Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1596 | 1597 | 1598 | 1599 | 1600 | 1601 | 1602 | 1603 | 1604 | 1605 | 1606 | 1607 | 1608 | 1609 | 1610 | 1611 | 1612 | 1613 | 1614 | 1615 | 1616 |
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Saxifrage]
    #29681515 -

Wicked, any ID on the mold for future reference?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: logarithmic_rhythm] * 1
    #29681607 -

logarithmic_rhythm said:
Wicked, any ID on the mold for future reference?



Above my pay grade, all I can say is that ain't healthy cube myc. I'd recommend focusing on what good looks like vs identifying specific contams.


--------------------

:crankbowcloud:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Saxifrage]
    #29681652 -

yeah the white molds can be a real PITA to try and ID without growing out which... not recommended lol.

Speaking of growing out... idk wtf this is but it's the most ominous looking plate I've pulled in awhile. I get plenty of white molds and the occasional green but this is new.



you know it's bad when I parafilm a contam plate before binning it. whatever that is looks like it'd fuck me up.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rasmodius] * 2
    #29681670 -

:flamethrow:
:flamethrow:
:flamethrow:
Rasmodius said:





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29681728 -

langten69 said:
:flamethrow:
:flamethrow:
:flamethrow:
Rasmodius said:







:flamethrow::flamethrow::onfire:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29681770 -

:glittershitz::shitstorm::firecum:


In the interest of staying on topic, mail day, so got some new stuff to plates.

KSST (probably KSAT?), early gates, makilla gorilla, stone producer. Mix of dry agar, castellani, and smash wedge, so a bit of everything.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Edited by Rasmodius (09/30/26 04:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29682121 -



Thought it was interesting how the growth from these transfers is super rhizo from side of the wedge that was the leading edge of the previous culture. When taking a wedge, should I cut just behind the leading edge and then have the other two cuts go into blank agar vs towards the center of the culture?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29682328 -

MSS > AGAR  A little heavy handed on a couple woopsie. Sorry for blurry photos I need to clean up the hard water stains in these next PC.

All the same type, thinking I should make xfers from first pic since it has the smallest and least busy amount of mycelium?







Agar was PC'd on 9/13/2026 and none of my extra containers have shown signs of contam.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: FerengiTrader]
    #29682349 -

Those all look good. Donโ€™t neglect top left of picture three, that is dense. Getting the most uniform as well from first pic is smart. I tend to 2x my agar transfers as well, but I make 70ish at a time. Need to make more actually.

What is your plan, agar to grain then bulk? Agar to li?

What sort of genes are these?


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Huskies]
    #29682379 -

Huskies said:
Those all look good. Donโ€™t neglect top left of picture three, that is dense. Getting the most uniform as well from first pic is smart. I tend to 2x my agar transfers as well, but I make 70ish at a time. Need to make more actually.

What is your plan, agar to grain then bulk? Agar to li?

What sort of genes are these?



When you say top left of picture three, since it's already touching the sides of the container is that okay? I read that the sides have higher contam rate. Although if no contams look present or if present then I guess continually xfers would clean it up...?

Plan is agar to grain to bulk, yes. I want to eventually make LI, but still working on SAB technique.

Genes are GHOST which I believe is an albino golden teacher.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: FerengiTrader]
    #29682454 -

Yeah it is, should be at least. Some of that advice comes from regular agar plates, that are most likely to contaminate around there if the seal isnt good. Not really a scenario for your reusable ones. At least when I tried making regular agar plates, they all contaminated at edges first due to crappy tape job.


LI is convenient, as long as you have a truly clean plate and sterile water in a jar. It's not for making a master culture for longterm storage, more like use now.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Huskies] * 3
    #29682549 -

My first attempt at cabin sequestration.


I received a beautiful smash wedge from the wonderful Nerdo and definitely contaminated it with bacteria myself trying, with much difficulty, to fish it out of the bag with a scalpel. I have a pair of tweezers set aside specifically for this kind of thing, but I just forgot to use them :facepalm3:

So in an attempt to fix my mistake I thought I'd try my hand at cabin sequestration. I can't say my first attempt was all that graceful, but hopefully I managed to keep all the nasties under the roof of the cabin. If not, I'll make some more plates and have another go of it. I considered trying trenching, but my plates always have so much condensation that it would have been more like a moat than a trench.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: GymnCarrey] * 4
    #29683207 -

Whaddup Agar fans, a couple of clean T-1 plates for the eyes to gaze upon.  :laugh:

The T-2 Estero was for shits and giggles, I don't believe it was dirty, but the Bisporus just went to T2... that one may have a touch of mold, or old spore flakes that transferred over, but I'm just having a good time with it really.  All the best... no stress...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29684057 -

I feel like I still really have to practice taking pictures of plates. Never really feel like I get what I want :laugh:



Quite tomentose, but to me nothing really seems off-off. Thinking of maybe taking a transfer from 7 o'clock. But might also send some to see what's up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: eilauver] * 1
    #29684062 -

These guys are getting transferred tomorrow.  Left is some bisporus I'm really excited to try out, middle x7x+ that's looking good from a tiny clone sample, and some great wild ochra on the right.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: eilauver] * 2
    #29684077 -

eilauver said:
I feel like I still really have to practice taking pictures of plates. Never really feel like I get what I want :laugh:



Quite tomentose, but to me nothing really seems off-off. Thinking of maybe taking a transfer from 7 o'clock. But might also send some to see what's up.





At least that's what I would do :strokebeard:


--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29684087 -

Vhagar Brown



Albino Eungella Australia Swab plate, bottom right seemed to have been cloned gill sample, but the rest might've been actual spores. Gonna try to transfer over 11 o clock.



This is Coyopolan Mexico, I still have another swab I did with the print. Pure mold, or weird mycelium?



Another plate



--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Huskies] * 1
    #29684239 -

That coyopolan looks like mold to me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bluescreen] * 2
    #29684265 -

Definitely mold

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bluescreen]
    #29684293 -

bluescreen said:
These guys are getting transferred tomorrow.  Left is some bisporus I'm really excited to try out, middle x7x+ that's looking good from a tiny clone sample, and some great wild ochra on the right.





I'm tempted to put some of the bisporus to a half pint of grains; it's one transfer from spore, what do the experts think? Ah I know, I'll send it and see :rockon:. Gotta get some of these trays Faht's using.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1596 | 1597 | 1598 | 1599 | 1600 | 1601 | 1602 | 1603 | 1604 | 1605 | 1606 | 1607 | 1608 | 1609 | 1610 | 1611 | 1612 | 1613 | 1614 | 1615 | 1616 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 69 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 73 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,838 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,390 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,007 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,703 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,325 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,939 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,239 topic views. 13 members, 208 guests and 143 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.044 seconds spending 0.025 seconds on 16 queries.