Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!"
    #3729655 -

Full article

Note: this is not a joke nor a spoof, but a cowboy-like statement from a hawk.

SAN DIEGO -- At a panel discussion in San Diego Tuesday, a top Marine general tells an audience that, among other things, it is "fun to shoot some people."

The comment, made by Lt. Gen. James Mattis, came in reference to fighting insurgents in Iraq. He went on to say, "Actually, its a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. I like brawling."

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for 5 years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis continued. "You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: Swami]
    #3729672 -

well not to seem anti-yank or anything, but i mean its no surprise this was said if was from americans. not that all americans are bad, i say perhaps 20% are ok, but some of those probably migrated somewhere else anyway so that no longer makes them a yank.

guess i contradicted myself there, nevermind, atleast its friday!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: JacquesSauniere]
    #3729703 -

a gen. made this comment? idiot, he should know better.

but.... we train soldiers to kill people.

and for example if you enjoy killing Nazis i have no problem with that.


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: JacquesSauniere]
    #3729712 -

There's an example of someone who took this sacred duty of responsibility to guard our nation and pissed on it to show his disrespect and utter lack of wisdom. "It's just like real-life counterstrike!" Those people make me sick.

I have a friend who once met the federal marshal that shot Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge. "Agent Horiuchi fired again; his bullet passed through a window in the door, hit Vicki Weaver in the head, killing her instantly, and then hit Mr. Harris in the chest." He shot her while she was holding her infant son. And then went on to brag about it to my friend, calling her a "stupid cunt." This just goes to show you the attitude of some of these men behind the trigger.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3729717 -

that story still upsets me.


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: Swami]
    #3729721 -

it was an extremely stupid thing to say and being a general he's at the rank where he doesn't actually have to go out and actually shoot people.


--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3729732 -

He is trying to make killing sound more appealing. I am not suprised by this statement at all. No it was not stupid of him, it sounds more like bait for new recruits. Just look at how the army is trying to recruit people now. Violent video games (which I play all the time) they created to simulate combat. Trolling for kids raised in the ghetto, a violent atmosphere from age 1. Sick fucks, those recruiter types.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3729756 -


it was an extremely stupid thing to say and being a general he's at the rank where he doesn't actually have to go out and actually shoot people.

:lol:  Good point.  Anybody who is a general probably was commissioned.  When you are commissioned you immediately become an officer.  Considering American troops have not been in too many wars lately and that this guy is an officer, I would take a guess that he has probably never seen actual combat.  And now that he is a general he sure as hell is not seeing any combat right now.

It is disturbing that he celebrated killing people.  Killing people is not something that I would view as fun.  It is something that is necessary in order to perform your military duties.  Even if the people you are killing "deserve it", it would still bother me to blow someone away.

Nonetheless, I still get annoyed when foreigners insult our American manliness.  I am an American male and I am proud to say that I do not shy away from conflict.  I am not a pussy.  If some asshole in a bar pushes me I push back.  I am a logical and mature person, but I do have a backbone and I am not a pushover.  When I read news reports of how non-Americans look down upon any aggressiveness as "barbaric", it makes me think they are emasculated pussies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3729757 -

Quote:
Trolling for kids raised in the ghetto, a violent atmosphere from age 1. Sick fucks, those recruiter types.




now you're just over thinking it. There is not some conspiracy to go get kids in the ghetto.


--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3729766 -


Trolling for kids raised in the ghetto

I looked at statistics on this. Military recruitment is strong everywhere(they try to recruit rich, middle, poor, hicks, city-folk, etc..). And, in "bad neighborhoods" it does appear as if recruiters "set up shop" or "visit" a lot in order to get recruits. Strangely enough however, most front-line combat troops are white.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3729772 -

When did I say it was a conspiracy? It's not like their recruitment tactics are a secret. When I see recruiters in the suburbs and in private school cafeterias maybe I will change my mind.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3729774 -

Quote:
Good point. Anybody who is a general probably was commissioned.



all officers are commissioned.

Quote:
I would take a guess that he has probably never seen actual combat. And now that he is a general he sure as hell is not seeing any combat right now.



I don't know if that's true or not, even if it is it was still a stupid thing to say.

Quote:
Nonetheless, I still get annoyed when foreigners insult our American manliness.



they do it because half of them are pussies themselves still sucking off of their mother's tit.

Quote:
If some asshole in a bar pushes me I push back. I am a logical and mature person, but I do have a backbone and I am not a pushover. When I read news reports of how non-Americans look down upon any aggressiveness as "barbaric", it makes me think they are emasculated pussies.



truer words have never been spoken. I agree and I'm pretty much the same way.


--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3729782 -

Quote:
When did I say it was a conspiracy? It's not like their recruitment tactics are a secret. When I see recruiters in the suburbs and in private school cafeterias maybe I will change my mind.



They came to my school (which is private) and I served 8 years in the Army. I guess it's time to change your mind.


--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3729787 -


When I see recruiters in the suburbs and in private school cafeterias maybe I will change my mind.

I went to an all white high school. Recruitment was HEAVY there(they had guys come in and talk to the classes, military posters were everywhere, two weeks before graduation they were calling EVERYBODY, etc...). I have been in uppity high class suburban malls and I have been approached by recruiters(I am as white as can be).

They try to recruit everyone...not just "niggers" from the ghetto.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3729796 -


all officers are commissioned.

I have heard of some enlisted men rising into the officer's ranks in the military. Without a degree however, they don't go into the "General" ranks however(or at least that is what I heard).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3729813 -

Depending on your skill you can become a general, Major, etc... They offered my mother a Full Bird Colonel rank if she joined the navy (skipping basic training) because she has tons of medical experience. (Nurse-Administrative)

I was a non commissioned officer (NCO (corporal and higher)) (SGT).


--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3729869 -

Well at least our military is disciplining the guy : :rolleyes:

(from a different article):

...a statement, Gen. Michael Hagee, commander of the Marine Corps, praised Mattis as "one of this country's bravest and most experienced military leaders."

"While I understand that some people may take issue with the comments made by him, I also know he intended to reflect the unfortunate and harsh realities of war," Hagee said.


Yeeahh.... the unfortunate and harsh realities of getting off on killing people. That's the exact opposite of what that statement means.

*sigh* I love accountablity in the US government.


--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: Twirling]
    #3729929 -

I don't think he should be punished really, I just think that the military needs to make sure he doesn't speak publicly. I've never liked military personel addressing the private sector really, it's not their place, the president should be speaking or someone from the joint chief of staff.


--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3729969 -

Quote:
When I see recruiters in the suburbs and in private school cafeterias maybe I will change my mind.

I went to an all white high school. Recruitment was HEAVY there(they had guys come in and talk to the classes, military posters were everywhere, two weeks before graduation they were calling EVERYBODY, etc...). I have been in uppity high class suburban malls and I have been approached by recruiters(I am as white as can be).

They try to recruit everyone...not just "niggers" from the ghetto.



I went to a suburban, mostly white, highschool. My senior year the recruiters were there pretty much every single day trying to get people to sign up. The entire senior student body took some kind of military aptitude test, they gave presentations in the science classes, they called me at home almost every week, they came by and visited with my parents, they sent people that had graduated from the high school that were in the military to the school to recruit, etc.

It almost worked as well... I was accepted to the naval academy, but luckily chickened out before I signed my life away... They were grooming me to become a nuclear officer on a submarine. I can still remember their sales pitches... "You aced the aptitude test. As a nuclear officer, you will never see face to face combat. You don't even have to qualify shooting a rifle, only a handgun. The only person on a sub that they cannot loose is the nuclear officer. Everything is designed, and everybody is trained, to save the nuclear officer at all costs. Blah blah blah..." Oh, and lets not forget the insane amount of money they were offering... full ride through college, monthly salary, signing bonus, etc...


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marine General: "It's fun to shoot some people!" [Re: Twirling]
    #3729970 -

Yeah, I can't really say that he HAS to be punished since I have no military experience and don't know much beyond what this article is saying, but it's clear the military is doing damage control by lying through their teeth. It's obvious that he didn't "intend(ed) to reflect the unfortunate and harsh realities of war".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* the Project for a New American Century
( 1 2 all )
iglou 3,589 26 05/02/03 08:53 AM
by Madtowntripper
* A view of American Foreign Policy Ped 1,261 8 09/09/03 06:11 PM
by afoaf
* Iraqi civilians feed hungry US marines Chills420 version2 907 5 03/31/03 02:28 AM
by RadioActiveSlug
* Are Americans more evil?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Swami 5,763 64 12/18/03 10:13 AM
by medicinebag
* 2nd amendment to justify shooting pigs?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
dee_N_ae 14,658 131 09/19/02 01:08 PM
by francisco
* Up to 12 U.S. Marines Die in Worsening Iraq Violence adrug 844 7 04/07/04 10:18 PM
by Learyfan
* Unreported cost of war: 827 Americans wounded
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Zahid 5,864 73 08/07/03 02:03 PM
by d33p
* 43 Attacks on Americans in Iraq Yesterday
( 1 2 all )
Zahid 2,430 24 10/30/03 04:46 PM
by PsiloKitten

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
4,950 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 41 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.