Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRiderGZ
Stranger
Paralyzed During Sleep
    #1580985 - 05/27/03 11:23 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hello,

Throughout my life there are moments when I wake up from a nap or sleep I will not be able to move any part of my body, not even my eyes. My eyes are left open and the paralyzing effects set in. My first experience with this is when I was young child in my mothers room when I woke up and couldnt move my body and paniced. My mother was right next to me in the bed sleeping, I tried to talk but could not move my mouth at all and I started to cry but no tears. I was fighting inside to re-gain control of my body. When I broke free from this, I felt as if 3 tons were taken off me. I put my head on my mother and cried. She comforted by saying that it has happend to her during her life also. Other experiences when I would be locked in my own body with my conciscious still running as if I was awake for as long as 30 minuties. (all experiences would last for atleast 10-15 minutes) Some say that the witch was riding me...Which I don't believe at all. It has to be something different from just something as simple as that. This is one of the things that I keep in my closet except to my mother. What shocked me while writing this is that I actually have the urge to cry by just talking about this, but there is this thing in my head that is telling me to not cry and to stay strong because I would be letting this thing defeat me.(sounds crazy but thats what i feel)

These paralzying awakens you can say are acute. This doesnt happend everyday but will happend you can say 1-3 times everyone 2-5 months.
I am not traumatized by these experiences but it comfort me to find out if anyone else is going through these scary experiences.

Well I was planning on writing more dark experiences but I have to go.

Thank you for reading--
Sorry for mispells. No time for spell check.
-RiderGZ

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Paralyzed During Sleep [Re: RiderGZ]
    #1581147 - 05/27/03 12:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You might have been experiencing some OBEs down set at the end of your sleep, this has happened to me a couple of times but at the beginning of the sleep or after the first sleeping phase but always when ending the OBE.
For people not understanding what's happening, the experience can be frightening.
I have a few questions,
Can you remember what your dreams were, right before you "wake" in that state ?
Have you ever tried visualizing yourself floating outside your body while in that state ?

Well, the thing i normally do is to concentrate on breathing slowly, even if you think you're not really doing it, it will help you focusing and returning to yourself.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineRiderGZ
Stranger
Re: Paralyzed During Sleep [Re: MAIA]
    #1581199 - 05/27/03 01:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

No I cannot remember the dreams before my wake and no I havent tried visualizing my self float outside my body. That would freak me out even more. What is OBEs? I would like to know more about this. Does visualizing floating outside my body will help me? What is the purpose of floating outside my body while in this paralyzed state?

OfflineRiderGZ
Stranger
    #1581215 - 05/27/03 01:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ahh OBEs is Out of Body Experiences.. Well during this state I do not feel as if I am leaving my body. When you experience this do you "float" around? How does it feel if you do this?

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
    #1581260 - 05/27/03 01:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

**heh heh** Its called sleep paralasis quiet common to me I have had them for many years now , not lasting for as long as you say though. What can I say there are a lot of paranormal theorys (OBEs ,Alien abduction,Spiritual possesion, Blah blah, & blah) if you want to scare youre self stupid surf all the sites that do this.
Or read up on the complexities of sleep itself, I think the switching mechanisim in the brain from REM to other sleep states is the thing here. When you go into REM the body must paralise itself so when you are dreaming you dont hurt youreself take narcolepsy this is a disorder where the paralasis kicks in while the victim is awake and they are fully consous but drop to the floor I think the brain becomes semi-consous before the paralasis wears off.
So next time it happens dont panic tell youreself ''You will come out of it"
I find the more you panic the louder youre head rings & the longer it lasts.
So relax and try to fall back to sleep.
Youll get used to it.

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Paralyzed During Sleep [Re: trev]
    #1581362 - 05/27/03 01:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sleep paralysis symptoms are very similar to a specific phase of OBEs.
Try reading this page and pay attention to the links at the bottom.
And btw, you don't need to be scared at all.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Paralyzed During Sleep [Re: MAIA]
    #1583227 - 05/28/03 01:00 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ahh...sleep paralysis, definately.

I get it atleast once a month.

So far in all my life, there hasnt been one single time I havent been 100% frightened.

The less I resist, the more intense the energy gets.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1583538 - 05/28/03 02:35 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Do not fear it! If you can overcome your fear and don't fight it, you can use the experience to your advantage- you can have a very interesting experience while your body doesn't do what your brain tells it.

I have had a very interesting experience while my body was paralyzed. I began to go with the flow and medatate in bed, focusing on my 3rd eye. My eyes suddenly went into REM but I was fully contious. I felt a strange fear barrier while medatating, something like; You must not pass this point! Everything after this is uncharted terratory!

I overcame the fear and found myself immersed in the most soothing feeling. My mind was filled with throbbing energy and I felt wonderful. It's hard to explain, but I know I could have had a full oobe if I wanted to go farther.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology