Yeah, it was a busy night of writing and thinking in a culmination of my 2 threads.... I seek answers....
Spirituality & Beliefs, Driven by FEAR and/or Guilt....?
I personally have no spiritual beliefs or logical understanding of "spirituality", and that is what I am seeking to understand.... Perhaps I seek this ultimate understanding out of fear...? Perhaps even the fear of death itself.... But Honestly, I do not fear my own physical death - as it IS inevitable.... BUT, I do wonder what lies beyond the physical world, and if there is existence past the life as we know it....
So, I understand the overview of the Bible, and I understand the overview of the Theory of Evolution, but to me they both seem to be riddled with holes and counterdiction.... I have no understanding for the meaning of "Blind Faith".... Is this an emotion, capability, or capacity that one is born with....? Was I born without this ability....? Or is it something you develop and learn...? For me, I see it as more of a decision and choice.... But what is it that makes YOU decide what your spiritual belief actually is....? And is FEAR the driving factor of what you ultimately decide to have a belief in...?
*************************************
If you truly believe in Evolution and nothing else, it would **seem to imply** that you believe that there is no afterlife, or any promise of "living" past the point of death in a spiritual sense....
If you choose to believe in BOTH Evolution and the Bible, (*I THINK* that) you would be seen as not having true faith in God because the Bible explains how the Earth and the Heavens were created.... Thus discounting Evolution all together....?
If you choose to believe in the Bible and live according to it's rules and regulations, then you are "safe", and you will live on past your physical death in an ultimate "Eternal Paradise".... Sounds like a no-brainer....? Eeehhh....? Who in their "right mind" would not choose this "option"....???
*************************************
It brings a saying to mind.... "If it sounds too good to be true, it must not be true..." Evil is supposed to be based on deception.... WHAT IF the Bible and it's teachings are a form of "reverse psychology" to make you want to believe and act in a way to reach this "Eternal Paradise".... What if you are being deceived, perhaps by EVIL itself....?
We are taught to know "Possession" (like in the Exorcist) to be a very negative and EVIL thing - if it is something that really does exist.... But, isn't the Bible written by God thru man...? God possesses man....?
Or on another line of thought.... In the days of when the Bible was created, political "order" and "control" was built upon religion and the rules therein.... Is it man's own arrogance and "deception" within the original religious Government/Politics to create such a thing to make people want to live by morals and beliefs....? It would be in the best interest of an official political and/or religious "Power" to create FEAR and GUILT within the people without the "power" - just to serve as the creation of "order" under the "power" itself....
The 10 Commandments.... My thoughts on that are here....: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3739593#Post3739593
So what is it that caused the "Belief" and the "Blind Faith" to believe in an "Ultimate Creator", or a "God"....? And is this choice driven by FEAR, and a Hope/Desire to continue on in a life past one's own physical death...?
Thus, I sit on a post as the boiling water rises around me, and I observe the thoughts, and try to logically integrate them into my consciousness - again, based on my simple LOGIC and understanding.... Still waiting for that shred of "knowledge' that will sway my vote, or make me "have to believe" in something OTHER than myself.... Wanting to be "enlightened", but cannot due/say so till I have no doubts.... I will NOT make a decision based upon the fact that someone else believes, or because "most people do" believe.... That does not "prove" anything in my eyes....
I DO believe in love.... It is a feeling, but I also believe it is one's CHOICE to have that feeling.... Which brings a counterdiction in itself.... If God IS Love, and I believe in Love, how can I not believe or have "blind faith" in God....?
Perhaps my exposure to spiritualistic ideas are "2D" and ignorant in relation to EVERYTHING out there...?
Which brings me to my last question.... Am I, being a mortal man, Am I a GOD...? I don't think so.... I feel love, but I am not LOVE itself.... So therefore, I cannot be a God.... Right...?
AAAARRRRRRrrrgggggg.....

(My only EDIT was to change the name of the thread, and the icon....)
-------------------- I'll be your midnight French Fry....
"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."
>^;;^<
Edited by PhanTomCat (02/06/05 08:35 PM)
|