Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: Mushrooms, LSD, Your Parents, and YOU [Re: Sclorch]
    #1026902 - 11/06/02 02:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

nice story...
:wink:
whenever i come on here i always seem to get into an argument with someone over the meaning of a word... both parties are adamant they are right, and they are in their minds, because the meaning with what they are trying to come across with can only be described with this one word.... for all the possible ideas that can be invoked with its use
there needs to be a better communicative medium for sure

ahem.. down to business

to my knowledge nietzsche was not a proponent of equal rights...
he said somewhere that it was the 'poisonous doctrine', bred out of christianity...

ok from the cambridge online dictionary i have
elitism
noun
Elitism is organizing things for the benefit of a few people with special interests or abilities.

the few people being, the  rare flowers capable of truly understanding his work
& i think its in ecce homo, that he scribed a summary entitled 'Why I am so Clever.'

Edited by deepr (11/06/02 02:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Mushrooms, LSD, Your Parents, and YOU [Re: deepr]
    #1026937 - 11/06/02 03:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

When I read Ecce Homo, I laughed out loud several times... once when I read the title "Why I am so Clever". If you don't read sarcasm in that, I don't know what to tell you.

The "poisonous doctrine" thing... yep, I am familiar with it (not sure which book though, maybe Zarathustra?). I still think he was just ranting there... he really disliked Christianity. But there's something else to it...

There was this "slower" black woman that I ran into at my university last spring. She mentioned the difference between "being better" and "being greater"... it was an astute observation that I hadn't really noticed before then.

She said something like (read with a thick "suhthun" accent) "You can be greater than me at anything, but you're no better than me. It took me awhile to understand that, but it's the truth..."

She stumbled upon yet another limit to language.
It has to do with planes of equality. It's quite subtle.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

#1026985 - 11/06/02 03:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

whatever... thats like how ugly people saying that looks aren't important
:tongue:

poisonous doctrine = the antichrist
to be honest i havent read 'why i am so clever' yet, im just going on the accounts of others... the riff-raff
are you trying to lay bait with your "slower, black woman?"
thats hilarious
pity im not slow myself, you could have had a field day....
but if you did believe yourself to be better or even greater than your humble simpleton friend, you would still be an elitist...
i must retire however, last exam for my degree tommorrow, philosophy dont ya know..  :grin: 

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Mushrooms, LSD, Your Parents, and YOU [Re: deepr]
    #1027030 - 11/06/02 03:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

whatever... thats like how ugly people saying that looks aren't important

No... it's not. I'll have to figure out a way to explain it better.
Besides, "importance" is all a matter of what you desire.

are you trying to lay bait with your "slower, black woman?"
thats hilarious

No... I wasn't. I was only telling the truth. I though the fact that she WAS slower, yet I still respected and agreed with her ideas would give you some insight into my character.

but if you did believe yourself to be better or even greater than your humble simpleton friend, you would still be an elitist...

I'm not better than her. However (using her definitions), I am greater than her at a few things (she said math was a weak point for her... I'm pretty adept).

Good luck on the exam. I'll think of a better... er... greater analogy.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

#1027979 - 11/06/02 12:15 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

thats good, its nice to see a man of your stature hasn't lost his human touch, and can still communicate with those less fortunate :wink:

you dont need to think of a more comprehensive analogy... ive had it with your gay killing christians, goofy dogs and slow black women, lets cut to the chase...

what you want to come across is clear...that every human is special, just as amazing and important as everyone else, we all share the same capacity although I believe (and i believe that nietzsche does as well, but im sure you  can   'and will' read differently) that some use this capacity to a more productive level than other human beings...

this extent doesnt differ greatly between individuals as we are all the same blank slate so to speak, we all have the human handicap and we cant transcend our limited physical form, we are bound...
  so there is the argument that we're all one and the same, and some just try to be more 'enlightened,' I think that some are   just more successful at trying to understand their environment,  i feel this is a worthy difference, but others might not.. whats the point they might say... gimme the green and the bitches
[example teased out to make a point ;] 

Edited by deepr (11/06/02 04:50 PM)

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Mushrooms, LSD, Your Parents, and YOU [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1051909 - 11/14/02 08:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It may seem like the experiences are passing down to the children, but I believe its the personality traits you get from your parents that's really passing down. Your father is obviously more spiritualy open-minded than most, which explains the tendencies you feel. Personally, I wish my father could even admit to me about his drug use. I didn't neccessarily come from a strict family (I'm Filipino), but just the way the filipino culture is, we really don't express ourselves emotionally-at least in my household, and I don't think I have the balls to ask my father about anything concerning drugs and druguse. Someday, Maybe, when I'm a lot older.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: Mushrooms, LSD, Your Parents, and YOU [Re: soochi]
    #1052130 - 11/14/02 10:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Good point.. I pretty much agree with you.

I say pretty much because in my expereince, American culture is not as emotionally expressive as you may think...at least not when it comes to love and showing compassion. And by "emotionally expressive" I mean - willing to act on those emotions, not just say them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale