Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
It's driving me crazy that the UN scandal is exploding all over the papers and no-one here has click
    #3365757 - 11/15/04 06:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know how to cut and paste links so all I can do is provide them. So here they are
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st...d_investigation
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/15/opinion/15safire.html?oref=login
http://www.suntimes.com/index/novak.html

This is the biggest scandal of all time and there are so many people here who think that the UN has ANY legitamacy. It is a "coalition" and by "coalition" I mean a roving band of extortionists that you can find several of visiting every construction site in the Bronx. Fucking catch on 'tards.

They did a courageous job in Northern African, they're doing a smashup job in Eastern Africa, and when the French cunts leave Western Africa, they will no doubt be doing a fine job there.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: It's driving me crazy that the UN scandal is exploding all over the papers and no-one here has click [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3365929 - 11/15/04 07:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

so saddam exploited the oil for food program.

isn't this what i've been hearing from you people for a couple years now?

edit: biggest scandal of all time my ass. get a clue.

Edited by JonnyOnTheSpot (11/15/04 07:23 PM)

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: It's driving me crazy that the UN scandal is exploding all over the papers and no-one here has click [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3365989 - 11/15/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thats what i loved about Bush's recent speech to the UN. He praised them for being so empathetic to human rights and being so open minded to the ideals of democracy when he knew that they are just a bunch of thugs and dictators, and they knew that he knew that they are just a bunch of thugs and dictators.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: It's driving me crazy that the UN scandal is exploding all over the papers and no-one here has click [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #3365993 - 11/15/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That Saddam did? No. That Koffing Anus and his cunt son and Benon Sevan, who ran the program, and that Jacques Chirac and that French bank that held the money and that high placed Germans and Russians (do you think anything happens in Russia w/o Putin knowing) were complicit, yes. Wake the fuck up. These people who you trust so much are worse crooks than Halliburton. At least Halliburton actually performs some semblance of work for it's money. These people just pocket it. Suha, Suha, I knew you when....

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: It's driving me crazy that the UN scandal is exploding all over the papers and no-one here has click [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #3366001 - 11/15/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Name a bigger scandal

--------------------

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3366025 - 11/15/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think the scandal is that UN officials cooperated and that there were companies (along with some government involvement...?) in France and Russia that were involved in this corruption. It's an important story and it definitely damages the UN, but I don't think it should lead to its abandonment. The UN needs to scale back it operations, but not disappear entirely. It should do what it was designed to do and stop worrying about holding influence over the world.

Biggest scandal of all time?
Yeah, seems exagerated. But then again, I can't think of many scandals that were bigger. Though I do remember a 6 month period where I couldn't turn on TV without hearing about a blowjob.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #3366037 - 11/15/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't say it's "exploding all over the papers" - I'm still waiting for an article about it to come up on Politiken (http://www.politiken.dk). But, as JohnnyOnTheSpot mentioned - the corruption in the oil for food program has been widely recognized over the past 10 years or so. As well, the UN Sanctions in Iraq have been widely recognized as having been detrimental to the civilian population while not having the slightest effect on Saddam.

Does this justify unilateral war? I certainly wouldn't say so. Does it cast an unfortunate light on the United Nations - probably so (knowing the knee-jerk reaction of the Fox-News culture in America, it will probably have this unfortunate consequence even if the scandal turns out to be nothing).

I'm waiting to see what the Danish media has to say about this... I've lost a lot of faith in the American press when they all seem to agree that the fact that America is overwhelmingly for the discrimination of homosexuals is not the result of an overwhelmingly fundamentalist and prejudiced society, but instead means that the Democrats should as well condem gays.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: It's driving me crazy that the UN scandal is exploding all over the papers and no-one here has click [Re: Gijith]
    #3366044 - 11/15/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

23 billion dollar blowjob????? I think you may be overestimating your lips

--------------------

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Re: It's driving me crazy that the UN scandal is exploding all over the papers and no-one here has click [Re: Gijith]
    #3366077 - 11/15/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

how do we measure a scandal anyways? is it the media attention it receives, the impact it has on the world, or the cicumstances/degree of malice involved in it?

i'd say maybe that whole iraq war thing was a bigger scandal (not a popular outlook i know) but i'd say it qualifies as a scandal. Bush got everyone on his side to invade because he made everyone think saddam was this huge threat when it turns out he didn't even have any weapons. that's a scandal. infact, it's so scandalous that most people don't even realize it's a scandal in the first place. heh

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: It's driving me crazy that the UN scandal is exploding all over the papers and no-one here has click [Re: Krishna]
    #3366079 - 11/15/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:
I wouldn't say it's "exploding all over the papers" - I'm still waiting for an article about it to come up on Politiken (http://www.politiken.dk). But, as JohnnyOnTheSpot mentioned - the corruption in the oil for food program has been widely recognized over the past 10 years or so. As well, the UN Sanctions in Iraq have been widely recognized as having been detrimental to the civilian population while not having the slightest effect on Saddam.

Does this justify unilateral war? I certainly wouldn't say so. Does it cast an unfortunate light on the United Nations - probably so (knowing the knee-jerk reaction of the Fox-News culture in America, it will probably have this unfortunate consequence even if the scandal turns out to be nothing).

I'm waiting to see what the Danish media has to say about this... I've lost a lot of faith in the American press when they all seem to agree that the fact that America is overwhelmingly for the discrimination of homosexuals is not the result of an overwhelmingly fundamentalist and prejudiced society, but instead means that the Democrats should as well condem gays.

You're not getting the fucking picture, which is amazing. It's not Saddam's corruption that is a surprise, it's the OTHER parties. Including the obstruction of the investigation. No wonder they wouldn't support the enforcement of the cease fire terms, THEY WERE MAKING TOO MUCH MONEY. And I gave 3 links to major US and international news sources.

As far as that assessment that the media in this country thinks they lost the election because we hate homos, let them keep thinking that, they'll never win. WE DON"T REALLY GIVE A SHIT WHAT THE HOMOS DO.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#3366106 - 11/15/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JonnyOnTheSpot said:
how do we measure a scandal anyways? is it the media attention it receives, the impact it has on the world, or the cicumstances/degree of malice involved in it?

i'd say maybe that whole iraq war thing was a bigger scandal (not a popular outlook i know) but i'd say it qualifies as a scandal. Bush got everyone on his side to invade because he made everyone think saddam was this huge threat when it turns out he didn't even have any weapons. that's a scandal. infact, it's so scandalous that most people don't even realize it's a scandal in the first place. heh

Just assinine. Saddam was told that he would have to abide by his agreements or we would kick his ass out. Then we did it. This is not a scandal. When you do what you say you're going to do, it's not a scandal. Try again. Name a bigger scandal than the theft of 23 billion dollars by the supposed "safeguard organization of the world"

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3366111 - 11/15/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone knows that all these governments had lucrative deals with Saddam which is what allowed him to starve his population under sanctions and continue to be well off.

As for gay marrage, it all about the taxes and benefits that a married couple (including kids, and at least one spouse who doesnt work to take care of them) recieve. Blah, but im not getting into that.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: It's driving me crazy that the UN scandal is exploding all over the papers and no-one here has click [Re: Catalysis]
    #3366156 - 11/15/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Catalysis said:

As for gay marrage, it all about the taxes and benefits that a married couple (including kids, and at least one spouse who doesnt work to take care of them) recieve. Blah, but im not getting into that.

I suspect we agree 100% on this but it is for another thread. I'll just stick this little beauty in: why should single people subsidize anyone else's resource sucking , overpopulating, pululating spawn?

--------------------

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

#3366175 - 11/15/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the war was not sold to the american people because saddam didn't comply with the UN resolution. That would never have worked. It was sold to the american people because he allegedly had WMD's or programs to create them. He had neither.

That was the original main reason Bush gave everyone for the invasion i clearly remember this because my attention span/memory surpasses that of a cat's. To bad for Bush you can't rewrite history that's only taken place a few months ago

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3366218 - 11/15/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Catalysis said:

I suspect we agree 100% on this but it is for another thread. I'll just stick this little beauty in: why should single people subsidize anyone else's resource sucking , overpopulating, pululating spawn?

They shouldnt but that is yet another topic lol. Anyways, i dont really agree with the way the war went off but i think this is one of the worst scandals of our time and its just being overlooked in everyone's haste to finally justify thier long-standing hatred of the US. Its a terrible scandal on so many levels, the money, the deception, the suffering...

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: It's driving me crazy that the UN scandal is exploding all over the papers and no-one here has click [Re: Catalysis]
    #3366290 - 11/15/04 08:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thats why I only buy free range gasoline.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #3366497 - 11/15/04 09:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks to kofi and the U.N. sanctions are a joke. france, germany, china, and russia taking bribes from saddam enabled iraq to fund illicit imports of weapons and technology needed to resume production of w.m.d.'s (i sometimes wonder if the u.n. is to blame for the iraq war)

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #3366818 - 11/15/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ahhhh *sigh* OKay, HERE's what's going on: After WW1 they created The League of Nations with the major 12 of so countries in the world, to stop future wars from happening, after WW2 they created the United Nations, which includes almost every single country in the world, to deal with conflifcs. They (ie, the elite rich, Illuminati, NWO, whatever u wanna call them) are intentionally making the UN look bad, ineffective, scandalous, etc. in order for you and me, to get up and shout "hey, these bastards are useless, we need a new and better world council". They create the problem, then present their solution and everyone goes 'yay!' They plan to get WW3 rolling pretty soon, starting in the Middle East to involve the rest of the world. after the dust clears, a New World Order government to rule the whole world emerges. Or so they hope, anyway.. that's just my crazy opinion of a crazy world.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: It's driving me crazy that the UN scandal is exploding all over the papers and no-one here has c [Re: chodamunky]
    #3366839 - 11/15/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

21 billion dollars is alot of money. That is definately a big deal.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3367212 - 11/15/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Name a bigger scandal

That Bush's father armed and supported Saddam during the time he was gassing the kurds and still walks around a free man?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies