Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
raves
    #3569770 - 01/02/05 03:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

went to my first one for new years. previously  i never danced, never listend to electronic music.

what can i say? im hooked. within seconds of getting in the doors i was in a very good mental place. One of the best times of my life. all inhibitions vanished, i was dancing like a motherfucker and loving it, people smiling, laughing hugging, dancing.

Total love and acceptance, crazy light shows and music, wonderfull people and conversations.

wow.

next one is in two weeks. i wont miss it.

absolutely fucking phenomenol.

:eek:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: raves [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3569814 - 01/02/05 03:14 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Wow I remember my first rave experience years ago.  My first time doing E and I also took acid that I found there.  I gained so much appreciation for the music.  I had a hell of a time and I was hooked from then on.  Too bad raves don't really happen around here anymore.  :frown:

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#3569816 - 01/02/05 03:14 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome dude. I'm curious though, what drugs had you taken that might have made the vibe?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: raves [Re: djfrog]
    #3569887 - 01/02/05 03:37 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i go to raves, have been for 2 years or so now as of today as a matter of fact.
for a while i ate pills and rolled. good times. then i dropped the pills. and went sober, as i have been doing for quite some time now. its a totally different expierence.
pills just make everything fake to me...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Loc: ARIZONA,TRANSLVANIAA,ETC....
    #3569911 - 01/02/05 03:45 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Danceing is gay! ;D

--------------------
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility."

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Re: raves [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3570935 - 01/02/05 02:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i took some E, space out over the night which obviously made things far more E tastic, but part of the wickedness is that the atmosphere is dessigned for people on E so the E experience is just way better.

but more than that it was the way i was welcomed by people. within a few seconds of entering the building i was enveloped in my first of many many hugs.

And not only did find myself accepted but, desired, which was an unusual experience for me. at least 6 people came up to hit on me or comment quite positively on my body. i was surprised but i wont deny it fucking feels great when a girl comes up and says 'your beutifull, can i kiss you?' or a guy goes "hey dan! fuckin awesome body!'

i dont think ill go anywhere else to find hook ups from now on!

and just the outrageous quality of the people, everyone drops there inhibitions and just lets go and puts on a show. total eye candy everywhere.

i too will go to a rave sober sooner or later and i think ill still love it. ill try it on mushrooms and acid too.

dancing was so fun too, once i got over my bullshit programming that said it was gay.

plus nothing wrong with gay. learned that at the rave too. well not really but it helped!

--------------------

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
    #3570955 - 01/02/05 02:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, sounds like you had a good time. I wish there were raves around here, there aren't any as far as I know.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

#3571045 - 01/02/05 03:13 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

by the way, anyone who thinks E is just a fun drug with no therapeutic properties... i couldnt disagree more.

In the right circumstance with the right person E can work long lasting wonders on the personality.

Mushrooms helped me alot with leearning the arcane secrets of reality and existance, but they never helped me drop my inhibitions, lower my guard, learn how to be myself without fear and trust people.

Ive had a long standing problem with inhibition, sexual and otherwise, just being a little too shy to let loose and be silly.

i feel like a new person now. last night i Put it ALL on the line, just let it out, and was rewarded with total acceptance and love. that just opend whole realms of experience for me. i see the world in a new light, everything is a party. i can wait to get back to school and hug people.

i cant wait to go to the next rave and kiss more strangers. i finnally found my party scene.

i always hated those high school type house parties where people go to get drunk pound rap music sniff blow and stand around looking akward, maybe getting in a fight.

never again.

at this rave we started a massage train and it just blew up. we had a line of people rubbing each others back going all the way down the hall.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: raves [Re: Kenny7822]
    #3571062 - 01/02/05 03:17 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

thre are raves everywhere. believe me, you just need to kow where to look. you can find some info for the major cities on the net, but its underground. lots of it.
most of the parties / raves inchicago are small ohuse parties. it kind if kils the whole "rave" atmosphere.
it in some ways lives on the drug scene...
i was having this debate with one of my friends, aboutohw without pills the rave scene would be dead.... he told me without acid the hippie scene in frisco back in the day wouldnt have become anything...

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Re: raves [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3571080 - 01/02/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i think your friend was right, and so were you, without drugs you wouldnt have ahd hippies or raves, at least not in the sense we think of them. but does that mean the only value of those eras was the drugs ? hell no! see acid opens you up to truths you didnt previously even imagine, but once youve been 'opend' that can change you permanently without resorting to more doseages.

i likewise maintain hope that once youve experienced PLUR (peace love understanding respect) on E at a rave, you can make a serious effort to bring a bit more plur into your sober life. also i think you can very much go and tap into the vibe and just get high on that at a rave. you just wouldnt get AS high, and since i still have some rolling before me before i risk becoming an E tard, i think i will take advantage.

it was fun cuz newyears one year ago was my griends first raves, and so this was there one year raving anniversary and my first rave.

wow

at least try them.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#3571097 - 01/02/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

these kids, the ones that are all plur at a rave, most of them are full of shit. i hate to tell you.
the guy who got me my first pill, who was all plur, even had it tattoed on his arm.. along with many other people i have met at raves, are somem of the shadyest fuckers i have met. one of them jacked me in the face for no reason the other day except for their own ignorance.

im not saying that everone is like this, but ecstasy while in some cases can be compaierd to taking off the mask of your inhibitions, can have the effect on some of these shadymother fuckers putting a mask on.

--------------------
PEACE

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known
 Arcade Champion: Ms. Pacman, Pac Man, Tetris

Loc: t(here)
    #3571101 - 01/02/05 03:30 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i know in chicago, daley is cracking down on raves. wish i knew where to look for parties in chicago.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: raves [Re: gema]
    #3571131 - 01/02/05 03:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

the only rave i ever went to had advertised that the Wu-Tang Clan was going to come. i thought it was total bullshit, but decided to go just to see what happened. And around 3:30 AM, RZA and Masta Killah came out on stage. They were the only Wu-Tang members who came, but it really surprised me that they really showed up :smile: it was a fun time... but i'm not a big fan of E, and I find the PLUR mentality to often be full of shit... people who aren't really full of anything but E. :shrug: real peace love understanding and respect require communication, not just dr00gs and electronic music... but i'm glad to hear you had a good time!

--------------------

Offlinesaz3
DELA-WHERE?

Loc: REPRESENT!
Re: raves [Re: Krishna]
    #3571178 - 01/02/05 03:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i think raves were the 90's we need something for the 2000's beside rap gangsta shit...hmm any ideas?

--------------------
Only one Jah Rastafari

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: raves [Re: saz3]
    #3571197 - 01/02/05 03:59 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

we need more acid jazz along the lines of Medeski Martin and Wood :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings

#3571586 - 01/02/05 05:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:

i dont think ill go anywhere else to find hook ups from now on!

Are these drug hookups or girl hookups? Either way, it's the people who used raves to find "hookups" that killed it for me. It's friggin' disappointing to go to a party, trying to enjoy yourself, and everywhere you go there's 15 year olds trying to cop drugs, and frat boys asking your girlfriend if she's rolling and wants a massage.

If your going for any reason besides love of the music, you should seriously reconsider. A rave is not a social club, or a fashion show (even if you do have an "awesome body"). It's an outlet for a musical genre. If you're there for the "hookups", you're missing the point.

--------------------
This will not go undocumented.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3571866 - 01/02/05 06:33 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

raves are pretty sweet.  if you find that right crowd, you can meet some really awesome people.  its one of the few places I can go around and strike up a conversation with damn near anyone.  i like the big parties with different types of music to it, those have the most diverse group of people.

its funny when you have hella glowsticks on you, you're smoking a blunt with a guy who is trying to be "thug" and you're talking about classical music while listening to to trance.

I liked the whole plur thing, i wouldn't go so far as get a tattoo on myself, but the idea of peace love unity respect isn't a bad one.  :heart:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #3572558 - 01/02/05 08:38 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have been to a bunch but that was over 10 years ago, what a trip eh...

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #3572686 - 01/02/05 09:07 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

One day Ares and I will host our own raves. :crazy:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflinePsycAura
think, and bewicked
 User Gallery

Loc: an alternate universe som...
Re: raves [Re: Adamist]
    #3572736 - 01/02/05 09:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

let me know when.. ill be there!!

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain. - Captain Murphy

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Community >> The Pub