Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: Frog]
    #2205623 - 12/28/03 02:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

My belief is that we are all made of the same material, i.e., spirit material.

Agreed.

The song I played last night is also made up of the same 'material'...  Music.

The music is sub-divided into similar sub-material as well...  Notes.

Each Note, however, has its own characteristics and frequency traits. 

Although similar, they are not ONE...  rather... MANY.

The fact that we all have similar spirit, makes us FAMILY.

It dosen't make YOU me and ME you.

:eyemouth:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: trendal]
    #2205629 - 12/28/03 02:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

To quote Moby...
"We are all made of stars!"

Using that analogy... sure... But not the exact same ones.

Not every star is the same as our Sun.

Therefore, diversity, exists.

Each arrangement of stars 'paints' a unique picture...

YOU, and only you.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #2205631 - 12/28/03 02:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Right, we are all still separate and have distinct personalities. I like what you said about music, too. This electromagnetic wave thing really has something to do with all this, me thinks.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: Frog]
    #2205636 - 12/28/03 02:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

so how does the em change then when your personality changes??

does this mean that consciousness has a source then???? is it even implied??? esepcially if it can be changed?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: kaiowas]
    #2205643 - 12/28/03 02:15 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

so how does the em change then when your personality changes??

I tried to touch on that using the cube analogy.. I used cubes because it was relative to a 3-D 'snapshot'... and I was hoping people would see that.

does this mean that consciousness has a source then???? is it even implied??? esepcially if it can be changed?

I illustrated that in simple terms as well.

Just go up a few notches ^^^^^^^

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2205644 - 12/28/03 02:16 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, I'm still learning all this, too, but my understanding so far is that our brains emit electromagnetic waves at different frequencies. Someone here once posted a web page that listed all the different frequencies, based on whether you were sleeping, thinking, meditating, excited, etc.

The electromagnetic waves resonated from your brain at 7.8 hertz when meditating, or when psychics are using psychic powers.

Coincidentally, this is the same hertz at which the electromagnetic waves from earth cycle. Earth is made from all that is in space, right? So everything that resonates at 7.8 is probably on one wave length.

I think consciousness exists from all time, ever. It is energy that has been absorbed and emitted over and over, and it probably constantly is all around us, for us to tap into when at the proper brain wave.

I am explaining this simply, because I don't have all the knowledge and jargon that would probably better explain it. If someone feels they can do a better job than me, feel free to jump in.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2205660 - 12/28/03 02:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

wowwies, I didn't even look :frown:

the analogy was great btw. I still have a question and i hope it wasn't implied either , don't want to be too dim-witted now :lol:

what about the different levels of consciousness?? is that the stain glass window?? where does the sub-conscious fit int this scheme.  sorry for asking so many questions but I'm jsut really curious :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#2208180 - 12/29/03 06:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

what about the different levels of consciousness?? is that the stain glass window?? where does the sub-conscious fit int this scheme. sorry for asking so many questions but I'm jsut really curious

The stained glass window does not represent the levels of consciousness; it is like the 'mask' that you put on when you become physical... Like an 'ant mask' or a 'tiger mask'. 

Through   the glass, the light altered  by   the glass is the  image   of what the glass represents. [I'm sorry if that was a circular argument...  Just ask if you still don't get it and I'll re-itterate.....  And NO!  It DOSEN"T MEAN YOU ARE Dim-Witted  I hope I made myself clear that I was just kidding around when I said that... Asking questions is ENCOURAGED !]

As far as I can tell, the levels of consciousness are 'positions' or 'set markers' within a  gradient  of conciousness.

Let's relate this to the 3-D CUBE.

Let's first position the CUBE...

Take the example I outlined, and have the CUBE-system facing you..  So that if you were to look at it from the front, you'd see the inner CUBE with the window, within the second, outter CUBE, facing you.

Now, if the back end of the system were at 12 o'clock, turn it clockwise to 3 o'clock...  You are now looking at the  profile  of the system: where, going from left to right, you'd enter the clear glass, go through the 'fluid medium', reach the stained glass window and be able to enter the second cube.

Coming from a source, light diverges as the distance lengthens from its origin.. So intensity decreases with an increase in length in a straight line.

So going from left to right, in the CUBE, you would notice an increase of light 'quantity' [let's say] relative to how close you got to the source [in this case, the source is coming from the window]

Let's allocate distance units [let's call a unit 'U'] to this.  Suppose, from left to right, there were 10 distance units. As you went left to right, you'd approach 1'U', and further still, you'd reach 2 'U', then 3 'U' until you reached the final 10 'U'.

So, going from 1 'U' to 3 'U', for example, do you see how there is a  gradient increase  in the quality of light?  [ If you don't, please, just say so and I'll be happy to try and explain again ]

So let's say, for argument's sake, that  there were 10 levels of consciousness [10 is a good number],  each one   would be represented by an increased gradient 'bundle', represented as a unit 'U', where each unit 'U' is a further increase of total quality,  but still includes   the previous ones within it's reach [to the left in this example]...  This keeps you 'connected' to 'here', or, your 4-D environment.

Now, let's take this further..

Suppose, that your 'mind's eye' was another, different,  'source of light'  that allowed you to 'look around'...  Can you see how the quality of light relating to your mind's eye is comprimised  the thicker the screen   gets?

What I mean is, the thicker the screen gets [recall, it is ego and other learned 'habits'] the less light passes through. If less quality of light passes through, then its intensity gets shortened also.

Can you see how the thinning out of a huge ego allows the quality of light, of your physical mind's eye, to reach further to the right in this example?  tHEREBY  overlapping deeper   into the gradient of consciousness...

Again, if not, please ask.. I will gladly do my best to explain further..  Don't be shy.

Let's talk sub-conscious...  Like a woofer vs. a Sub-woofer...  The Sub implies DEEPER sounds...  Longer wavelenths... Further away...

I'll argue that the sub-conscious begins where the mind's eye ends... So by 'seeing further', you 'tap into' your sub-conscious more.

If the screen gets thicker as one ages, due to lack of proper 'screen management', you have less 'vision'  as a result.

This brings about a very  interesting concept... 

If 'vision' is entangled with imagination, and you have 'more of it' as a youngster [I'll argue children can have quite vivid imaginations!],  then dosen't it seem interesting, especially because it is in the written records, that  JESUS 'connected' with children on a 'different', perhaps even DEEPER, level ?

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#2210134 - 12/30/03 04:58 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ok...  So I'm now going to include another little 'snippet' into this equation.

This will illustrate something very nicely for you.

The outer CUBE is set in an environment...  A 4-D environment, of  finite   size.

This is observable simply by looking around your physical self... [ I know that bit was obvious ]

So, therefore, finite size refers to boundaries.

Relative to your physical looking around,  you are making observations within the boundaries..  These boundaries have RULES.. as observed by science enthusiasts.

Now...  That is from the vantage point outside of the CUBE.

What about the inside...? 

I did say that it was bigger than the outside; and that the paradox exited only for the outside observer, in terms of the CUBE's characteristics seeming finite.

Ok..  Follow me on this.

Let's change the scale a bit, using a different vantage point..

Suppose the CUBE was like a SHIRT or SWEATER that you were wearing on yourself, where this 'article of clothing' was  apparently the boundary that surrounded what appears to be within ...  AKA ..  YOU...  And the YOU was the light I was refering to in the beginning.

Now, mentally, take OFF the shirt by grabbing it from the bottom and pulling it over your head; so that when you pull it off, it is INSIDE-OUT.

Follow me so far?

What was once your surrounding, is NOW of FINITE SIZE represented within  the boundary of your shirt.

You are REALLY outside of this boundary...

Now, transform that shirt/sweater back into the CUBE and your body back into the light.

You can now see how the light can reach farther than the finite boundaries that it interacts with on the INSIDE of those boundaries.

Now...  The cube becomes a room...  Where, its surroundings, represented as INDIDE-OUT in this analogy, is "the OTHER SIDE".. and is    QUITE BIGGER  !

This is where WE OVERLAP...  Or, the "place" from which we entangle.

And where have I spoken of this... room?

Ah yes....  The "HELL" thread...  :eek:

I'm not done with that thread yet...

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2215599 - 01/02/04 08:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

so you talked about the mind's eye?? where is that positioned?? is that outside the screen????

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2215616 - 01/02/04 08:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Suppose the CUBE was like a SHIRT or SWEATER that you were wearing on yourself, where this 'article of clothing' was apparently the boundary that surrounded what appears to be within ... AKA .. YOU... And the YOU was the light I was refering to in the beginning.

Now, mentally, take OFF the shirt by grabbing it from the bottom and pulling it over your head; so that when you pull it off, it is INSIDE-OUT.

Follow me so far?

What was once your surrounding, is NOW of FINITE SIZE represented within the boundary of your shirt.

You are REALLY outside of this boundary...

I'm confused here, how is the shirt the boundary??

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2215622 - 01/02/04 08:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Isn't everything multi-dimensional?

I would think that depending on how many dimensions there actually are (People seem to think 11 now?), that EVERYTHING would have that many dimensions to it, even our bodies and ice-cubes. Since we can't percieve more than three/four, though, we don't see the rest of everything, but its there.

There's no such thing as a 4-dimensional cube, or even a 3-dimensional cube :wink: Its all 11, isn't it?

or maybe I'm just confused, which is usually the case :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: Strumpling]
    #2216057 - 01/03/04 02:23 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

No, you're right.. in a way..

all the dimensions are connected.. they resonate with and build off each other. So in essence, everything is multidimensional. Just some things focus in a particular dimension to perceive in and contribute to that experience.

A rock, for example, perceives the 1st dimensionm and cannot perceive the second of plants and animals. Now, in a manner of speaking, the rock is connected to the 'divine source of all-that-is' and is a part of existence like everything else, so exists in the 11th dimension simultaneously, since all is one, at the source.

But in the fragmented perceptions of odd dimensions, we fail to see the connection.

So one can really usually only perceive in their dimension and lower..but we do exist multidimensionally, in the highest dimension.. it is just our focus is in 3rd dimension at this time.,

--------------------

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: trendal]
    #2216097 - 01/03/04 02:51 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I remember reading something at the shroomery written by Leary about the Van Allen Belt possibly having an influence on the discovery of LSD.

Male

#2216200 - 01/03/04 04:33 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Picture your cube, but my way kind of.. I had a vision (dmt) of moving forward through a space filled with, what looked like infinite, geometrical 3-d shapes (unless you count movement as 4-d because they were all spinning in there own way) and each one of these shapes is made up of smaller shapes (where your cubes fit in). Each small shape is connected symetrically by a line in an appropriate place, string if you will. I said I was moving forward, maybe I was one of the cubes moving through it who knows that could be death.

Anyway you saw one cube and described it in detail, I saw a space filled with differend geometrical shapes made of the smaller ones you described. You assume (I'm assuming) that there's only cubes, but if you saw them all (like me) you wouldn't of described the one so perfectly. But the way I see it I couldnt go into detail about the shapes that make up the shapes. You saw the quark in the electron, I saw the atom.

The amazing thing about this vision was that it was sooo vivid and finite and you think "a human saw this." or I guess you could say "I saw this" but that's more localized..

So if every atom that's next to another atom can share information at the speed of light that means maybe if you share the same EM waves as the human next to you the atomic particles in your body could pic up on the same thoughts in the other persons particles at the speed of light.

Now think about brain waves: Alpha, Beta, Theta, and Delta. Any giving state of consciousness can be looked at with an EEG machine to detect brain waves. "They" have done some very interesting studies about brain waves while on Ayahuasca. Check this link.. you're going to want to click here.

It's very easy to learn which waves represent which states so I won't go into that. But it is also important to note that music with bineural frequencies attracts the brain waves and the brain waves try to mimic the frequencies sometimes, ever notice when you hear your favorite song you get a body rush? Alpha waves I would presume, as those represent a state of relaxed consciousness.

Edited by psychopsilocyber (01/03/04 04:41 AM)

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #2216788 - 01/03/04 04:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

psychopsilocyber,  you just put a smile on my face !  :smile:

I had a vision (dmt) of moving forward through a space filled with, what looked like infinite, geometrical 3-d shapes (unless you count movement as 4-d because they were all spinning in there own way) and each one of these shapes is made up of smaller shapes (where your cubes fit in). Each small shape is connected symetrically by a line in an appropriate place, string if you will. I said I was moving forward, maybe I was one of the cubes moving through it...

RE- The apparent 'infinite' amount of 3-D shapes... 
There's ALOT of them...  Even if you were to observe a million of them [of all that there are]..  a million would seem like an infinate number to look at.

As for the rest of what you wrote there...  Friend, you 'skipped' a little ahead of my discussion.  Nonetheless,  points for a wonderful contribution of thought!

I find it very intriquing, however, that you saw that with DMT. 

I have never consumed DMT, yet I saw a similar thing.  At this very moment, I feel convinced that 'vision' does NOT have to be substance induced..  And this is good news, especially for those who do not wish to partake in those kind of rituals.

I am now of the opinion that you can 'see this' even from a 'grounded state' [read: sobre]..  It's all about focussing your attention in the right direction..

Anyway you saw one cube and described it in detail, I saw a space filled with differend geometrical shapes made of the smaller ones you described.

I enjoy noticing detail.  I have done so most my life.. I got a VERY   good mark in art class simply because my attention to detail was well above that of my peers.

You assume (I'm assuming) that there's only cubes, but if you saw them all (like me) you wouldn't of described the one so perfectly.

I used the cube only in a symbolic manner to represent 3-D. 

I do not disagree with what you saw... 

You answered it very nicely with the following analogy:  " You saw the quark in the electron, I saw the atom. "

What I was describing, was a small detail of a painting...  You, took ' a few steps back ' and saw more of that paining, less of the detail...  But that's ok.

The reason I "described the one so perfectly" as you say is, simply, because I am symbolically mapping out this CUBE analogy from MY position..  Noone knows the inner workings of my mind better than I.  I cannot speak for anyone but ME. But I DO think that, since we are reasonnably alike, that what I say of myself, can, quite possibly, parallel and overlap with my neighbours:  All of YOU!  

So if every atom that's next to another atom can share information at the speed of light that means maybe if you share the same EM waves as the human next to you the atomic particles in your body could pic up on the same thoughts in the other persons particles at the speed of light.

Although, I don't have a proper word in mind right now [maybe sclorch can help out one day], I am of the opinion that 'communication', VIA overlap, IS available.

Perhaps 'constructive harmonic interference'- type  concepts are a valid focus.

The concept of music, and the playing of, is also, in my mind, valid.

BTW- Very interesting link...  Thanx!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Male

#2216826 - 01/03/04 04:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

>As for the rest of what you wrote there... Friend, you 'skipped' a little ahead of my discussion. Nonetheless, points for a wonderful contribution of thought!

Guilty as charged, but I think I got the main idea.

>I find it very intriquing, however, that you saw that with DMT.

Everything is pran, I'd say DMT is a pretty direct form of pran, since all of your chakra's use a different form of pran (you could say enzymes or neurochems, they're all atoms with different arrangements) The higher the chakra the finer the pran. DMT is made in the 3rd eye so that explains why you can see so much in detail.

>I have never consumed DMT, yet I saw a similar thing. At this very moment, I feel convinced that 'vision' does NOT have to be substance induced.. And this is good news, especially for those who do not wish to partake in those kind of rituals.

With your screen name I assumed you did ceremonial ayahuasca, Santo Daimi is the name of it, your spelling is similar, what does it mean? The substance is in your brain already, so unless you don't have a pineal gland.... It's all how you choose to transmute and from which chakra, you know when they take pictures of your aura the color matches the chakra(s) you're using to transmute.

>I am now of the opinion that you can 'see this' even from a 'grounded state' [read: sobre].. It's all about focussing your attention in the right direction..

I'm sure it's possible, maybe part of me is there right now, or at least connected, but if I wanted to right now I couldn't see that without using memory, which maybe how I saw it in the first place. I'm saying I can't have such a vivid experience just like that, when you smoke dmt your brain waves change dramatically, and I don't have that type of control yet.

>You answered it very nicely with the following analogy: " You saw the quark in the electron, I saw the atom. "

Thanks but I guess I saw many atoms to your quark if you think about it, but these were far more complex systems than protons nutrons and electrons it seemed.

>Although, I don't have a proper word in mind right now [maybe schlorch can help out one day], I am of the opinion that 'communication', VIA overlap, IS available.

Non-local Communication? basically the same as quantum entanglement if that's the word you wanted.

Edited by psychopsilocyber (01/03/04 04:37 PM)

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #2216904 - 01/03/04 05:38 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

With your screen name I assumed you did ceremonial ayahuasca, Santo Daimi is the name of it, your spelling is similar, what does it mean?

I have never consumed that before either.  WOW, that is the name of it?

If I am thinking of the right thing, ayahuasca is a liquid right?  Kind of like a potent alcohol?

My screen name does have an encrypted meaning. It is encrypted phonetically.

As the sum of its parts, or a whole, it is the name I have given to my 'little guardian'...  He's such a cute little buddy...  He absolutely rumbles when he purrrs.  He's an amazing friend!  But he's got a nasty bite!

While differentiating, of it, into the parts, it is my request.

Please do not take offense, but I cannot discuss what those parts mean at this time.

The funny thing with 'Santo Daimi'... 

If the phonetics of it were loosely integrated into the Czech language, it would be:

"Santa..  Give me"  :lol:

That's a true story.

Edit//  BTW.. I have never heard of the word pran.  What does it mean?

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Edited by Deiymiyan (01/03/04 05:40 PM)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2216919 - 01/03/04 05:52 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Demon? Is that why you have a lot of the hell stuff? ...  :pill2:

--------------------
What?

Male

#2216921 - 01/03/04 05:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ayahuasca is a brew made with two plants, Banisteriopsis Caapi and Psychotria Viridis. Sometimes D. Cabranara is used in place of Viridis. No alcohol. They usually get it very concentrated, so that a dose is about 75-100ml. One usually consumes a dose about every hour until they've consumed usually 2-4 doses.

As for pran, I'll just read/write strait from Ram Dass's book "Be Here Now."

Pranayam
One of the manifestations of pran, or life force, in the human body is breathing.... Pranayam is the control of vital force or energy or pran through a series of disiplined breathing exercises.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order