Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Spirituality & Beliefs, Driven by Light and Love....?
    #3739710 - 02/06/05 07:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, it was a busy night of writing and thinking in a culmination of my 2 threads....    I seek answers....

Spirituality & Beliefs, Driven by FEAR and/or Guilt....?

I personally have no spiritual beliefs or logical understanding of "spirituality", and that is what I am seeking to understand....  Perhaps I seek this ultimate understanding out of fear...?    Perhaps even the fear of death itself....  But Honestly, I do not fear my own physical death - as it IS inevitable....  BUT, I do wonder what lies beyond the physical world, and if there is existence past the life as we know it....

So, I understand the overview of the Bible, and I understand the overview of the Theory of Evolution, but to me they both seem to be riddled with holes and counterdiction....  I have no understanding for the meaning of "Blind Faith"....  Is this an emotion, capability, or capacity that one is born with....?  Was I born without this ability....?  Or is it something you develop and learn...?  For me, I see it as more of a decision and choice....  But what is it that makes YOU decide what your spiritual belief actually is....?    And is FEAR the driving factor of what you ultimately decide to have a belief in...? 

If you truly believe in Evolution and nothing else, it would **seem to imply** that you believe that there is no afterlife, or any promise of "living" past the point of death in a spiritual sense.... 

If you choose to believe in BOTH Evolution and the Bible, (*I THINK* that) you would be seen as not having true faith in God because the Bible explains how the Earth and the Heavens were created....  Thus discounting Evolution all together....?

If you choose to believe in the Bible and live according to it's rules and regulations, then you are "safe", and you will live on past your physical death in an ultimate "Eternal Paradise"....  Sounds like a no-brainer....?  Eeehhh....?  Who in their "right mind" would not choose this "option"....???   

It brings a saying to mind....  "If it sounds too good to be true, it must not be true..."  Evil is supposed to be based on deception....  WHAT IF the Bible and it's teachings are a form of "reverse psychology" to make you want to believe and act in a way to reach this "Eternal Paradise"....  What if you are being deceived, perhaps by EVIL itself....? 

We are taught to know "Possession" (like in the Exorcist) to be a very negative and EVIL thing - if it is something that really does exist....  But, isn't the Bible written by God thru man...?  God possesses man....?

Or on another line of thought....
In the days of when the Bible was created, political "order" and "control" was built upon religion and the rules therein....  Is it man's own arrogance and "deception" within the original religious Government/Politics to create such a thing to make people want to live by morals and beliefs....?  It would be in the best interest of an official political and/or religious "Power" to create FEAR and GUILT within the people without the "power" - just to serve as the creation of "order" under the "power" itself.... 

The 10 Commandments....  My thoughts on that are here....:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3739593#Post3739593

So what is it that caused the "Belief" and the "Blind Faith" to believe in an "Ultimate Creator", or a "God"....?  And is this choice driven by FEAR, and a Hope/Desire to continue on in a life past one's own physical death...? 

Thus, I sit on a post as the boiling water rises around me, and I observe the thoughts, and try to logically integrate them into my consciousness - again, based on my simple LOGIC and understanding....  Still waiting for that shred of "knowledge' that will sway my vote, or make me "have to believe" in something OTHER than myself....  Wanting to be "enlightened", but cannot due/say so till I have no doubts....  I will NOT make a decision based upon the fact that someone else believes, or because "most people do" believe....  That does not "prove" anything in my eyes....

I DO believe in love.... 
It is a feeling, but I also believe it is one's CHOICE to have that feeling....  Which brings a counterdiction in itself....  If God IS Love, and I believe in Love, how can I not believe or have "blind faith" in God....?

Perhaps my exposure to spiritualistic ideas are "2D" and ignorant in relation to EVERYTHING out there...?

Which brings me to my last question....  Am I, being a mortal man, Am I a GOD...?  I don't think so....  I feel love, but I am not LOVE itself....  So therefore, I cannot be a God....  Right...?

AAAARRRRRRrrrgggggg.....
:frown:

(My only EDIT was to change the name of the thread, and the icon....)

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Edited by PhanTomCat (02/06/05 08:35 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Spirituality & Beliefs, Driven by insight and personal experience only [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3740830 - 02/06/05 03:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

fear and guilt have no place for me.

the closest thing is shame
and that only if i do not behave up to my own standards.

the rest is related to direct experience, and reflection upon the varous codexes left by modern and ancient civilizations.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Spirituality & Beliefs, Driven by insight and personal experience only [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3740934 - 02/06/05 04:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ditto.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Spirituality & Beliefs, Driven by insight and personal experience only [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3740970 - 02/06/05 04:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

They should be driven solely by the need to exist in and manipulate your personal reality, and help define it.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Spirituality & Beliefs, Driven by insight and personal experience only [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3741382 - 02/06/05 06:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It's sad that so many people are coaxed into belief by fear and guilt. True beliefs come from an intense search into yourself. It's all about what YOU believe, not about a certain dogma that will save your soul from eternal hell in... JUST 3 EASY STEPS!! haha... sorry, religions anymore always remind me of infomercials.

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Negativity.... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3741944 - 02/06/05 08:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

#1) The possible cause of Negativity in man....
:mad2:  :mad2:  :mad2:  :mad2:  :mad2:  :mad2:

This is the first of three posts that I have been typing off line....  This first one is a cross post with some ideas I had earlier within MAGnum's thread....    I think it may have some relevence to my second of three posts....    If you do not want to be frustrated or offended with my thoughts, I truly DO seek Spritual Enlightenment....   

:alert: :alert: :alert:************************************ :alert: :alert: :alert:
******************WARNING******************
*****************ATTENTION*****************
:alert: :alert: :alert:************************************ :alert: :alert: :alert:
What I am about to say is not a "BELIEF"....  It is not endorced by my person's - in physical form, nor in conscious ideology, nor is it to serve in any way as any form of relevence to life and spiritual beliefs....    It is just a conscious recognition and rendition of a "train of thought" I had....  I am just trying to put pieces of the puzzle together and re-arranging them how I see fit....

So....  Here goes....   

With the "empty bucket/space" thing, Again, I was debating....    Actually, there is a lot of empty "space" within matter itself....  The particles making up an atom are pretty small in comparison to their own self-gravitational "orbits" of electrons....  So, yes, matter itself is completely filled with "forces", as well as "empty space"....  It is perplexing to even think about.... 

WARNING, PROFOUND THOUGHT **MAY** BE CONTAINED WITHIN:
"Micro" **seems** to be the same as "macro" in the grand scheme of things, or the "big picture"....  The forces within matter **seem** to be proportionally equal....  The only thing that *seems* to be effected is Speed....  The larger you go, the slower....  As well as, the smaller you go, the faster the relative speed....  The overall forces seem to be the same in proportion, relative to size....  The Sun would be the "God" to the planets that obit it, as would the protons and neutrons that make up the center of an atom would be the "God" to it's electrons....  It is QUITE ironic that electrons are the "NEGATIVE" energy within an atom....  As well as electricity itself.... 

So do the forces of:  Gravity, Light, Heat = the positive "LOVE" forces, and Electricity = the "EVIL" negative forces....?    I know that your answer will prolly~ be that everything is "God", or that God created everything, and all is Love....  But since we all have the choice to be "Loving" or "Evil/Negative", and Electrical forces are constantly running thru mankind, it would "kinda~" make sense - (in a "logical" sense)....  I guess that I am just asking the question because it seems a little profound, and it just popped into my head....  :tongue2:    :heart:
END PROFOUND THOUGHT....

And I also agree that creation is never ending....  Stars and planets are being formed as we speak, as others are dying to create more creation - UNLESS we are all a part of a large scale "Truman Show", in which case the joke is on US....  :lol:    When thinking positively tho~, EVERYTHING can be considered to be creation or the act of creating....  Weather I am creating art or music, or my dead body creates the nutrients to feed a plant - it is all creation....    It is all a matter of perspective, but I do like the positive aspect and do try to see it always....  That is why I try NOT to debate too much....  When I am debating, I am not necessarily focusing on being positive, I am more focused on being "right"....    But, Is that wrong...?

:heart:  :sun:  :heart:  :sun:  :heart:  :sun:  :heart:

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust....

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

The Ghost in the Machine [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3741952 - 02/06/05 08:28 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

#2) The Ghost in the Machine....
:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:

Is there fine print that I am missing, or is this the irony that is God and Religion....??  Created by man....    CopyWritten in Japan....  GOD?    :frown:    Are us humans indeed the Artificial Intelligence made of:  Bio-Mechanical-Chemical-Electrical-Robotically-(Semi-)Self-Sustaining-Analyzing-Storage-Media-&-Collection-Equipment----GOO, for the purposes of study on an uneven playing field with the added "GIFT" of cognitive and conscious intelligence, STRONG emotions, primal urges, the ability to procreate on a "manageable level", arrogance, and last but not least, CREATIVITY to think outside "THE BOX"....?    Or perhaps "Out of the Book"....

I swear that I feel as if a lightning-bolt is going to strike me down from my chair, reaching out from my monitor and striking me down for saying this shyt, or ever even having thought anything at all....    If "Negative" energy is truly "EVIL", then I am safe....  Evil would not harm me for spreading a "Negative" trian of thought....  Right....?  :frown:  And now I have said it to the world, exposing my veins to the world, and now you will all think I am a cold heartless SOB, but I am not....  :crying:    Why is my mind pointing me in these directions....?    What if my saying this puts doubt in others, and actually causes some kind of negative effect....? 

I truly seek truth and spiritual "enlightenment", and the more I "look within" and just shear out THINK, the more disturbing the possibilities seems to get....  :frown:  Even if I am an A-I specimen created for "scanning data" thru memories....?    Perhaps after the years go by, we will have "perfected" human medicine and medical practices and life extension to be the ultimate in the:  6-Sense Human-X-Ultimate Series NEO-Robot....
Our spirits, the ghost in the machine....    My "randomly spliced" genetic "DNA-Code" to serve as my only true Identity, or....  Tag....   

These are not my "beliefs"....  Remember, they are just thoughts....   

They are just thoughts....    They are just thoughts....

::::Smacking the back of my head::::    :shake:  :shake:  :shake:

I want to put the thoughts back were they came from and forget them forever, but now I can't....  :frown:

But then again, I do understand that if there is not a God, I can still be happy in life and with life....  Love can still be, I have, and surely do FEEL that, and I CAN GIVE LOVE - and it is VERY EMPOWERING and BEAUTIFUL.....  I still FEEL the sunlight on my face :sun: :eyesmouth: ....  I still HEAR the whisper of lustful passion in my ear with SONG BIRDS***1 -singing in the background....  I still REALIZE that there is choice for COMPASSION....    I still realize that I have the ability to CREATE, and what I create is to share with others....  And I remember, Dammit, I remember that I always have a choice....  Kinda~.... 

The choice as deemed suitable by the like-people that lead me....???    :wtf: ...???

(**AHHHHhheeeeemmmmm**)  So where do I go now....?    :crazy: 
My spirit is alive....  Just confused....  :confused:

***1), Maybe "Song Birds" are what made man evolve in a musical sense...???  Was it by MIMICKING birds that we developed Music...?  Creativity by Impression....?    Damn, how does this idea fit in with my "Music = Math + Emotion" thread....?    Too much thinking....  Must stop....    :eek:  :crazy2:

Music = Math + Emotion ( = The Development of Man...?) Thread...:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3711281#Post3711281

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

It's pure Light's Love.... [Re: Woland]
    #3741967 - 02/06/05 08:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

#3) The Love Within, it IS strong and Positive....  That has never changed throughout....
The Mathematical Formula for Evil is BROKEN....    By choice....
:heart:  :sun:  :heart:  :sun:  :heart:  :sun:  :heart: 
Breaking the "666" "Formula" with this "667" "Formula"....  4 Hearts divided by 3 Suns....

OK, this is my third and final post....  I am off for the night after I post this....  I don't mean to leave you in the dust with my crummy thoughts, and I apologize....  I am tired and need to work tomorrow....    I will leave the web with some creativity and LOVE...  My style - the way I do it....  :tongue:

I hope to see, the sunshine shinin',
Out east, across the horizon....
Warm light upon my face,
It's ever Loving warm Embrace....
Shinin' down from up above,
A dimmer Moon and a Timeless Dove....
Each eye witness three lights shinin,
I feel the glow X2, It's pure Light's Love.... 

:heart:  Warms my heart without even tryin'.....  :heart:

If Light = Love, then I think I can deal with that....?  I know a good source for that....  :laugh:

Is this yet another piece of "the puzzle"....?  I made the poem up tonight, just now like the rest of all my posts today/tonight....  But I made the following picture a week or so ago....  I tried to make meaning out of it when I made it....  And you will see, I used some of it for my Signature....  Maybe it does have meaning....?    It was my creative efforts before today's/tonight's thoughts....  I dunno~....    I need to integrate it all, and reflect on these thoughts and stuff myself....

The link for discussion of the picture:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3681199#Post3681199

That is everything that makes sense to me....  Right now, at this moment....  :eek:

::::Thinking happy thoughts::::    ::::Thinking happy thoughts::::    ::::Thinking happy thoughts::::   

:grin:  :shiftyeyes:  :tongue2:

From the edges of my everthing.....

ME.....

>^;;^<

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: It's pure Light's Love.... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3742504 - 02/06/05 10:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You are thinking waaaaay too much.

Take it easy.  :wink:

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: It's pure Light's Love.... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3742671 - 02/06/05 11:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You renamed the thread. Then I say it has just as little to do with light and love. I reiterate:
They should be driven solely by the need to exist in and manipulate your personal reality, and help define it.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: It's pure Light's Love.... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3744769 - 02/07/05 12:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

if you think about it most popular beliefs (i.e. organized religions)
are driven by fear, without a fear of consequence, there would be o will to do the right thing, i didnt even read your whole post but i think i got the drift and i also just discovered why i have never really gotten along with organized religions, becuase i choose to fuel myself on hope and love, instead of fear, i cant stand living in fear, if you do this youll go to hell and yadda yadda yadda, so insteadi come up with my own shit based on hope, i just live the way i think i should and do what i feel is right and good, sort of karmic if you will, reciprocity!

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology