Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OnlineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
More Bush National Guard papers released
    #3104966 - 09/07/04 08:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

This isn't such a big story, but I thought it was mildly interesting that more Bush records from his days in the National Guard were released. Check it out.......

Yahoo Story

AP: Lawsuit Gets Bush Guard Papers Out

37 minutes ago Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

By MATT KELLEY, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) was ranked in the middle of his Air National Guard class and flew more than 336 hours in a fighter jet before letting his pilot status lapse and missing a key readiness drill, according to his flight records belatedly uncovered Tuesday under the Freedom of Information Act.

The Pentagon (news - web sites) and Bush's campaign have claimed for months that all records detailing his fighter pilot career have been made public, but defense officials said they found two dozen new records detailing his training and flight logs after The Associated Press filed a lawsuit and crafted new requests under the public records law.

"Previous requests from other requesters for President Bush's Individual Flight Records did not lead to the discovery of these records because at the time President Bush left the service, flight records were subject to retention for only 24 months and we understood that neither the Air Force nor the Texas Air National Guard retained such records thereafter," the Pentagon told the AP.

"Out of an abundance of caution," the government "searched a file that had been preserved in spite of this policy" and found the Bush records, the letter said. "The Department of Defense (news - web sites) regrets this oversight during the previous search efforts."

The records show Bush, a lieutenant in the Texas Air National Guard, was ranked No. 22 in a class of 53 pilots when he finished his flight training at Moody Air Force Base in Georgia in 1969.

Over the next three years, he logged 326.4 hours as a pilot and an additional 9.9 hours as a co-pilot, mostly in his the F-102a jet used to intercept enemy aircraft.

The records show his last flight came on April 1972, which is consistent with his pay records that show Bush had a large lapse of duty between April and October of that year, a time he says he went to Alabama to work on an unsuccessful Republican Senate campaign. Bush skipped a required medical exam that cost his pilot's status in August 1972.

A six-month historical record of his 147th Fighter Interceptor Group, also turned over to the AP on Tuesday, shows some of the training Bush missed with his colleagues during that time.

Significantly, it showed the unit joined a "24-hour active alert mission to safeguard against surprise attack" in the southern United State beginning on Oct. 6, 1972, a time when Bush did not report for duty, according to his pay records.

Bush's lone service in October came at another air base an Alabama, where he sought temporary permission to train away from his assigned squadron.

As part of the mission, the 147th kept two F-102a jets ? the same Bush flew before he lost his flight status for skipping a required medical exam ? on ready alert to be launched within five minutes warning.

The records also indicate Bush made good grades, scoring an 88 on total airmanship and earning perfect 100 for flying without navigational instruments, operating a T-38 System and studying applied aerodynamics. Other scores ranged from 89 in flight planning to 98 in aviation physiology.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethieverycorp
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: More Bush National Guard papers released [Re: Learyfan]
    #3104975 - 09/07/04 08:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

That is a funny-ass pic... :rotfl:

--------------------

OnlineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: More Bush National Guard papers released [Re: thieverycorp]
    #3105141 - 09/07/04 09:07 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #3105155 - 09/07/04 09:09 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:rotfl: :rotfl: i havent read the article yet, but that pic is fucking hilarious :thumbup:

OnlineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: More Bush National Guard papers released [Re: Tao]
    #3105189 - 09/07/04 09:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, that one's quite popular today huh? It is pretty funny.

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #3106079 - 09/08/04 12:17 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The records show Bush, a lieutenant in the Texas Air National Guard, was ranked No. 22 in a class of 53 pilots when he finished his flight training at Moody Air Force Base in Georgia in 1969.

I feel good that our number ONE was number 22 back in the day, but ehh, it really isn't a big deal.

Quote:

requests from other requesters

funny wording

Quote:

Significantly, it showed the unit joined a "24-hour active alert mission to safeguard against surprise attack" in the southern United State beginning on Oct. 6, 1972, a time when Bush did not report for duty, according to his pay records.

I mean this is nothing against Bush, I just think its funny that the army thought the South was worth protecting. I live here, there's not much an attack would do that would make it worse, maybe knock some trees down and kill some cows, but c'mon.......

Quote:

The records also indicate Bush made good grades, scoring an 88 on total airmanship and earning perfect 100 for flying without navigational instruments, operating a T-38 System and studying applied aerodynamics. Other scores ranged from 89 in flight planning to 98 in aviation physiology.

Bush scored a perfect in something, I bet that grade went up onto the refridgerator, hell I bet he still has it framed.....

I mean, this article doesn't really do harm to the president, and believe me, I SEARCH for that shit. I guess it still kinda pisses me off that he did actually go to Vietnam, but hell, that makes me a hypocrite cause I'm sure as shit not going to Iraq..... But then again, I'm not the president that brought his country into war, know what I mean?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: More Bush National Guard papers released [Re: Skikid16]
    #3107871 - 09/08/04 02:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You can beat him up all you want for avoiding Vietnam (I, myself don't blame him, I would've been a 'nuck if I had to) but it is really stupid to belittle his fighter pilot achievement. It is incredibly difficult and I seriously doubt that 1% of us could have done it, ever. It is a bona fide accomplishment that deserves respect. It doesn't per se qualify him to be pres, but it is still impressive, and he is not running on a platform of "I was a fighter pilot so you should vote for me."

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Re: More Bush National Guard papers released [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3108650 - 09/08/04 05:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Dude, I know that many times I'm very "tounge in cheek" but my above post was honest and without sarcasm. I said nothing to belittle his fighter pilot accheivement. I really was impressed he got a perfect.

And didn't I say "that while it pisses me off that he didn't go to Vietnam, I can't really critizise him because I'm sure as shit not going to Iraq" . I just think its ironic that people are touting him as a war time president, that never has seen a DAY of combat of his life. Just odd how people will back party lines regardless of candidate, but can't say I'm not guilty of it a little myself, hell I don't like Kerry, but I sure as shit am gonna vote for him. Lesser of two evils.

And to all you damn Libertarians, yeah, I know, it doesn't have to be a choice between two evils, yadda yadda yadda. Its called reality, you can face it, or you can do your part in giving Badnarik his <1% he will receive.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3108713 - 09/08/04 05:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If I think B has the slightest chance of a snowball in New York I'll vote for him because, like you say, I think he is by far the lesser of two devils.

Sorry if I misinterpreted you but it sure seemed way sarcastic to me, butsarcasm is hard to read in print. The inflection is all important. Then again "I bet that grade went up on the refrig...... can't really be construed as anything else, can it?

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Re: More Bush National Guard papers released [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3109651 - 09/08/04 08:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm just contrasting that to his grade average he recieved at Yale, I can't find the exact average, but it is reported he was an "average C student" , imagine if you were an average C student and you got a perfect, especially on what you stated was a hard test, I'm sure you'd be damn proud, and rightfully so. I admit that the "going up on the fridge" was a little sarcastic, but all in all, it was a truthful post, and I appreciate your response.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Loc: SOUTHLAND
    #3110481 - 09/08/04 11:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"I just think its ironic that people are touting him as a war time president, that never has seen a DAY of combat of his life. Just odd how people will back party lines regardless of candidate"

you mean like when the anti war crowd throws their support behind kerry when they should despise him for 1 going to viet-nan 2 admittedlty commiting war crimes and 3 for supporting the war in iraq

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: More Bush National Guard papers released [Re: CRAZYFUKR]
    #3110506 - 09/08/04 11:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

you mean like when the anti war crowd throws their support behind kerry when they should despise him for 1 going to viet-nan 2 admittedlty commiting war crimes and 3 for supporting the war in iraq

One thing I stil haven't seen anyone say on these boards is that Kerry would make a good president. Kerry's an ass, like most politicians. That being said: he would probably fuck things up at least a little less than Bush is doing, so I can understand people who want to vote Kerry just to get Bush out.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3110601 - 09/08/04 11:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Did I not say both sides are guilty?

At least the anti war protestors can identify with Kerry, considering his testimony to congress upon return from Vietnam.

The hawks have no such connection with Bush.... I mean, it was hard work protecting Alabama from those rouge Cubans, some of those rafters are fucking ruthless....

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Re: More Bush National Guard papers released [Re: trendal]
    #3110609 - 09/08/04 11:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i agree, but my point was that there are sell-outs on both sides blinded by ideology.

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

#3110630 - 09/08/04 11:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"Did I not say both sides are guilty"
no

At least the anti war protestors can identify with Kerry, considering his testimony to congress upon return from Vietnam

i'll give you that buthe still supported the war in iraq, before he voted against funding it, so they are still sellouts

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3110712 - 09/09/04 12:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Did I not say both sides are guilty"
no

You're correct, I said I was guilty of it as well, sorry to assume the shortcomings for the entire left.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion