Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: coda]
    #4535244 - 08/14/05 09:55 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I live in Australia. My fathers side of the family all live in West Virginia... I look forward to coming over - i'd like to go this year and meet everyone. I have photos of BBQ's with 100+ family members which I find a little strange. I didn't realise there was such a party scene over there.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4535362 - 08/14/05 10:29 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I definitely see where you're coming from. The Greatful Dead tours were probably the most important thing in psychedelic history, and the scene was hurt after "Touch Of Grey" came out by people who just came to get fucked up. The same thing happened to the rave scene.

I am definitely not one of these people. Do I love techno, yes. Would I go to a rave if I wasn't rolling, most likely not. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I doubt that you'll find many Grateful Dead fans who don't smoke weed before or during the show.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: Learyfan]
    #4535472 - 08/14/05 10:54 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

right on, i can understand that.  It sounds hypocritical to say "if thats how you wanted to enjoy the music then thats fine" because the retards who do to much can say the same.  There's a huge difference between moderation and just plain stupidity.

Ill be the first to admit that i would never go to a jam show without a bag of herb, if i didnt have herb to bring you best believe im looking for some before the show.  But im not just there for the herb, i care about the music, and it sounds like you did too.

I never got to see the dead with jerry, i did get to see phil and friends in 99 and i saw the dead last year at bonnaroo.  So i really cant speak from experience on what happened with that particular scene, i can imagine its quite similiar.  It really hurts doesnt it?  To me it feels like having one of your best friends die, its just a dull aching feeling when ever you think about it and you know you can never get it back.

Im still consider myself a newb to the jam scene, i really didnt start going to those types of shows until 98 (saw phish NYE at MSG on the floor, pretty damn sweet for my first show).  My only experience with that type of music was really crappy live tapes my "hippy" friends had.  I kept thinking "who the fuck would listen to this shit?".  Then i met my friend barry who had some quality tunes and hooked me up with a free ticket to that MSG show.  Ive been hooked ever since, but, i never knew what it was like in the lot in the early nineties, but i always hear people say "it used to be so much better".  It's such a shame that most americans are retards who cant handle themselves, so many beautiful things ruined by so many ignorant people.  :sigh:  three cheers for the golden days! :wink:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4535625 - 08/14/05 11:23 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

my first rave was a massive in california a year ago. the rave scene now is the only one i know. i guess i can see where people like yourself and electrode are coming from....it just upsets me when i feel i am being stereotyped into the group that ruined the scene, just because i prefer to use ecstasy at a rave. believe it or not, there are still some people who still see the drugs as a compliment to the experience....rather than the heart of it.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Edited by wrestler_az (08/14/05 11:47 PM)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4535661 - 08/14/05 11:30 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

nonono you misunderstand me, my post wasnt to alienate or point out anyone on the board. Like i said, if you enjoy chemcials in MODERATION at a party then more power to you! the rave scene was FOUNDED on drugs, so of course there's going to be drug use at a party. It's acceptable as long as its a.)within reason and b.)not the only reason you're there.

I love newbies(MOST), without newbies your scene will grow stagnant and die. Without anyone to pass the torch to it will burn out. Problem is the days of kids coming into the scene with a desire to learn about the music and the culture. Nowadays i see more newbies asking me where the *insert drug here* is rather then wow this is awesome, who the hell is spinning and what type of music is this? Its just a shame, i wont go to massives anymore at all. Id have more fun burning my money then being crammed into an overcrowded, poorly ventiliated, meat market. Gimmie my small, ghetto, underground bars with local djs and 20 people dancing any day.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4535750 - 08/14/05 11:45 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

ya, maybe there is a bit of misunderstanding.....but its all good.  :grin:

just for shits and giggles, heres what i had to say about my first time at a rave, and first time rolling actually....

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post2836616

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineWorldbridger
Nemo Lotus

#4535757 - 08/14/05 11:47 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
I don't know.  That sounds like a kick.  This party was just in Martinsburg.  Where exactly is it again?

Droidy be getting excited now bout the next rave and e trip!  :laugh:

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4535762 - 08/14/05 11:47 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

until i was 19, i had gone through life thinking techno of all sorts was stupid. i liked prodigy fat of the land, but that was about it. i got a couple of E pills for my first time when i was 19, and i knew of a big halloween rave party coming up that a bunch of my raver friends were going to. i decided i would go to this and take the pills there, afterall, it seemed that raves were the perfect place for ecstasy.

so i went to this party, stood around bored for around half an hour. didnt like the music(it was mostly drum n bass), then i took one of my pills. around an hour and a half later(yes, an hour and a half, turned out i had MDA) when it started kicking in i started dancing and going nuts. the music changed. it sounded perfect. bliss. i had a blast. i've loved most kinds of techno ever since(i'm even listening to Armin Van Buuren right now).

it was the drugs that lured me into the culture, but what i got out of it was a lot more than drugs. i'm now at the point where i'm thinking about not rolling at raves anymore, maybe only rolling once or twice a year at the big ones i go to. even when ive been raving and not rolled, i've felt like i was rolling. the whole scene just gives me that euphoria now. the loud music, all the glow sticks and lights, all the happy kids. it's truly an amazing scene.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4535766 - 08/14/05 11:48 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

oh, and raver chicks, they're the best. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4535801 - 08/14/05 11:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

van burrin spins trance/prog not techno :wink:  DnB is best enjoyed on acid IMO.  E's alright, but, its too dopey for me.  When i hear 180 bpm music i want to be so amped up i can match the beats with my dance steps.  I dont look good dancing, but get me on some quality cid and throw me into a room with a wicked techstep dj and i go nuts.  I forget everything around me and dance, its lovely :smile:

--------------------

-JG

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #4535804 - 08/14/05 11:57 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I've listened to techno all my life. I love it. I've never rolled with it though. I have shroomed with it, and that was a godly experience. electronica is definately the best thing to listen to while tripping.

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #4535806 - 08/14/05 11:57 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

most people refer to techno as the entire genre of electronica

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: Worf]
    #4535831 - 08/15/05 12:02 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

yah AND THATS THE SHIT IM TALKING ABOUT. If you love the scene and the music LEARN THE GENRES. Its not hard, techo sounds nothing like house, trance sounds like nothing DnB, and breaks bear no resemblence to hardcore. Its really not hard at all. Yes, i know there are a bajillion subgenres out there, but, the main genres are so easy to differentiate there's no excuse for it. Its really just a huge pet peeve of mine.

If you dont know the difference and actually want to learn go here. http://www.ishkur.com/music/ click on the screen that says ishkurs guid to electronic music. It covers nearly every genre and subgenre and it has audio samples to boot! Theres no excuse now, techno is techno not trance!

--------------------

-JG

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4535835 - 08/15/05 12:03 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

oh and if you must choose to blanket all forms of music into one name, use electronic dance music or EDM. Because thats what it is, nu?

--------------------

-JG

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

#4536213 - 08/15/05 01:21 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i know all the genres. for me, techno is just the larger electronica genre. within techno is trance, house, jungle, and all that. i find it a lot easier to just refer to all electronica music as techno.

--------------------

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #4536219 - 08/15/05 01:23 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

But then what do you call techno?

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4536236 - 08/15/05 01:29 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
im sorry you live a life that going out to a party meeting new people and having a good time is so far beyond the limitations you have set yourself. 

Dude, I've been to more parties than you can fathom.  I used to promote and help produce raves with a few local production companies.  I've been to parties the likes of which you will only ever read about.  It's not that I set limits for myself, and don't extend beyond them.  "Raves" just don't appeal to me.

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
but the truth of the matter is i CAN find it, and i like taking it. and what better place to take it than at a rave?

Try..... your bedroom maybe?  Somewhere that the people who don't want to trip over E-tarded kandies don't have to see you.

Quote:

now what the fuck is so wrong with that? how is my being there on a drug ruining the scene that you now refuse to partake in? 

You'll never understand what that drug has done to the scene.  You weren't there before it, and don't go to a rave without it.  Hence, you cannot understand.  Just know that E and E seekers brought down the party scene.

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
what makes you so much better than me?

Thank you.  Admittance is k3y.  :lol:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4536413 - 08/15/05 02:15 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I personally respect Electrode greatly.

He's a real brother.

--------------------
delta9

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#4536618 - 08/15/05 03:17 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
It was a rave.

obviously, it was not.
LOL

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: No ecstacy...............at a rave [Re: delta9]
    #4536620 - 08/15/05 03:17 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

:inlove:

Thanks, man.  I have a lot of detractors here, but because of people like yourself, I have some very great friends. 

D94LYFE :rockon:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom