Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Loc: in a jar of blue honey
sleep paralysis/possession
    #3092379 - 09/04/04 06:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Last night/very early this morning I had a dream that I was in a woods and there was a presence that was beckoning me to follow it. The woods felt very old and as I came closer to where the presence was telling me to go, more and more of the trees surrounding me were dead. Also there was a fog that became more and more thick. The trees continued to look more decayed with age as I progressed through the woods. I then found myself in a field and an old worn down house lay in the center of it. I went into the house and began walking up a stairway. There were very old paintings of people on the wall along the staircase and then on the walls of the hallway at the top of the staircase. A fearful presence became more and more strong as I continued walking. At the end of the hall there was a very large painting of a woman and a closed door next to it. The woman in the painting was fairly young looking(maybe late teens, early 20s) but as I stared at her she began to age and wither until she looked as though she was hundreds of years old and then her arm reached for me and the door next to the picture violently swung open. I opened my eyes and my body was paralyzed and my mouth was moving very fast speaking a language that I did not understand in a voice that wasn't mine. I could not tell if I was still dreaming or awake. I felt as if I was fighting with every ounce of my being to take my body back. I regained control of my mouth and tried to scream my girlfriends name hoping she could snap me out of it but only a very low noise escaped my mouth. Slowly I was able to move my body again but for several minutes afterwards I felt as if something was fighting with me inside my mind and body. I then remembered that my girlfriend was out of town for the weekend and that I was alone. Now I am not trying to say that I believe some evil spirit was trying to take over my body or anything like that as I am aware that sleep paralysis is a very common occurrence as well as the old hag syndrome. Basically I am curious to hear others viewpoints and experiences with similar phenomena. I have experienced sleep paralysis before but never in a way that was this vivid or frightening and it has definitely sparked some curiosity for me of this experience. I have read over several different takes on this from various spiritual, mythical and psychological web sites and now I would like to hear the psychedelic communitys take on it.

--------------------
-----------
herbs are fun

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: sleep paralysis/possession [Re: mushroomspoon]
    #3092394 - 09/04/04 06:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

definetly a nightmare. Sleep paralysis (hag riding) is when you wake up or at least dream that you are lieing in bed and are unable to move. You had trouble moving in a dream, which is a different situation. Dont worry too much about it , difficulty moving or speaking in dreams is very common.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Re: sleep paralysis/possession [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3092430 - 09/04/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hmm. I am fairly sure that I did wake up and in the waking state I was unable to move. I awoke once the door swung open. While I was dreaming and walking through the forest and going up the stairs I had no problems moving around. Once I opened my eyes I realized that I could not move my body and that I was speaking a language that I could not understand. I have had several dreams in the past where I did have trouble moving and speaking as well as past experiences with sleep paralysis. This recent experience doesnt have me worried at all. It has just sparked a great curiousity on others experience with old hag syndrome.

edit: I have also had dreams that I was experiencing sleep paralysis and then from there actually awoke in a state of sleep paralysis. I have just never had this occur in the manner in which it happened last night with the old lady.

I found a reference in which someone experienced this sort of thing a lot more frequently after long nights of being awake on either cocaine or ecstacy. Anyone ever found a link with the two?

Edited by mushroomspoon (09/04/04 07:24 PM)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3092706 - 09/04/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

my experiences with sleep paralysis began when i was about 16 years old... i would wake up from (normally) a dreamless sleep, unable to move. i could feel a "dark" presense on my chest.

i would have many of the same feelings as you had; trying to yell, small noise escaping instead of regular voice. undoubtedly awake, and even when it subsided, i am already awake, there is no waking up. i wasnt dreaming.

at times i would feel my "life force" being pulled out of me, as if it were a succubus on my chest draining me physically. this happened when i was with my girlfriend, sleeping at friends houses, and when i was alone.

i wasnt doing any drugs at all at the time. i was how ever, being forced to go to church and church functions, and i was severly not impressed by the hypocricy around me. i even participated in a lot of things just so they would leave me alone.

perhaps it was inner guilt for partaking in the hipocritical actions with the people whom i didnt like?

side note: when i would awake, i would have shallow scratches on my chest, back neck, and face usually. they resembled cat scratches. (i had no animals at the time they occured). they were successivly frequent for about 3-4 weeks, perhaps? and then they would abruptly stop for a short time, then reoccur at the same rate.

at the time i thought it was demons, or dark spirits/forces.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Re: sleep paralysis/possession [Re: Todcasil]
    #3093043 - 09/04/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

in your experiences with SP did you ever have visual or auditory hallucinations Like seeing a woman or small child hovering above you or a demon like creature standing next to you? Any sense of a forced sexual experience?

--------------------
-----------
herbs are fun

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#3097297 - 09/05/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This has happened to me too. Many times, but not recently. It's horrible! Once I was falling in and out of sleep in a car with my family, nodding in and out as one might do in class. And it keeped happening, over and over. I just wanted to scream to my family to slap the hell out of me, but I couldn't..because I couldn't move.
For me it was always straight forward, I just can't move. I don't feel like my energy is being drained or something, I simply have no control. At least that's how I remember it after the fact. Man..it's freaky. You just have to ride it out.
You should look into the meaning of the forced sexual experience feeling.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom