Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | 4017 | 4018 | 4019 | 4020 | 4021 | 4022 | 4023 | 4024 | 4025 | 4026 | 4027 | 4028 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: hamloaf]
    #29682320 -

Most of the time for new growers its bacteria


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushroomsKnow]
    #29682321 -

MushroomsKnow said:
Blended fresh mushrooms for a friend who has no teeth in cold water it looks like everything oxidized is there even a point to him trying it to me it seems obviously inactive!




Water apparently oxidizes it quickly. If you are storing it for hours, bad idea.

If it was immediately, should be good.

Check this out

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ea31b767e4ae053d67bd0f5/t/67b8c32e1a912828a18955a2/1740161841345/RCL-2024-Lemon_Tek_Study-web.pdf

Orange Juice might be a safer option.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29682322 -

fontinalis666 said:
Fiet said:
fontinalis666 said:
The whispy stuff on the left looks bad, the whiter myc cluster on the right looks good. I'd try to get a small piece of the leading edge as far away from the moldy looking stuff and transfer it. Could also try a josex poke




What is the Whispy stuff exactly? I found more plates with it Shit...



The whispy unorganized growth is usually mold




Interesting mold that doesn't looks brown ore yellow just white.

I ask myselfe what goes wrong I pressure cooked the Agar and the dishes hmm.... Bevore this tek I pressure cooked the dish with the agar in the same dish so not seperat... Tomorrow i make it again with hopefully no mold transfer again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29682361 -

Huskies said:
MushroomsKnow said:
Blended fresh mushrooms for a friend who has no teeth in cold water it looks like everything oxidized is there even a point to him trying it to me it seems obviously inactive!




Water apparently oxidizes it quickly. If you are storing it for hours, bad idea.

If it was immediately, should be good.

Check this out

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ea31b767e4ae053d67bd0f5/t/67b8c32e1a912828a18955a2/1740161841345/RCL-2024-Lemon_Tek_Study-web.pdf

Orange Juice might be a safer option.



Thanks for linking that paper, I will be rockin the OJ from here on out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: hamloaf]
    #29682367 -

hamloaf said:
I wouldn’t say on every grow, however it is normal and common. Sometimes the substrate just can’t sustain the amount of fruits a given mycelial network will throw.



I find it very common, or to be expected with some cultures but not with others. It's like some cultures always get too eager to pin and then they figure out; ups, no go ... I have one ape culture like that, lot's of pins, but only 1/3 end up actual fruits. At the end the result is stil app 50g's harvest per 1L of spawn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29682378 -

Fiet said:
fontinalis666 said:
Fiet said:
fontinalis666 said:
The whispy stuff on the left looks bad, the whiter myc cluster on the right looks good. I'd try to get a small piece of the leading edge as far away from the moldy looking stuff and transfer it. Could also try a josex poke




What is the Whispy stuff exactly? I found more plates with it Shit...



The whispy unorganized growth is usually mold




Interesting mold that doesn't looks brown ore yellow just white.

I ask myselfe what goes wrong I pressure cooked the Agar and the dishes hmm.... Bevore this tek I pressure cooked the dish with the agar in the same dish so not seperat... Tomorrow i make it again with hopefully no mold transfer again.



A lot of molds start white and then turn colors once they sporulate, or rather, they start producing spores that are colored. It does look like the mold is eminating from the rim of the dish, so it's probably from handling the plate during your transfer/wrapping it. I wipe my hands with ISO very frequently during SAB sessions in an effort to minimize physically transferring contams with my hands.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: koma23]
    #29682407 -

koma23 said:
hamloaf said:
I wouldn’t say on every grow, however it is normal and common. Sometimes the substrate just can’t sustain the amount of fruits a given mycelial network will throw.



I find it very common, or to be expected with some cultures but not with others. It's like some cultures always get too eager to pin and then they figure out; ups, no go ... I have one ape culture like that, lot's of pins, but only 1/3 end up actual fruits. At the end the result is stil app 50g's harvest per 1L of spawn.



Ime that's why i clone for medium fruits. From what ive observed theres a link between water supply and abort ratio for t thirsty cultures.  Try a bit more bulk sub on that ape culture and report back


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29682432 -

Hello all, I'm a beginner cultivator, and after reading many threads I have some questions...

For context I have cultivated once before using the uncle bens tek (I know I know) and after being pointed to this site I want to cultivate the "proper way" using agar, grain jars, etc.

It seems like everyone has their own way of doing things and I'm not sure which route I should take...

Here are my dumb noobie questions:
For agar should I use plastic or pyrex petri dishes?
Which type of agar should I use and does it really matter?
Especially dumb question: When inoculating grain with agar, do I just take a small wedge and drop it in the jar? Or do I peel the entire culture off the plate and drop it in?

Also, I currently have a golden teacher LC syringe, but I'm curious about growing other species and varieties in the future:
Is there some kind of database or thread that compares the effects and feeling of different species and varieties? (I have heard of some mushrooms producing more visuals, less visuals, more goofy trip vs more introspective trip etc. etc.)

Thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: No.Leopard] * 1
    #29682440 -

Check this thread out


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29682443 -

Guess I'll elaborate too

Use plastic petris, glass is expensive and cumbersome

Try and get telephone brand, but anything additive free should work

Dont use the whole plate, a wedge or several small chunks will do

Not sure about the last one, trips are subjective personal experiences, and cultures can very widely. Seek out ones that sound interesting and see how they effect you


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: No.Leopard]
    #29682446 -

No.Leopard said:

For agar should I use plastic or pyrex petri dishes?
Which type of agar should I use and does it really matter?
Especially dumb question: When inoculating grain with agar, do I just take a small wedge and drop it in the jar? Or do I peel the entire culture off the plate and drop it in?

Also, I currently have a golden teacher LC syringe, but I'm curious about growing other species and varieties in the future:
Is there some kind of database or thread that compares the effects and feeling of different species and varieties? (I have heard of some mushrooms producing more visuals, less visuals, more goofy trip vs more introspective trip etc. etc.)

Thanks in advance



Plastic is a lot easier if you are new, glass is a lot more hassle, I use glass because i like a challenge

Use just straight agar agar like these, make sure it has no additives




And yes, you take a wedge and drop it in...super simple

What is the challenge is to make sure that you use sterile techniques when innoculating, practice makes perfect

And I recommend browsing the Psychadelic experience forum and using the search bar to search for specific effects of each variety of shrooms

Welcome to the shroomery

:raisemyglass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: No.Leopard]
    #29682451 -

No.Leopard said:
Hello all, I'm a beginner cultivator, and after reading many threads I have some questions...

For context I have cultivated once before using the uncle bens tek (I know I know) and after being pointed to this site I want to cultivate the "proper way" using agar, grain jars, etc.

It seems like everyone has their own way of doing things and I'm not sure which route I should take...

Here are my dumb noobie questions:
For agar should I use plastic or pyrex petri dishes?
Which type of agar should I use and does it really matter?
Especially dumb question: When inoculating grain with agar, do I just take a small wedge and drop it in the jar? Or do I peel the entire culture off the plate and drop it in?

Also, I currently have a golden teacher LC syringe, but I'm curious about growing other species and varieties in the future:
Is there some kind of database or thread that compares the effects and feeling of different species and varieties? (I have heard of some mushrooms producing more visuals, less visuals, more goofy trip vs more introspective trip etc. etc.)

Thanks in advance



Both are fine. Mostly people use plastic and for a newbie I suggest plastic as you don't have to deal with sterilizing them.

Doesnt matter. But they do differ slightly so you might use less or more.

You throw in a couple of wedges, like 1/3 of the agar plate. More will equal in faster colonization.

Regarding subjective tip experience and different varieties, idk if there is a thread especially about that but I'm going to say one important thing; it's more clone specific then variety/strain. But I do agree that psilocybin and psilocin content isn't all that defines the subjective experience. You can have to clones, let's say one is GT and another is cambodian, same potency, but different experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29682456 -

fontinalis666 said:
Fiet said:
fontinalis666 said:
The whispy stuff on the left looks bad, the whiter myc cluster on the right looks good. I'd try to get a small piece of the leading edge as far away from the moldy looking stuff and transfer it. Could also try a josex poke




What is the Whispy stuff exactly? I found more plates with it Shit...



The whispy unorganized growth is usually mold



Depends... Tons of exotics the mycelium can look very similar to wispy white mold xd

Though if he's growing cubes it's compost junk 💀


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29682466 -

Nah. Its definitely mold.


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29682486 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29682488 -

tryptkaloids said:
koma23 said:
hamloaf said:
I wouldn’t say on every grow, however it is normal and common. Sometimes the substrate just can’t sustain the amount of fruits a given mycelial network will throw.



I find it very common, or to be expected with some cultures but not with others. It's like some cultures always get too eager to pin and then they figure out; ups, no go ... I have one ape culture like that, lot's of pins, but only 1/3 end up actual fruits. At the end the result is stil app 50g's harvest per 1L of spawn.



Ime that's why i clone for medium fruits. From what ive observed theres a link between water supply and abort ratio for t thirsty cultures.  Try a bit more bulk sub on that ape culture and report back



Hm, myb. This particular culture doesn't leave the sub dry and shrunk like PE usually does for instance. When I throw the sub out it's still very much moist. That's at a 1:3 ratio. But I'll give it a 1:5 ratio just to try it out, tnx for the suggestion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: koma23]
    #29682530 -

WTF is this?!

Is this just mycelium growing into the air because of the high humidity?




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: FerengiTrader] * 1
    #29682543 -

Mycelium is always looking for more energy. I'm sure it senses the moisture and decided to go explore. Unless you see bruising or discoloration around it, I wouldn't worry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bigworm]
    #29682605 -

I have a few plates here does this look like gud mycelium or no?? I wasnt able 2 get to them for like 2 r so days so jis wanting some other oppinions. Plate 1





Plate 2



Plate 3


Here is the 3 plates 2gether im in question about


--------------------
New Journal and Grow setup
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29668030

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bigworm]
    #29682606 -

So my GF wanted to grow "Blue Meanies" she was talking about Pan Cyans. I hadn't heard of Pans yet and I got conned into purchasing P. Cubes  Blue meanies.

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

My ignorant self started with Jedi Mind Fuck, PE, P. Cube Blue Meanies, and Pan Cyans.

Everything I've read or absorbed from conversations here is JMF and Blue meanies are just cubes, PE is the only special cube, and pans kick ass.


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | 4017 | 4018 | 4019 | 4020 | 4021 | 4022 | 4023 | 4024 | 4025 | 4026 | 4027 | 4028 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* Re: simple question about laminar flow hoods Anonymous 778 2 04/15/00 11:07 AM
by Anonymous
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,160,245 topic views. 11 members, 120 guests and 201 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.066 seconds spending 0.046 seconds on 16 queries.