Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Mass collective consciousness question
    #2923338 - 07/24/04 12:21 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It seems that a few people round these parts believe that all human consciousness is interwoven and that we will/do all experience each other somehow.

How does this work? Is it limited to humans alone - the species is somehow linked together for some reason. Well, does it work with other species? How bout between humans and other species? When I look at a living creature, usually an animal ( as plants are a bit different in this case ), I see how we are extremely similar and think of how the animals is a very warped version of me, or vice versa. We can make most of each others proteins and chemicals and such after all.

It is likely that all life came from clay aggregates, so maybe collective consciousness is linked to that very beginning all Earth life shares.

I can't help but think that -if- collective consciousness is a reality, then I am going to experience every single living being. And yet, if its somehow limited to species - what about things like mules. Do they somehow have a collective consciousness? Wouldn't they share in both donkey and horse consciousness then?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Mass collective consciousness question [Re: vampirism]
    #2923341 - 07/24/04 12:23 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

what do you mean experience every single living being? My understanding of this subject doesn't include that at all.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass collective consciousness question [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2923347 - 07/24/04 12:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, so then how does it work?

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#2923352 - 07/24/04 12:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

If we are all a collective mass, I'm not part of it and never will be. I don't feel and don't want to feel any of you.

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2923354 - 07/24/04 12:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Um, you should go read something that explains it from the ground up cause if I start talking with your current ideas on the subject, we'll just both end up confused.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass collective consciousness question [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2923364 - 07/24/04 12:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

damnations

ld50:
you don't have to feel any of me to be connected.

and note: I don't quite =believe= this, I want to explore it as I don't have a very clear idea of what it would mean at this point.

As I understood it, one view on collective consciousness was that all humans are one human consciousness filtered through into a human, one at a time, and that each particular human was also linked to the major consciousness at the same time.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2923443 - 07/24/04 01:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I can't prove it, but I believe that we're all one being experiencing ourself through different earthly forms.

It's possible that all life forms have access to all information but that in order for us to play the roles that we've created on this physical plane we had to limit the amount of knowledge each lifeform could take.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #2923449 - 07/24/04 01:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Smoke DMT and you'll begin to understand.

The collective consience of humanity is infantile and uncoordinated,hopefully it can be brought to maturity with the wide spread use of hallucinogens especially DMT before the religious lunatics manage to destroy us all in the name of armageddon.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Mass collective consciousness question [Re: Hanky]
    #2923470 - 07/24/04 01:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think of it as a grid... a network if you will of subconscious/unconscious awareness and interaction. If you could imagine it visually it would look similar to that wavy thing in the background of the DMTWORLD sig hanky has..

The way I see it working is that the collective consciousness of humans is one thing, but there is also a collective concscious for the rest of nature too.. maybe there are like seven levels of consciousness in the natural world like element, mineral, plant, animal, human, alien, god.. or something like that. And while each 'collective consciousness' has a different 'signature vibration'.. in the grand scheme of things they are all connected to each other just like everything is.. and together they created the "mass collective conscioiusness"

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass collective consciousness question [Re: Shroomism]
    #2923479 - 07/24/04 01:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

does it do anything?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2923483 - 07/24/04 01:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, it connects all-that-is. Without it I don't think we would feel much in terms of exchanging energy.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass collective consciousness question [Re: Shroomism]
    #2923490 - 07/24/04 01:47 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hmm

but i dont feel much in terms of exchanging energy :frown:
am i left out or somethin

Hmmm
what if its the Universe's brain? Hell, my brain is nothing but a linking organ, a switchboard for my nerves

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2923501 - 07/24/04 01:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ya that wasn't a very coherent explanation.. I just woke up :tongue:

the universe's brain is a good metaphor.. like neurons we are

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2923504 - 07/24/04 01:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, if you think of it, Marrowmind, an

And individual human is to civilization as a human cell is to the human body.

Are your body's cells aware that they are part of a bigger life form?

It is certain that most people are only slightly aware that they are part of a bigger massive collection of life because of our limmited sences. Just like cells share the same aura of the whole body, so do a human auras interact with each other and add up to one collective human aura.

Basically, from a big enough perspective, we have spread across the world like mold, each person a small part of a bigger whole which is becomming more and more like one collective life form. There are instances of unconscious mental connectiveness between people because we are all part of the same blob creature.

This is becomming more true, specially with our technical evolutions.

Thanks to modern tech like the internet telephone and satelites, individuals and groups are able to communicate like a huge nerve system.

The highways are like a massive body's circulatory system, or more like a myceliumish circulatory system where one or more nuclei travel at extremely high speeds in a shell (car). It's easy to see what I mean if you have ever seen an areal view of a major city with all the cars endlessly pouring in and out on the highways.

A fungus has many nuclei running between mycelium, they are free to go between a huge network of mycelium strands. We see this all as one clump of mold, but it is actually many intricate things grouping up into one massive blob of living shit.

There is also the massive pattern factor of how in the morning a city fills up and becomes most active; at night, it empties into the surrounding suburbs. Each building is like a hive where people live, work and produce like clockwork. Even outside the city, in small towns, people commute to thier local job in the mornings or afternoon and at the end of the night the buildings are generally empty. Because humans are very loosly bonded as a single life form, there are all kinds of random things going on that are too much detail to get into now.

Each person has the freedom to do anything, but it is this massive collectiveness that kind of keeps us in check. Our minds and bodies are our own, but we add up to something that is a thing on it's own that we are a part of. It is undeniable.

This idea is common in nature. A colony of ants is more like one loosely put together collection of critters. Instead of one multicellular creature, a group of multicellular creatures develops and they work together. Eventually, the creature cannot live without the rest.

An ant separated from the colony quickly dies, it has lost it's body.

The fact is we are very connected on the level that we are all parts of one big and rather interestingly shaped blob called civilization.

We are inseparable from each other and very tightly bonded together. Even if someone disagrees with the collective and is miserable with it, they usually still reside within it because it constantly pulls us toward it.

One persons aura is part of collection of auras (cellular auras) and most people don't even see those auras. Individual people together in a group all make up a group aura. It is very likely that information, especially moods and conscious states can be transferred over these fields. It all adds up, in the end into a single spirit for every collective group of life.

It is true that most life on this planet shares the same aura with each other. There may be many pockets here and there that can be brighter or duller depending on various factors, but it all connects anyways.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #2923519 - 07/24/04 02:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Perhaps it also feeds your subconscious mind with the experience of 'others' ...

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2923604 - 07/24/04 02:47 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

but i dont feel much in terms of exchanging energy
am i left out or somethin

If everything is connected then no one is left out. You just aren't tuned in as much maybe. I guess everyone is tuned in to different degrees.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology