Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Long post, desperately need advice
    #3671495 - 01/24/05 09:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, this is going to be a rather long story but here goes. I have a friend whom I love dearly (as a friend), and she recently had to move out of the dorms at school, and in with me due to financial difficulties. Her rent is nil now. She has yet to even pay her tuition, and she will barely be able to pay throughout the semester. She has a class that she told me she needed to take in order to graduate, but she has been so depressed that she hasn't gone to class, and she said she would late drop the class and take it over the summer, and then graduate in the summer, by working full time the first session, and then taking classes the second session and using the money she made to pay for her class.

Anyway, I was sitting here doing work, when I thought that she might not be able to take the class over the summer, since they may not offer it. Sure enough they didnt offer it. We were both at her parents house last night, and didn't get back until 5 am, and she was planning to sleep in and then study all day to start getting back on track. I thought to myself, that I should look at the schedule of courses, find out what time it is at, and wake her up to go to it so she doesn't completely fuck herself over. When I looked at the schedule I realized there were three sections, and I thought crap, because I didn't want to wake her up earlier than neccessary since she had been asleep only since 5 am.

I then remembered that I knew her school access password since she had told me it before, so I figured I would simply go in and check her schedule online. When I looked at her schedule I saw a class in the same field, however it was not the class she said she had needed, so I thought for a minute perhaps she was confused, so I then went and looked at her degree audit. She is 16 credits shy of having the total number of credits needed for graduation, but she is going to have to take 42 more credits in order to fufill all the requirements she needs for graduation.

I don't think she realizes that she is so screwed, as she thinks she can graduate in the summer. But there is no possible way, I looked and analyzed it, and she is going to need a whole other year. She has been so sad, and it pains me so much to see her so sad. I think she needs to be made aware of how much trouble she is in, but I'm terrified to tell her, because she is already so depressed. I can't even think straight right now because Im so worried. I emailed all my profs and briefly explained that today I needed to be with my friend, and Im hoping they dont think Im bullshitting, however that is the least of my worries. Should I break it to her?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Long post, desperately need advice [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #3671499 - 01/24/05 09:08 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yes, she is going to find out sooner or later. better she hear it from you now than the school later.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Anonymous #1

Re: Long post, desperately need advice [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #3671576 - 01/24/05 10:19 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Don't worry about your profs, if they won't accept that you are helping someone, fuck them. Be sure to remind them that you make their checks payable.

Tell your friend and offer to help her work through it if you can. Like wrestler said, it would be much better from you than her advisor/profs.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being