Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineZahid
Stranger
43 Attacks on Americans in Iraq Yesterday
    #2027334 - 10/20/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

A Day In Iraq: 43 Attacks On U.S.

Oct. 20, 2003

(CBS/AP) Assailants ambushed a U.S. Army foot patrol just outside Fallujah at midday Monday, killing one American and wounding five others in the second day of attacks in this anti-U.S. hotbed west of Baghdad, the American command reported.

The patrol, from the 82nd Airborne Division, was first hit by an exploding homemade bomb, and then by small-arms fire, the military said. American troops then raided a nearby mosque in an apparent search for the attackers and detained three Iraqis.

It could not be learned immediately whether there were any Iraqi casualties, although two civilian trucks were damaged in the action, including one left dangling on a bridge, apparently from what witnesses said was a rocket-propelled grenade strike.

The attack occurred about 20 yards from the main bridge leading into Fallujah from Baghdad, 35 miles to the east, when about 30 soldiers on foot, accompanied by five Humvees, were on patrol along the highway.

This was the same general area where a U.S. Army ammunition truck, part of a convoy, broke down on the main road Sunday and came under attack. That truck and possibly two other vehicles apparently were hit by rocket-propelled grenades. Dozens of Iraqi youths danced and cheered as the vehicles went up in flames.

It was one of 43 attacks on Americans all over Iraq on Monday, reports CBS News Correspondent Kimberly Dozier.

The soldier killed Monday was the 339th American to die in Iraq, the 218th to perish in combat. Since May 1, when President Bush declared an end to major combat, 104 U.S. soldiers have been killed by hostile action.

In other developments:

# Bush administration officials hope a new World Bank trust fund will help attract donations toward Iraq reconstruction from countries wary of a U.S.-controlled fund. Other potential donor nations want more say over how the money is spent.

# The State Department predicted many of the problems that have erupted in occupied Iraq, but officials tell The New York Times the Pentagon largely ignored the warnings.

# U.S. Marines are part of a major coalition operation to combat the widespread smuggling of oil and other commodities, including copper, from Iraq. Officials estimate that 2,000 tons of oil alone were being smuggled daily out of the southern port of Umm Qasr before the anti-smuggling operation began two weeks ago.

# Iraq's interim leader called for an immediate mobilization of the old Iraqi army to help the harried Americans. The idea got a cool reception from Baghdad's U.S.-led occupation authorities.

# A senior Iraqi official says the country's oil exports last month totaled 900,000 barrels ? triple the June levels. Oil exports are considered critical to Iraq's recovery from war and 12 years of U.N. sanctions.

# Democrats begin running a television ad Monday criticizing the Bush administration for leaking the identity of an undercover CIA officer whose husband criticized the president's Iraq policy.

# Britain's Sunday Telegraph reports British officials have scrapped plans for a procession by Queen Elizabeth and Mr. Bush through London streets when he visits there next month because of worries about anti-war protests.

U.S. Central Command reported 15 attacks on forces of the U.S.-led coalition in the 24 hours that ended at midday Sunday, down from a recent average of 22 a day.

Most occur in the so-called "Sunni Triangle," a Sunni Muslim-dominated area stretching from the west of Baghdad to the north. The area was a strong base of support for Saddam Hussein's Baath Party regime.

American officials blame the insurgency largely on die-hard Baathists, but many here believe other Iraqis resentful of the U.S. military presence have joined in the hit-run attacks.

In an opinion-page piece in Sunday's New York Times newspaper, Allawi, head of the 25-member Governing Council for October, said the decision by U.S. occupation officials to dissolve the 400,000-man Iraqi army after the war's end in April produced a "security vacuum that let criminals, die-hards of the former regime and international terrorists flourish."

It is "vital" to recall Iraqi army units now, six months after they disintegrated before the U.S.-British military advance, Allawi wrote.

The Bush administration is urging other nations to send troops and money to help the United States in Iraq. Washington hopes that last week's unanimous U.N. Security Council vote on a U.S.-sponsored resolution on Iraq will prompt nations to contribute.

"We'll take as much money as we can get," Secretary of State Colin Powell said ahead of a donors conference due to begin Thursday in Madrid.

"And I think the resolution will encourage some countries to give who might not have had a basis to give before the resolution was passed," he said on "Fox News Sunday."

The State Department study, a yearlong effort involving more than 200 Iraqi lawyers and business people as well as other experts, began in April 2002. It found more significant problems with Iraq's infrastructure than the Pentagon foresaw, and predicted Iraqis would be unenthusiastic about U.S. occupiers.

Officials told The Times that Pentagon official ignored the report until recently.

Iraq's most influential Shiite Muslim cleric warned of "new grave problems" if nothing is done to stem the proliferation of firearms in the country and blamed recent clashes between his supporters and followers of a radical cleric on the weakness of the central government.

Grand Ayatollah Ali Hussein al-Sistani also warned that there could be "no substitute" for a general election to choose delegates to a convention to draft a new constitution despite U.S. demands for a quicker selection process.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewingnutx

Re: 43 Attacks on Americans in Iraq Yesterday [Re: Zahid]
    #2028352 - 10/21/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This just in: A bear has shat in the woods.

Seriously, this isn't news, nor is it a suprise to anyone serving in Iraq.

Invisiblewingnutx

#2028360 - 10/21/03 10:45 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/2003_10_01_healingiraq_archive.html#23106656106711032484
Quote:

Most of the attacks are overrated. I know this. The following story is an example:

One afternoon I had just got back from work and was going to change my clothes when suddenly *BOOM* The windows shattered all around me in pieces, there was a smell of something like gunpowder. I looked out but there was dust everywhere. I remembered that my brother was outside. I carefully opened the door, and to my surprise found 4 American soldiers in our garden, they were knocking on my grandmothers house door, I worriedly asked them what happened. They told me to stay away. I offered to open the door for them, which I did. They entered and went upstairs all the way to the roof, I stood in the hall with one of them who informed me that a bomb exploded behind their humvee just in front of the house, no one was hurt. They were suspecting someone attacked them from this house. The others came down, apologized to me and my grandmother (who didn't understand what was going on anyway) then left the house.
I went out to find a crater in front of the house. My god that was close. By a miracle nobody in the street was hurt. The idiots who planted that bomb were dumb enough to put it inside a sewers drainage which absorbed the shock of the blast. The only damage was the sound it made. Most of our windows were shattered.
After a while the soldiers left the place. Suddenly a reporter and a cameraman from Al-Arabiyah station appeared, they were so fast. I crossed the street to take a look. They were talking to some bearded guy who I hadn't seen before in the neighbourhood. He was enthusiastically talking about the humvee that flew in the air, and the 4 injured soldiers. I didn't see any of that. I was bewildered. Someone next to me told me that nothing like that happened at all. My brother and a couple of friends of his started to chant in front of the camera: LIAR, LIAR,... Everyone laughed at this, but the bearded guy started to swear by Allah. Someone pointed out that the bearded guy wasn't even in the area when the bomb exploded. Uh oh, I thought, he seemed to know about it before it happened. The cameraman violently shoved my brother and his friend aside telling them to shut up. I stepped forward and gave hime a push from behind. He almost fell over. I warned him that the camera he was holding would be in a thousand pieces if he dared touch my brother again. He backed up. A neighbour of ours hollered them to come and see the damage in their house. They refused to do so and left.
In the evening, Al-Arabiyah reported the following: 3 Americans badly injured and one Jeep damaged at .... in Baghdad. They showed the bearded guy talking and edited the rest of it.

Thats the way media in present day Iraq works.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: 43 Attacks on Americans in Iraq Yesterday [Re: wingnutx]
    #2028755 - 10/21/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Nah, I don't buy that bullshit for a second. As in all wars the number of attacks the media ever hear about will be merely the very tip of the iceberg.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: 43 Attacks on Americans in Iraq Yesterday [Re: Xlea321]
    #2028947 - 10/21/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yep, it is indeed. And it is news because even at the high estimates Faux News and CNN are reporting no more then 20 attacks a day.

Obviously, that is not true and it is escalating.

Saturday begins Ramadan. Im sure they will "Bring it on".

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: 43 Attacks on Americans in Iraq Yesterday [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2029242 - 10/21/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

'bring it on"....in ramadan?! when i first went to the UAE it was ramadan....they fast all day for a month! but really everyone just partys all night, and sleeps in the day...ppl get behind in school work and such...rush hour was midnight!

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: 43 Attacks on Americans in Iraq Yesterday [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2029254 - 10/21/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Heh.. hide and watch. :smile:

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: 43 Attacks on Americans in Iraq Yesterday [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2043413 - 10/26/03 12:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Still watching?

Blackhawk downed shortly after wolfowitz gets into the air.

Hotel hit with 6 or 7 rockets aimed at wolfowitz.

Attacks escalate.

Happy Ramadan.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2043487 - 10/26/03 12:37 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The militants are trying to get all the work done before the holiday season. :wink: 

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2043569 - 10/26/03 12:58 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

They better hurry up, they have less then 24 hours.

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2046048 - 10/26/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Busy bees they are. Nothing says get out of our country like a Tet Offensive.

3 car bombs and one Ambulance just blew up near the Ministry of industry and the Red Cross in Baghdad.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2046072 - 10/26/03 11:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The fighting will likely continue through the Islamic holidays...normally does. I remember during the Afghan war Americans were dropping bombs with 'Happy Ramadan' written on them...

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2046091 - 10/26/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder if it will keep escalating like this. The last 24 hours have been pretty action packed.

Yeah, I remember those assholes. Maybe they have gotten their just rewards and are currently enjoying their "post war syndrome" and depleted uranium exposure.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2046137 - 10/26/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Two more bombings just occoured. The biggest was outside the Red Cross building. It was attacked by an ambulance loaded with bombs.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: 43 Attacks on Americans in Iraq Yesterday [Re: Rose]
    #2046154 - 10/26/03 11:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I said that :smile:

There has also been a car bomb that went off in Southern Iraq since.

I also never added that the hotel had the rocket blasts and then two more blasts a couple hours later.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2046186 - 10/27/03 12:01 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Doh... those posts didn't register as new or I woulda' read 'em.

Psilokitten's right. There were bombings at the Al Rashid, Red Cross and at least, one other car bomb.

Had to say it all again.

Weird sense of humor...

:tongue:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2046388 - 10/27/03 01:17 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There was an ambulance bomb at the red cross. Initially they thought there was an Ambulance and a car bomb at the red cross. They seem to have backtracked and said that the other 3 cars... all the way across the street, one was identified as a car carring a bomb earlier ( it was shooting huge flames out of every orifice) were just residually effected by the Ambulance's big blast. But now the ambulance wasnt carrying many explosives at all... but the death toll keeps rising.. 3.. 10.. 12.. 18

A car Bomb at the Ministry of Oil

bomb in an Iraqi police station.. nobody is saying a damn thing about that at the moment..

A car bomb in southern iraq.

Nobody has showed footage of anything but the Red Cross bomb.

CNN said that another police station was unsucessfully attacked.. I dunno what that means... right after saying that the first one was bombed.

Dude, if anyone is up. You need to turn on the tv and watch some fucking spinning.

The media keeps blacking out.. going to larry king reruns and some thing about an octupus and two celebring stories.

It's the most fucked up thing Ive ever seen.

Canada.com has this on their site:

"In one of the other bombings, a vehicle exploded in front of the al-Khadra police station in northeastern Baghdad, killing three or four people, according to Iraqi policeman Saad Abdullah.

He said about 50 people were injured and 10 cars were damaged. The blast caused panic among children at a nearby school, he said. "

Nothing has been said about this but one breif message... all kind of hell is going on and they are showing an octupus special rerun.

Unfucking believeable.

I've never had life make me feel stoned when Im so fucking sober.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2046474 - 10/27/03 02:00 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

it could be worse

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: 43 Attacks on Americans in Iraq Yesterday [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2046489 - 10/27/03 02:06 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I could be in the hell that is iraq right now.

That would definately be worse then living in censored spun Amerikka.

Here's a link that actually reports something on the story, from canada

Canadian reporters actually do their job, unlike US reporters.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2046966 - 10/27/03 09:44 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone see the state wolfowitz was in after the attack? He'd only heard a loud bang and he looked absolutely terrified. If he's gonna talk the talk it would be nice if he could walk the walk.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale