Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethoth_the_moth
Entheopharoah

Humans as awareness-increasing tools for others?
    #3021504 - 08/19/04 02:16 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

It is very painfully obvious that most individuals never escape their animal self. They go through life without ever questioning their consciousness or the societal rules set forth by humans of equal value. They never gain their own true opinions...just the fundamental opinions of the past.

This has me wondering whether some peoples' only purpose in life is to aid in the development of those who do question consciousness and are most likely more aware of the 'true reality' that ordinarily is masked by our constant state of serotonin-induced reality.

I know that some of you probably believe that everyone is equal and that life purposes are just a product of freewill...but isn't it possible that some people are subconsciously just acting as tools for those of us who are arguably more aware (via tripping, meditation, lucid dreaming, etc.)? We are all so drastically affected by our environments. None of us would be who we are today if it wasn't for conflicts with the predominately oblivious societies that we live in. I honestly believe that most peoples' sole purpose is just to collectively construct a harsh environment for us (the more aware) to thrive in.

Do not get me wrong, though. I think that this purpose in life is just as valuable as any other, although I wonder if being more aware in life has benefits in death. So many questions...

What do you all think?

--------------------
Thoth

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Humans as awareness-increasing tools for others? [Re: thoth_the_moth]
    #3021568 - 08/19/04 02:33 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Some people go through life like that, because they like it that way. Or, they believe they don't need to question anything because Jesus and God have already saved them. They are just living until they go to heaven. That's the be all, end all.

Some think: Why burden your mind with all this existential, consciousness crap when it doesn't change how I eat and sleep and need money?

Wouldn't you think that if everyone was 'aware', we would all thrive? True, a harsh reality breeds doubt and questions about existence, but if we all questioned this, wouldn't that further us as a species, benefiting us all?

Whether being more aware in life has benefits in death, there's obviously no way of knowing... But, how 'aware' can one be? Can you figure out the puzzle, being fully awake and aware of true reality? Maybe you are right now?

Maybe only after death can we be truely aware. Then our ego/physical body will be eliminated, leaving just our consciousness.

You might disagree with this, everyone has different imaginations about what might happen after death.

Thought-provoking...

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlinethoth_the_moth
Entheopharoah

Re: Humans as awareness-increasing tools for others? [Re: Blastrid]
    #3021657 - 08/19/04 02:53 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

I agree that it would be beneficial for every human to be "truly aware" (or atleast my opinion of true awarenss) but since that is clearly not the case in the present, I think that most people aid others symbiotically. I think it is just as likely that those of us who preach of the liberating qualities of psychedelics and meditation also are tools to those who seek nothing more than ordinary consciousness.

I agree that we can only become truly aware after death. Many journeys with Ayahuasca have forced me to believe this. I almost feel certain that we return to being the energy of the universe after death. I will continue to wonder if my experiencing this state in my alive life will be of benefit to me when I die. I've thought (or better yet, worried) that prematurely experiencing this will negatively affect death. I sure hope not...

Evolution always seems to be caused by one fragment of a species doing something differently. I wonder if the oblivious are more advanced for leading simple lives or if the mentally adventorous are more advanced for expanding consciousness.

Thanks for the reply  :smirk:

--------------------
Thoth

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3021733 - 08/19/04 03:12 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

too much happenning here to be pre-occupied with death guessing
only paying attention to a tiny fraction of who you are when the mind sags into that (spiritualism vs spirituality - 2 different branches of mental endeavour).

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
    #3022209 - 08/19/04 07:28 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Oh purlease.

You could be no more aware than a bible basher.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Humans as awareness-increasing tools for others? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3029789 - 08/20/04 08:37 PM (13 years, 3 hours ago)

being 'pre-occupied'(contemplating) with Life/Death is hardly something to ignore, taking a backseat to watching sit-coms, fast-food, or who's in the next blockbuster movie...

Personal analyzation/contemplation on what makes you alive is one of the most important unanswerable questions we could ponder.

Just because it's unanswerable doesn't mean it's unimportant.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Ayahuasca

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology