Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: I love my ego. [Re: highwayman]
    #1172694 - 12/26/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting questions highwayman.

It is entirely possible that a person could be motivated for selfish reasons. But that is not the case with me. My consideration for others is born out of the incredible pain of my own life. A life filled with such tradegy that it would shock and horrify most that heard it. I have consideration for others because I do not want to add one scintilla of needless pain or discomfort to them.

That is all I will say about this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJanUa
Stranger

Loc: Sunville ...
Re: I love my ego. [Re: Remy]
    #1172802 - 12/26/02 10:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

to go further on your post Remy - Balance ... when one reaches Zen ... the balance isn't achieved by two oposit poles being alike, but it means there are no difrences ... no yes or no, no true or false ... no me and you ... everything just is ... at that stage of conciounsness ... comes  purity ... pure happiness ...

with beauty comes ugliness ... beauty is nice, but the frustrating of the opposite being on the other side is always in fight with the self ... when one no longer divides things that are, he will reache Zen ...

all comes from 1 source, don't divide the source ... cause it would by in fight with itself. We come from the same source ... don't divide the us in you and me, it is a fight with yourself and the source of your creation.

(i care to believe ... in my ego :wink: )

btw: sorry for my native english, i hope things are clear enough ...

--------------------
... in SiLenCe we are ... 3? ...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: I love my ego. [Re: JanUa]
    #1172803 - 12/26/02 10:24 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

very clear - well-said Janua :smile:

3eyedgod, great post as well :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: I love my ego. [Re: Phluck]
    #1172846 - 12/27/02 12:07 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

you can view your ego as the house you live in, made up of your speech.

you can make your place of residence as comfortable as you wish, or as uncomfortable.
don't fall in love with it too much, for the day will come when it will be destroyed and you will have to build a new house.

Offlinehighwayman
long hair, butno hippie

Re: I love my ego. [Re: ]
    #1173010 - 12/27/02 03:56 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Then perhaps you do it to avoid the discomfort you feel in causing other people pain.

No need to answer though, far be it from me to pry into what you feel is personal. So let me use a more general example, and first state where I'm coming from here. I don't believe that while the ego is in place at all any truly selfless act is possible. Take for instance a man who rushes into a burning building to save a child. I don't think he does this because he is not thinking of himself. I think he does this because a) he will feel pride in being considered a hero by those around him, or b) because he could not live with the guilt inside himself if he didn't try, or c) it causes him great emotional pain just to sit and watch a child burn to death. Possibly a mix of the above, possibly others, but NOT simply because he wasn't thinking of himself. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say that good acts are impossible, or that all people are evil. Just that all actions are born from a sense of self.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom