Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: Frog]
    #2204862 - 12/28/03 12:28 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ahh, perfectly cleared up, thank you :smile:

I've had plenty of experience with this. One thing I was talking to Shroomism about the other night is mind/machine interaction (again, see the link to PEAR I provided earlier...VERY interesting stuff!).

This may sound silly to some...but I've noticed that when I am emotionally charged (extremely angry/upset, which is not normal for me) and I attempt to use my computer...all sorts of strange things happen to the system. Crashes spontaneously (where crashes never occur normally) and other strange abnormal behavior. Once or twice I have had to actually get off my computer and wait until I calm down to get back on...or I cant get anything done with the system. It's almost as if my emotion affects the workings of the computer in unpredictable ways - when my emotion is in an unpredictable state.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: trendal]
    #2204867 - 12/28/03 12:36 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I don't have that problem with machines, for some reason, although I am able to project at others and get what I want, quite a bit. But my girlfriend has that problem that you are describing, with printers. I don't know if it's just printers, but recently she told me about a printer that she had to stay away from. (lol)

No, this is not silly stuff. Very true stuff. Has to do with brain waves and electromagnetic fields and stuff like that. (Excuse the scientific jargon.)

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2204872 - 12/28/03 12:39 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well I actually prefer scientific jargon over most other jargon :wink:

I've heard a lot of people say, throughout my life, that they have problems with machines at times that can't be explained by normal machine malfunction.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #2204921 - 12/28/03 01:17 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

This is a wonderfully thought provoking thread !!!  You're all terrific thinkers !!

Here's my contribution..

For this example, let us say that 'pure consciousness' is white light, where each one of us has this light  associated with their own personnal attributes and frequency characteristics   [To prevent anybody from saying: well, if we all have white light, then we must all be one].

Please allow me to 'set the stage' now...

[If you can't follow, you may have to draw this out as I explain it because I don't have a scanner to supply a useful diagram.]

It begins with a light source of white light without observable boundaries, only a gradient of intensity that decreases the further away you get from the source. This light source can stretch VERY FAR, VERY QUICKLY !

In this example, strict observable boundaries are synonymous to a physical beginning and end: a peculiar characteristic of 4-D. 

Around this light source, from the standpoint of an observer, is a maleable cube boundary with a window to allow the light to get through.  The window is a stained glass window.

Around the first cube, is a second cube, with a relatively solid boundary made of a clear material, with a 'fluid in it'.  So the light emited through stained glass window, illuminates the fluid with a specific colour. This new light, is therefore a filtered piece, or "snippet" of the white light source.

The second cube is synonymous to a physical brain. This is where pure conciousness, now reflected as a simpler version of itself, plays. This is physical conciousness.

This, now illuminated, fluid has the ability/potential to pass this new colour through the clear material to it's surroundings. It is quite beautiful to behold.

>>>[Aside- It is interesting to note the following 'illusion' that occurs for the outside observer...  To the observer from the vantage point within the realm of 'physical movement' [4-D], the observation is that of a DISTINCT boundary with some kind of a light source somewhere within it.

However, the light source has NO observable boundaries.

What is inside the first maleable cube is much larger and more complex than what is outside of the second cube made of clear material.

This seems impossible...  But the paradox is only relative to the outside observer of the outermost cube in a 4-D matrix..

From the inside, a parallel universe is in dominion.]<<<

Back to the illuminated fluid...

Relative to its physical beginning, the illuminated fluid passes through the clear material of the second cube without holding anything back.

As one ages, and experiences, an ego begins to form.  This could be represented as a screen that covers the outer area of the second cube. The screen is of a specific pattern that alters the coloured light as it passes through.  This alteration can be seen as learned personality, charm, wit. The screen's pattern also filters what enters the outer cube.

If one gets too set into ego, the screen gets thicker...  So it filters too much and, at the same time, allows less coloured light to emit outwards..

[ Does that seem like a "dim-wit" to you?  :lol:    That isn't an attack on anyone's person, I'm just kidding around here. ]

The potential to change the pattern in the screen exists.  You can, therefore, "program" your brain.

The more you thin out the barrier screen, the closer you can attain the original illumination state.

But care must be taken into consideration...  If you thin out the barrier too quickly -[say, for example: Serious drug abuse]- you add a 'taint' to the original light in the second cube...  You alter how the brain works by shocking it too rapidly.  [A warped sense of reality is the result>>  Read insanity.]  It occurs when you 'bombard' with too much information. There is a limit to the amount of info your brain can handle...  Anything past the critical point will be like stretching a spring past its spring constant...  It won't go back to its original state.

Safe programming takes time, patience and PERCEVERENCE.

As for other animals..  The quality of their pure consciousness is NEVER compromised.  Existing as a different creature simply means that the pure consciousness is filtered by a different stained glass window.  You only see the 'quality of light' emitted by the amount of 'stain' that there is. It is an error to think that they are "lower class". It is simply a different experience. Everytime you infringe upon an animal's well-being,  you are hurting a pure conciousness as complex as yours.

And lastly, others are in a state of "waiting"...  Their stained glass window has been closed by "window shutters".  The white light, therefore, cannot express through in any way. Your perception of them, is therefore, as non-living.

In essence, you should consider respect for everything.

:eyemouth:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2204926 - 12/28/03 01:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Trendal what do you think of "quantum dualities" and consciousness?  If you take a highly materialistic view of consciousness (as I do), then the brain is operating, at least in part, through quantum processes.  If "quantum dualities" exist, one particle affecting its counter-part in a remote space, then a particle residing in the mind could conceivably affect a remote particle.  I'm just wondering if this is even possible.

This book is a good read: "A Universe of Consciousness: How Matter Becomes Imagination"
by Gerald M. Edelman, Giulio Tonomi, Giulio Tononi
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...ks&n=507846

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2204934 - 12/28/03 01:28 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It's almost as if my emotion affects the workings of the computer in unpredictable ways - when my emotion is in an unpredictable state.

*sigh* Do I have to create the "Swami Computer Crashing Challenge"? Your machine crashes because Microsoft has yet to learn how to safeguard memory.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #2205318 - 12/28/03 07:57 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Damn, Deiymiyan, that was really good stuff! I think I need to go lay down for awhile and do some breathing exercises, and think about things.... :thumbup:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: Swami]
    #2205420 - 12/28/03 11:11 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It's almost as if

Note that I didn't say this was definately the case...I only provided it as one interpretation.

Come on, Swami, I know you're better with language than this :smirk:

Also, I did not say that (should this be the case, however unlikely) I had any kind of conscious control over the abnormalities, so any challenge you propose would be pointless. I do happen to understand computers quite well (they happen to be my profession/life) and I am not talking about your regular Microshit crashes...because they did not occur on a Micro$oft OS, they occured on my Linux box :wink:

How often have you seen Linux crash, Swami?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: pattern]
    #2205427 - 12/28/03 11:14 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Pattern, if you haven't already, go take a look at the PEAR site...

Through quantum entanglement and such, I am quite sure that it is possible that our brains affect the world around us. It may not be entirely consciously controllable at this stage of evolution...but who knows? Perhaps in the future we will all have conscious control over these processes.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2205493 - 12/28/03 12:41 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Trendal, I went to the PEAR website some time back, and I couldn't really understand what it is that they are doing. Could you give me a hint?

Also, I've been on another website where people wrote about this phenomenom of affecting computers and peripherals with the electromagnetic waves from their bodies.

Think about it: If we are emitting electromagnetic waves at different frequencies, wouldn't they interfere, at some frequency, with a computer?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2205523 - 12/28/03 12:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

"Through quantum entanglement and such, I am quite sure that it is possible that our brains affect the world around us. It may not be entirely consciously controllable at this stage of evolution...but who knows? Perhaps in the future we will all have conscious control over these processes. "

would someoen explain this to me? it doesn't sit well with me is all I'm saying and maybe a neat explination would do. I think that yes our brain effects our reality, but not sure about physical manifestations

I'm sorry I don't have anything to add but more questions. what about altering consciousness?? that consciousness can be altered, does this mean that the flux of the EM waves would be changed? or just the amplitude of the "wave" changes, or maybe by some other means. if this em thing is true then how would that work???

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2205570 - 12/28/03 01:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Pattern, if you haven't already, go take a look at the PEAR site...

Through quantum entanglement and such, I am quite sure that it is possible that our brains affect the world around us. It may not be entirely consciously controllable at this stage of evolution...but who knows? Perhaps in the future we will all have conscious control over these processes.

Ok good I'm not crazy :smile:

Entanglement is interesting.  I agree its not consciously controlled, but it gives a little boost to the "we are all one" mentality.  Given that all the brains of humans are made of like particles, we could very well be entangled with each other.  Maybe quantum mechanics will explain love.  hehe :stoned:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2205576 - 12/28/03 01:38 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Frog: PEAR has been doing experiments for the past 30 years or so with mind/machine interaction. Their idea is to set up a system (of some form) that is entirely random in it's output (say, a computer randomly choosing + or - over and over again). If the output is truely random, the outcome should be almost exactly 50/50 (with some standard deviation, of course).

They have found that by including a human "operator" in the experiment, who is supposed to sit there and concentrate on one choice over the other, the eventual outcome can be pushed in one direction (with results beyond standard deviation).

That help?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: kaiowas]
    #2205583 - 12/28/03 01:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

kaiowas, have you come accross the concept of quantum entanglement before?

It is not fully understood...but has been experimentally proven. When two particles are in contact with eachother and then removed to separate locations, there seems to be an ability for them to instantaneously communicate over any distance.

Say you create two photons in your lab. You take one of the photons and move it to the other side of the lab (or the other side of the Earth, galaxy, or even universe). Now if you do something to the quantum state of one of the photons (say cause it to undergo a spin flip - changing its quantum variables) the other particle undergoes the same change at the same time.

This is what we call "entanglement" - the particles seem to be entangled with eachother and communicate using some as yet unknown force.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2205593 - 12/28/03 01:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you, Trendal. That helped A LOT!!

--------------------

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: pattern]
    #2205599 - 12/28/03 01:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Entanglement is interesting. I agree its not consciously controlled, but it gives a little boost to the "we are all one" mentality. Given that all the brains of humans are made of like particles, we could very well be entangled with each other.

We are NOT all one.

..rather..

We are MANY !

Entanglement, just like the sound of the word, seems to imply overlap.

A simple example would be like all of us standing in a line and linking our arms together in chain fashion.  We would have overlap, we would be 'joined' to one another...  In essence we would be sharing each other's personnal space.  But we would not be one and the same.  We would still be individual from our own vantage points.

However, there IS purpose to our overlap.  :lipsrsealed:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #2205602 - 12/28/03 01:52 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

My belief is that we are all made of the same material, i.e., spirit material. God is a spirit. We are made from His spirit. The entanglement theory would make sense. We really are all one.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2205606 - 12/28/03 01:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

To quote Moby...

"We are all made of stars!" :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2205612 - 12/28/03 01:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

^^

communicate???  must...research..I'll report back with finding/ opinions :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: (Human) Consciousness [Re: kaiowas]
    #2205620 - 12/28/03 02:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Good luck, kaiowas! Take plenty of food and drink!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale