with kids and shared everything. It was exhausting to go to their house.

One of their children is an abstainer now, and the other has departed - having launched himself from a 9th floor balcony one miserable day.

There is no telling what will happen to children, to people, but what ever you do with them do it with integrity honesty and love.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Question for Parents... [Re: MAIA]
    #3892545 - 03/09/05 11:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MAIA said:

Quote:

do your kids know you trip?

Not yet, but they probably will. First, teach true knowledge, what's good and what's bad about drugs, with sincerity and little by little. I don't want to raise a junkie - most of them exist because the lack of knowledge - , i want to raise someone that know more than i did at tender age and when i first found drugs around me. Like it or not, it will happen somewhere in time, i just think they should be prepared and act with responsibility.

:handth:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag