Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Whats so FUNNY about peace, love and understanding? seriousnesss and negativity.
    #3658840 - 01/21/05 04:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Shroomism asked me that question cuz i guess he thought laughter in another post was related to those things, when it was related to experiencing the joy of being in appreciation for love and life and in being in the merriment of dance with it.

he misinterpreted something and asked that question from his misinterpretation. It couldn't be answered relative to that post.

However, it inspired to discuss how seriousness is related to negative states of being. Love, peace and understanding can have a negative or positive side. In one you find fear of loss, anger or tears and in the other you find joy in abundance and laughter.

Okay, lets look at situations we take seriously or through cultural norms, think we are suppose to be serious about them.

In all I can think of, they are related to the loss of something, the potential loos of something or being faced with the threat of loosing something. These experiences are when we find ourselves being serious, if we are attached to what we may loose or have believed we lost.

negatives are about taking away from positives. Loss is a take away making it a negative. Seriousness in this sense is always a negative state to experience as it is dealing with loss and things being taken away.

Seriousness also comes about when we are feeling self important. To be in a state of self importance means we are taking away from the importance of others, to make ourselves more important then them. If you are in a state of feeling more important, you are because you took equated importance away from others, a negative and you take not loosing your own greater importance seriously. We all know that is over ego separation crap.

We see the times when we and others take ourselves so seriously here and in life, out of fear we will loose our importance to others. It's funny stuff, even when I catch myself going there.

maybe the seriousness of importance does not come from the self, but something that is important to the self, like your work, or art, or skills. We associate our own importance with those things so its the same difference-ego attachment to loosing our sense of self importance if we loose what is important to us, making us important by association.

Forgive me, shroomism or anyone for not be very serious around here, as I do not see how it serves me to be. We are all equally important by the inherent virtue of our divinity and loss is a separation illusion, not real so why bother with clinging on to smoke and dust when the inherent energy within it is within me, it is the eternal indestructible indivisible, inseparable ME. Ultimately, there is no reason or need to cling to a thing requiring seriousness related to loss, or fear of loss negativity.

Putting this understanding into play is a work in progress for me. Feel free to laugh at me or with me when I loose sight of it.

Peace to me is a brook flowing, children playing in harmony, crickets chirping in the night, a flutes melody in the wind. Experiencing peace to me is being at one with the harmony of life and it feels joyful and laughter comes easy when in joy.

perhaps you were thinking of the reverent peace and quiet when a coffin of a loved one is being lowered into a ground. Due to cultural norms and out of respect for others sense of loss, this may not be the time to laugh.

But there is  joy in those who know there loved ones live on free from the weights and constraints here and in their hearts. They can smile knowing the essense of that soul was never the body itself, nor can ever truly be a part from it as we are eternally a part of the one.

Love to me is when you connect with others and say, do you feel this? I do too. Did you see that? Do you know this? i do too. Its sharing and relating and feeling more of the self and life with and through another, quite an expansive feeling and you are made to feel larger through the connection and sharing, its a form of expanding the feeling sense of the self. This is a positive, because it adds too, not a negative take away.

Love can also be experienced when feeling thankful and appreciative for life itself and these connections. It's an extent ion of being allowed to share or having something being shared with you. It heightens love even further.

Joy and laughter comes easily from the above.

Love can be serious only when we fear the loss of it and that is a negative state and fallacy for we have complete control of allowing love int our lives through self allowance via self worth and deservance of feeling our innate essense and connection with the one. we are never truly alone, don't think the spirits don't hear your thoughts or are not with you. And know, that someone today some where is thinking about you, always.

Understanding to me is when we get to the truth behind the "truth".
You can misunderstand where you are in a take away version of experiencing the whole truth and be in the negative of an experience.
if you seek to understand something to the full, you will see the good in the heart of everything and can say, ahhhh yes, I understand why this is now, and feel relief and joy.

Misunderstandings, usually are the result of not seeing the whole picture, being in "less then" awareness. Understanding, full understanding is seeing the whole picture and knowing everything is okay and has a reason for good somewhere in it.

So, yes, these virtues of love, peace and understanding have two sides, a positive and a negative. Seriousness is only experienced when in the negative of them. So, to be serious is to be in a form of loss or fearing loss of something.

So now I will leave you shroomism or anyone else to answer what is so funny or serious about peace, love and understanding.

Again, this is good time for me to reiterate why I am rarely in serious or negative nature here. If I fall prey to it, it doesn't last for long and I am soon laughing at myself for it.

Feel free to share other considerations of this topic if you have any anyone, it's time this world lightened up a bit and laughed in joy more and allowed itself to experience the abundance of the all that is! :wink: :heart: :sun: :thumbup: I see it to be foolish to cheat yourself from life, through negative take aways unless you have a positive fill in to follow that is bigger and better.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Whats so FUNNY about peace, love and understanding? seriousnesss and negativity. [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3658899 - 01/21/05 04:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Heh... jiggy.. I think you misunderstood... I wasn't directing that question at you... it was a general question to the world.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Whats so FUNNY about peace, love and understanding? seriousnesss and negativity. [Re: Shroomism]
    #3658911 - 01/21/05 05:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hey whatever, lol, It inspired this post and you got an answer from me! :wink:

Maybe more will share there answers if you meant to ask the group. I'd like to read them!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Whats so FUNNY about peace, love and understanding? seriousnesss and negativity. [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3659055 - 01/21/05 05:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

and of course, when in these states, you realise the negatives were just illusions, the laughter of the cosmic joke comes into experience.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #3659134 - 01/21/05 05:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you dont know peace, till youve had suffering.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Whats so FUNNY about peace, love and understanding? seriousnesss and negativity. [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3659228 - 01/21/05 05:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

incubaby_421 said:
you dont know peace, till youve had suffering.

I agree fully, and perhaps, that is another source of the laughter in peace, the relief being expressed from coming out of the suffering.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #3663311 - 01/22/05 05:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

its a mushroomehead song, i cant take credit for it, but it is a nice qoute, rings very true to me, thats what i see bad times as, only a comparison for the good ones that will come.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology