Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Roots of Psychological Conflict [Re: AreoZephin]
    #3490331 - 12/13/04 09:17 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well yes, I suppose so. Stillness is a thing in this world that has no attributes, form or shape - but then, it is not really a thing, and it is not of this world - it IS no-thing. To me, that No-Thing is sacred and holy - and is a part of Every-thing in existence, you, me, that tree, the entire galaxy.. But that's going off topic. :smile:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Roots of Psychological Conflict [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3490999 - 12/13/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What an awesome read. Thanx for posting that Skorp.

Did you guys notice how DB had a hard time answering at K's question about how to make people realize all this? Sometimes I had the feeling that what K said was going over the head of DB. K often says things like "ya, i know that", "of course" "obviously"...
I can't wait for the day when spirituality and physics will merge into one.

I can relate to K when he says that he wakes up meditating. This form of meditation, i think its called contemplative meditation, is just to observe your mind and all the associations and judgements it makes throughout the day. It is to observe, to realize, and to assume. Check my quote out, it relates to this. But my question is, if i feel that i'm doing this kind of meditation (and sometimes i feel i've done it throughout a large part of my life), would there still be a need for practiced meditation/pre-meditated meditation?

And also, notice how K had a hard time communicating his thoughts without sounding like another spiritual elite. I feel like this guys words are a manual to 4th dimension, and what he says is that YOU are your own manual.

ahhhhh, evolution.

This read got me excited. Its only the fuckin tip of the iceberg!

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: Roots of Psychological Conflict [Re: exclusive58]
    #3491179 - 12/13/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Did you guys notice how DB had a hard time answering at K's question about how to make people realize all this? Sometimes I had the feeling that what K said was going over the head of DB. K often says things like "ya, i know that", "of course" "obviously"...

Yes, I got the same impression as well. And I even sympathized with DB the first time reading it... :grin:

if i feel that i'm doing this kind of meditation (and sometimes i feel i've done it throughout a large part of my life), would there still be a need for practiced meditation/pre-meditated meditation?

I would say that it would be highly beneficial if you need to strengthen the silence and oneness-unity of your mind [as opposed to the fragmentation]... And if you have achieved that kind of meditation you speak of, then I would assume you naturally have a silent and still mind...Either way, it's a healthy excercise. :smile:

To reflect Krishnamurti's question to you: How do you propose we make people realize all of this?

--------------------

OfflineAreoZephin
Stranger

Loc: New Earth
    #3493649 - 12/13/04 07:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I donno if anyone meditates who believes in God but do you think that one must meditate on God for it already said long before that He was the beginning and the end and he has no time in his reality and He was love and peace, and His spirit was of Holyness, the Holy Spirit. And if His spirit was the Holy Spirit then that must mean that in his reality He is everything? But yet, if such a power is so great it would be able to manifest it's beings and purposes in our reality?

So if one was to meditate to God would he be able to reach a sensation of one of the Holy Spirit directly?

--------------------
The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
    #3493705 - 12/13/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

it wouldn't matter either way, lead to the same place

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3493717 - 12/13/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

damn...I want to mount this on my wall  :grin:

:thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineAreoZephin
Stranger

Re: Roots of Psychological Conflict [Re: spudamore]
    #3493806 - 12/13/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

spudamore said:
it wouldn't matter either way, lead to the same place

So this is what I don't understand. If nothing = everything, and there are no limit, then Buddah must exist, and every form of gods and God must exist. If God exists then he has control over everything? Yet, there's still every known form of God, or any type of such and such that every human mentally touched in that reality. There's no limit, but if there's no limit there must be a limit. You see what I'm saying?

--------------------
The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
    #3493841 - 12/13/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

then Buddah must exist, and every form of gods and God must exist.

they are all of the same.

If God exists then he has control over everything?

don't know

You see what I'm saying?

certaintly. its like understanding a zen koan. don't think about it experience it.

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

OfflineAreoZephin
Stranger

Re: Roots of Psychological Conflict [Re: spudamore]
    #3493878 - 12/13/04 07:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I mean I will. But I'm trying to understand something different now as to what K. was talking about. He said if there is no limit, then that must mean there's no limit in that place. If there's no limit then that creates something to be able to be there to make a limit. Which means if that's true then if you were to go into the deepest meditation possible, we still wouldn't be able to fully grasp it because it would be overwhelming peace. I don't think we would be able to handle it in a physical body. And if we couldn't then we won't. We would just be able to get to a state of mind where we are fully at peace, at what we can comprehend. As long as we still have a brain. The brain would always be there giving a limit to what it can take.

I'm still going to try it eventually though.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3495903 - 12/14/04 04:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"To reflect Krishnamurti's question to you: How do you propose we make people realize all of this? "

I'd love to know. But maybe I'd love to know because I want to precipitate things, instead of letting things go with the flow. You said that we're nowhere near such a global realization, when do you think it will be then? And what if things are accelerating at an exponential rate, so that the change we are talking about will happen in THIS life time?!

How do you propose we make people realize all of this? What do you think?

OfflineThe_Visionaire
Torch

Loc: Indra's Net
    #3497008 - 12/14/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Did you guys notice how DB had a hard time answering at K's question about how to make people realize all this? Sometimes I had the feeling that what K said was going over the head of DB. K often says things like "ya, i know that", "of course" "obviously"..."

Dont you even go there :evil: Bohm shake the room!

Some dialouges between K and DB was not published due to the fact that DB appeard the mentor, and that would not look very nice for K, since he was supposed to be the guru.

If you read the biography of David Bohm; "infinite potential", you will also see that Krishnamurti had his dark side, and could be said to be conditioned, allthough in a different way then others...

--------------------
There are no differences between men and gods,
one blends softly causal into the other.
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

Edited by The_Visionaire (12/14/04 12:27 PM)

User Gallery

#3497309 - 12/14/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

How do you propose we make people realize all of this? What do you think?

Implement a campaign for spirituality in schools, and to form a petition for the initiation of spiritual awareness and higher-cognitive training. Spiritual-boot camps across USA; have retired, enlightened ex-marines teach your children a thing or two about inter-connectedness with Being.. even while Being subject to toothbrush toilet-scrubs! Have your kids see the divinity in all-that-is - except for untidy uniforms, unshiny floors, unmade beds, foul language, unproper dining etiquette, and all that jazz! They'll learn the way of non-duality: "This cafeteria food is neither good or bad; it just simply IS -gags-" United Spiritual Camp of USA* - They'll turn your rascals into Buddhas with an enlightened glow in no time!
*Supported by George W. Bush and Osama Bin Laden.

Hehe, got a wee bit sidetracked there... In all seriousness, I think the most realistic way - as things are currently - would be to aim at the implementation of such spiritual subjects in schools, at the earliest stage possible, i.e., 3rd or 4th grades.

I also understand that the notion of one trying to initiate a strategy to inform the masses on a global can be labeled as action rising out of resistance, dissatisfaction or such motives; but consider the fact that much of us wouldn't be so blessed with this knowledge, spiritual wisdom, and such if all the authors of the books that've been published and read by us, decided to just letting things go with the flow, i.e. not deciding to change anything... Where would we be now? :smile:
Of course, I can see other possible answers for such actions, but I thought I'd mention this anyway.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3497562 - 12/14/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In all seriousness, I think the most realistic way - as things are currently - would be to aim at the implementation of such spiritual subjects in schools, at the earliest stage possible, i.e., 3rd or 4th grades.

Spirituality, accesible to kids? That's a good thread topic!  :wink:

Anyway, I think it'd be easier to start a spiritual psychedelic initiation class than to start right away with trying to bring spirituality to schools.  realization will have to come step by step if it ever does.

The way I see it, the most effective way anything can be done, right here right now, on a personal level, is to spread the love. Let love colonize this little blue jar called Earth! And then, watch the answers grow...

:stoned:

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
    #3498512 - 12/14/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

haven't had 'time' to read it all yet :wink:

but very very thorough indeed :cool:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom