Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2146 | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160 | 2161 | 2162 | 2163 | 2164 | 2165 | 2166 |
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Generic] * 7
    #29686065 -

hello Everyone! sorry for the late reply been hetic over here, been a while since ive been able to grow but i still have my grow lab prepped and waiting for me! ive found it so much harder when you dont live where you grow! ive moved into a new house tho with my new (ish) GF (been together about 18 months) getting thru my divorce was rough almost killed me, damn near lost my legs too, been stable on methadone now for about 2-2.5 years. been spending most my time lately working on AI systems i just made a post going into more detail about that here https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29685890
lets see i was asked what my favorite mushroom to eat was id have to say Pan Trop or one of the hybrid with trop in em like PHV or Nec D, i also really like psil subtrop and Pan split dose. so whats been new in the world of pans? anything big i should be caught up on? im sorry i didnt get to respond to everyone by name but it made me feel good to see everyone sayin hi! ill do my best to keep dropping by and checking out what everyone has going on! MUSH LOVE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419] * 2
    #29686219 -

First time tackling pans (ttbvi). Got a spore swab and absent mindedly swabbed it on 1.5% plates, only later remembering that lower nutes are reccomended for them. I’m probably good and this isn’t anything to overly worry about, right? And can later just transfer to lower nutrient plates.

Edited by eilauver (10/04/26 11:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: eilauver] * 3
    #29686237 -

eilauver said:
First time tackling pans (ttbvi). Got a spore swab and absent mindedly swabbed it on 1.5% plates, only later remembering that lower nutes are reccomended for them. I’m probably good and this isn’t anything to overly worry about, right? And can later just transfer to lower nutrient plates.



You are correct, they will grow fine on higher nute plates but they grow denser and it makes it harder to see if there is anything unwanted on the plate. With pans on low nute plates you also might get both dense and thin growth and you want to go for the thin growth to increase your chances of getting a culture that doesn't overlay.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29686516 -

Thanks for confirming. I’ll prep lower nutrient plates when there’s something to transfer and see how it goes on there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419] * 2
    #29686694 -

Jakeoncid419 said:
getting thru my divorce was rough almost killed me, damn near lost my legs too, been stable on methadone now for about 2-2.5 years.



Feel for ya mate. Been through so many shit relationships that I am SOOOOO thankful my testosterone has dropped low enough I'm not interested anymore. Greatest thing about being an old man is that I cannot be swayed by their womanly wiles. :strokebeard2: I now have 5 years and 5 months clean from most destructive addiction I ever had, women with BPD... :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: ghiajake]
    #29686712 -

lol yeah i feel ya my methadone dose is 340mg a day so my test lvls are pretty trashed lol i was taking test cyp for a while but i ran out a few months ago and have not reordered and now im getting fatter and fatter lol, my new woman is a really good one tho but like all women she got emotions in spades lol but im really happier than ive ever been in that department looking back i cant believe i got as upset as i did over my bitch of an ex wife lol, maybe i just wanted an excuse to bang carfet all day every day lol. i really do miss growing im hoping im able to get a few tents running over the winter all depends on how much money im able to pull in from my AI systems as i need to re up on manure and i can no longer get the kiln cooked manure as needed i have to send a full dumptruck about 2 hours away to pick it up so it costs about $500 to get it and the right manure really does make such the difference lol ill prolly need all new cultures by the time im ready i doubt any of the ones i have will still be good. btw is anyone in the market for a PCR machine?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 3
    #29687051 -

Baba Yaga said:
Congrats, keep us posted about the cloning :rockon:



Took a few samples today. However, the stipes were hollow, the inside of the stipe was the outside of the stipe, no isolated center. So, more than likely I'm bringing the bacteria with them. I took a few just to increase odds.

I cut off all the caps and I'm hoping to get 4 prints. I wiped the stipes with 3% peroxide. I followed Fahts Easy pan cloning but since the stipes were hollow, I just did what I could with one plate just having a whole stipe thrown on it cuz fuck it lol.

All are on water agar. I plan to put all transfers through a cabin, 2 if needed.

4 drops of blue coloring to remind myself hat the plates are water agar.


- Thank you Baba & Faht for recommending Water Agar
- Thank you kloakk for recommending to leave the plates in the SAB for a few days unwrapped for condensation to evaporate. These are the nicest plates I've ever poured.


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z] * 1
    #29687181 -

Some interesting results lately. Both of these are the same genetic culture - TTBVI that fruited on agar and was cloned. Oats was used as the grain for both.

Two cultures were spawned to coir, horse manure, composted cow, & verm, and fruited in 2 different types of warm water bath fruiting chambers.

Two others were spawned to coir, verm, and worm castings and fruited in an unmodifed monotub and an unmodified shoebox.

Manure sub, water bath FC (81 degrees) with holes in lid + sides of tub, and automated misting every 30 minutes for 5 min:




Manure sub, unmodified water bath FC (81 degrees) with lid cracked sideways. Hand misting once or twice per day:



Worm castings, unmodifed monotub with lid cracked sideways. Temperature kept at ambient room temp (75), hand misting once or twice per day. First pins appeared today, after about 7 days, which is 50% faster than the other tubs. I expect to see this covered with pins in the morning. No signs of overlay:




Worm castings, unmodified shoebox. Same as above but lid lifted to allow a small gap around perimeter rather than cracked sideways. First pins about a day behind the monutub. Picture is prior to casing, with first pins poking through:



These results are very unexpected and I wonder if the difference is the Worm castings instead of manure. I would not have expected the FC with high temps and max airflow to have perform the worst and the FC with everything opposite, perform the best.

Edited by SignedinStranger (10/05/26 08:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #29687233 -

Jakeoncid419 said:
lol yeah i feel ya my methadone dose is 340mg a day so my test lvls are pretty trashed lol i was taking test cyp for a while but i ran out a few months ago and have not reordered and now im getting fatter and fatter lol



Have you looked into using ibogaine therapy? Our President in the US signed an Executive Order recently opening up the US for ibogaine research and trials, especially for veterans.

Jakeoncid419 said:
my new woman is a really good one tho but like all women she got emotions in spades lol but im really happier than ive ever been in that department looking back i cant believe i got as upset as i did over my bitch of an ex wife lol, maybe i just wanted an excuse to bang carfet all day every day lol.



Yeah, they can be calming if you find the right one. I just have a type... I wish that type was sane, rational women. But alas I am not that lucky...

Jakeoncid419 said:
i really do miss growing im hoping im able to get a few tents running over the winter all depends on how much money im able to pull in from my AI systems as i need to re up on manure and i can no longer get the kiln cooked manure as needed i have to send a full dumptruck about 2 hours away to pick it up so it costs about $500 to get it and the right manure really does make such the difference lol ill prolly need all new cultures by the time im ready i doubt any of the ones i have will still be good.



Sounds like you're in a spot to go with the CV+ method your fellow gurus are doing. Or hell, go edibles just to get back in the game. Have you grown Cordyceps militaris much?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: SignedinStranger]
    #29687251 -

SignedinStranger said:
Some interesting results lately. Both of these are the same genetic culture - TTBVI that fruited on agar and was cloned. Oats was used as the grain for both.

Two cultures were spawned to coir, horse manure, composted cow, & verm, and fruited in 2 different types of warm water bath fruiting chambers.

Two others were spawned to coir, verm, and worm castings and fruited in an unmodifed monotub and an unmodified shoebox.

Manure sub, water bath FC (81 degrees) with holes in lid + sides of tub, and automated misting every 30 minutes for 5 min:




Manure sub, unmodified water bath FC (81 degrees) with lid cracked sideways. Hand misting once or twice per day:



Worm castings, unmodifed monotub with lid cracked sideways. Temperature kept at ambient room temp (75), hand misting once or twice per day. First pins appeared today, after about 7 days, which is 50% faster than the other tubs. I expect to see this covered with pins in the morning. No signs of overlay:




Worm castings, unmodified shoebox. Same as above but lid lifted to allow a small gap around perimeter rather than cracked sideways. First pins about a day behind the monutub. Picture is prior to casing, with first pins poking through:



These results are very unexpected and I wonder if the difference is the Worm castings instead of manure. I would not have expected the FC with high temps and max airflow to have perform the worst and the FC with everything opposite, perform the best.




Have to ask if water is pooling in the trays in the first automated tub cause I feel like misting every 30min for 5min is too much. At least sounds too much, don't know how heavy the mist is and so on. Have you checked the

Looking alright though!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: SignedinStranger]
    #29687254 -

SignedinStranger said:
Some interesting results lately. Both of these are the same genetic culture - TTBVI that fruited on agar and was cloned. Oats was used as the grain for both.

Two cultures were spawned to coir, horse manure, composted cow, & verm, and fruited in 2 different types of warm water bath fruiting chambers.

Two others were spawned to coir, verm, and worm castings and fruited in an unmodifed monotub and an unmodified shoebox.

Manure sub, water bath FC (81 degrees) with holes in lid + sides of tub, and automated misting every 30 minutes for 5 min:




Manure sub, unmodified water bath FC (81 degrees) with lid cracked sideways. Hand misting once or twice per day:



Worm castings, unmodifed monotub with lid cracked sideways. Temperature kept at ambient room temp (75), hand misting once or twice per day. First pins appeared today, after about 7 days, which is 50% faster than the other tubs. I expect to see this covered with pins in the morning. No signs of overlay:




Worm castings, unmodified shoebox. Same as above but lid lifted to allow a small gap around perimeter rather than cracked sideways. First pins about a day behind the monutub. Picture is prior to casing, with first pins poking through:



These results are very unexpected and I wonder if the difference is the Worm castings instead of manure. I would not have expected the FC with high temps and max airflow to have perform the worst and the FC with everything opposite, perform the best.



WC’s have always done better than manure, ime.  The reliability and lighter bio load than manure is more user and iffy culture friendly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z] * 1
    #29687261 -

Lo-Z said:
All are on water agar. I plan to put all transfers through a cabin, 2 if needed.

4 drops of blue coloring to remind myself hat the plates are water agar.


- Thank you Baba & Faht for recommending Water Agar
- Thank you kloakk for recommending to leave the plates in the SAB for a few days unwrapped for condensation to evaporate. These are the nicest plates I've ever poured.





Hope it's working out. Mycelium can even grow out of a bacterial blob.

:popcorn:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 2
    #29687379 -

@Baba Yaga

Here is a close up of the first tub. No pooling, just some overlay. Should be able to clean most of that up for the second flush. It does seem like a lot of misting, but the tub has alot of holes and the hose connection for the mister is located below the trays. Maybe not the best location for it but just playing around with different things. Probably overthinking it, but the theory is better mixing and air exchange.



@Fahtster

Yeah, I think I am sold on WC's. I got the idea from one of your posts actually. I used 1 cup WC to 35 grams coir, and 1 cup verm to 100 grams coir. I did not use any liquid fertilizer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: SignedinStranger]
    #29687386 -

Curious to know how the two different ratios perform.  The liquid ferts take some of the load off the WC’s as using higher amounts make the substrate super dense as I’m sure you’ve seen with that 1 cup to 35g coir tray.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster]
    #29687695 -

Yeah just an echo and coir mix then case huh? I still got my tents already set up with foggers timers all programmed vented outside with then grow lab temp controlled it’s about 20 min away from where I’m living not being able to check on things a few times a day is a hit tho def jumps up my failure rate, I suppose for some test trays I could run it the $500 delivery still gets me about 6k trays cour is significantly more expensive, but running 6 k trays takes longer than I keep the manure good for so I used to sell off a good bit of the sub mix.  Yall hit 7 day turnarounds for each stage with wc/ccc mix? What’s this I’m hearing about liquid nute runoff? You gotta prime it or something?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419] * 1
    #29687720 -

Basically the fertilizer makes the cv an available food source and the castings, along with it being a food source brings the biome that makes breaking down the enhanced cv a little easier and protects it more from molds (at least these are things I’ve noticed)

I use a 12.5% castings mix.. the rest is the jacked up cv (Cv+)

It does pretty well compared to manure but I find it to be more reliable and forgiving with baccy cultures


I will say that I don’t have a source of hpoo that I know to be aged correctly.. I used hpoo that I bought for a long time and worked great when it worked.  Idk how viable the castings route would be scaled way up but if I had a reliable source of hpoo that was cheap/free, I’d probably go the sterilized route (I pasteurize)

I use vermis terra castings which are pretty cheap for the quality and size you get.  Scaled up, it probably be pretty expensive compared to a good source of hpoo that you can more than likely get close to free.  The reliability from the castings mix is pretty nice tho.  Zero guessing as to whether or not it’s going to be the exact same every single time

As far as the turnaround, the times are the same.  I get colonization in 3-4 days (1:2) with pins coming in 2-3 after that (with healthy cultures).  The next wave comes on immediately following the one before it.

Edited by fahtster (10/06/26 07:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster]
    #29687724 -

Out of curiosity, anything different to keep in mind if doing chocolates with pans? Obviously you can go lower in ratio due to the potency. Was wondering if there were any other insights.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Huskies]
    #29687735 -

I have ground pans for capsules. Whenever I did that some of the stems would just bounce off of the blades and not get any smaller than a handful of millimeters.

If you keep those in your chocolates it might make dosing a little inconsistent. I usually just sifted when I was making capsules.

Probably won't make a huge difference but something to keep in mind when you're making the chocolate


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29687748 -

just be quick air is your enemy more than anything else have your liquid chocolate rdy then grind em immediately stir in and set. i used the 000 capsules and would stuff them as full as possible that was my favorite way to take em nice and easy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #29687751 -

Huh, with pans oxidation when ground up is higher from your experience? Noted


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2146 | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160 | 2161 | 2162 | 2163 | 2164 | 2165 | 2166 |

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 396 24 10/09/26 04:34 AM
by RealityGlitch
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 82,063 1,775 10/07/26 04:28 AM
by Noah Keeper
* The Official Outdoor Grow Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 56 57 )
Stipe-n CapMDiscord 52,709 1,139 10/08/26 06:11 PM
by Wedgie
* Serratia marcescens (presumptive) biofilm in humidifier Acid-Fast 5,722 0 10/04/16 09:21 AM
by Acid-Fast
* Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? rob_531 4,763 12 01/10/05 12:33 PM
by agar
* Copelandia "Pan" Cyanescens sancho 5,495 6 09/07/07 10:00 AM
by suave
* Re: look at these copelandia cyanescens they are beautiful Anonymous 5,655 2 12/25/99 07:16 AM
by sean123
* which tek for copelandia cyanescens (spore print)? FfF 8,047 10 08/26/04 05:44 AM
by hawksapprentice

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,309,485 topic views. 10 members, 193 guests and 188 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.026 seconds on 16 queries.