Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Need Weilii advice from the pros
    #3089853 -

I am unsure what tactic to use: ride a bike through a prime neighborhood and look very good, , OR drive slow and scan lawns , missing most of the pinestraw beds and other areas.

I guess the BEST would be find a spot producing weilii and then search it on foot... but when you have nothing to go by, I wonder what is best...


how common ARE weilii really? I live right where they were discovered. Have they moved out of the area and to some outer regions going away from cherokee county? or are they the strongest still in cherokee?


if I know how to target them, would it be best to go by car or bike ?

edit:
also, would it be best to stay here in cherokee/fulton area or drive to some of the outer counties 15-20 mins away?

Edited by 2Experimental (09/04/04 01:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need Weilii advice from the pros [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3089869 -

niether, get out and walk. just look around relaly well taken care of lawns. wait till after the rains from the hurricane. Wait like 3 days or so afterwards. Then search on shady hills of well kept lawns.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need Weilii advice from the pros [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3090141 -

I agree. Next Thursday or Friday should be wonderful for finding weilii.

If you have a dog... there you go. Pack that fucker up in the car and take him in a walk in a neighborhood that's 2-10 years old. Weilii tend to like the grasses that are very well manicured, bight green, not any of that shit with weeds everywhere.

Weilii should be going crazy within the next month, so keep an eye out on those lawns. Walking is definately the bestway to go, that way you get to scan the whole lawn. Be sure to check near phone poles, utility boxes, and fire hydrants. Weilii LOVE shade.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need Weilii advice from the pros [Re: Gumby]
    #3090444 -

Yes, definitely DO NOT miss next thursday and friday. The local news says atlanta is gonna get 4 inches or so of rain spread out over 3 days!

We're in for some serious rainfall. Just in time to kick off the season HARDCORE.

Edited by I2ancid (09/04/04 08:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need Weilii advice from the pros [Re: I2ancid]
    #3090446 -

Theres also going to be a good temp drop during those 3 days including dark clouds for most of the time, no bright sun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need Weilii advice from the pros [Re: I2ancid]
    #3090451 -

wedsday is getting down to 78 degree's HIGH! That's a first for a long time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need Weilii advice from the pros [Re: I2ancid]
    #3091044 -

I cant wait! This is gonna be fun. Im goin hunting with rancid and shroomerjon today, so I hope I get lucky and find some :smile:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need Weilii advice from the pros [Re: ShroominDawg]
    #3091120 -

^^ Good luck. I know I'll be out there next Friday. Weilii here I come.


--------------------

"It is only those who do nothing who make no mistakes."
-Peter Kropotkin


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need Weilii advice from the pros [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3093301 -

thanks for the info all, no doubt I felt the cold front come in, still here, and also the rains to come this week.. this will be the first big fruiting of weilii to start off the season 'for sure'... but I wonder:

... I could spend an hour walking through a failrly large neighborhood scanning very well, OR I could scan the main part of hundreds more lawns in a larger area while driving slow... I guess it is a matter of odds, but for a noob, how common ARE weilii? would it not be best to drive and if perchance I spot some THEN do a walk through the hood? or are they hit and miss where only 1 lawn in an entire neighborhood will have weilii, or will you find them on nearby lawns as wel?... this expert info is what I seek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need Weilii advice from the pros [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3093364 -

As far as how common they are... haven't quite figured that one out yet. Normaly if you find one lawn producing weilii, there will be more in the subdivision.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need Weilii advice from the pros [Re: Gumby]
    #3093427 -

still no answer as to if 'odds' are better walking and spending your entire time in 1 neighborhood, or spend the same time in many hoods?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need Weilii advice from the pros [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3093649 -

I'd say driving. Look for clusters of mushrooms, not singles. Weilii love to grow in clusters or groups. The only time I find them growing singly is that occaisonal random weilii in the summer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Psilocybe weilii : The offical "Fall 2004 Season"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 34 35 )
Gumby 79,342 688 12/07/04 03:11 PM
by hot48yearolds
* Weilii Time!
( 1 2 all )
The_Red_Crayon 6,218 22 09/04/03 11:44 AM
by Gumby
* weilii ID help please - lots of them
( 1 2 all )
nonsence 7,880 33 10/15/02 07:48 PM
by viscid
* PICS from this weekend (TONS of Weilii) Gumby 2,487 16 11/08/04 08:27 PM
by findaway29
* Ps. weilii lawn variety (PICS) Lizard King 3,363 16 06/02/02 01:27 PM
by doo
* Weilii look-alikes smooth420 4,270 14 10/21/02 06:55 PM
by Lizard King
* How to look for Weilii splifftoter 1,237 8 06/16/04 10:36 PM
by Gumby
* Another Weilii Update Anonymous 1,260 12 10/02/03 03:47 PM
by joeshitragpicker

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,223 topic views. 2 members, 59 guests and 27 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.