Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | 4017 | 4018 | 4019 | 4020 | 4021 | 4022 | 4023 | 4024 | 4025 | 4026 | 4027 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin] * 1
    #29682096 -

0_tonin said:
I don´t know if bringing updates here is the thing to do, maybe I should post my own thread. Please tell me if bringing updates here is becoming annoying.

Yesterday I showed some pics here and a few of you mentioned that surface looked a bit on the dry side, which I had pointed out also.

So today I bought a fine mister and gave it the first mist. Loved the results, super fine droplets all across the surface, instant serotonin release.

Pins are popping and damn how exciting this is.

I had some grain ready to go that could have been sent a week ago but life gets in the middle. Sent another big tub and a tiny one just for the giggles (will probably fail but looks cute)

Also brought some pics of the LC expansion I did 3 days ago. One looks pretty good I think, the other has a sus look to it (AMVP).

My main question here is about the LC, would love to know what you guys think since its my first time ever having LC on my hands other than a bought syringe.

Thanks beforehand! And please tell me to stop bringing updates here if this is not the place for it.

Before misting:


After Misting:




I hope uploading the images doesn´t butcher the quality too much because the mist is very subtle.

New Tub:




after pseudo casing layer:


The mini tub. It´s like 1/4 qt XD






LC, I think ACM looks good, AMVP looks sus, some dark spots, I´m clueless tho




Thanks guys, sorry for such a pic dump




This is more of your own thread situation or evem more so the pic of the day thread situation


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29682097 -

@0_tonin

Just like Belintaf said, you can post your own personal log Here and then if you have questions, you can ask them here and link to your personal log just for organizational purposes :thumbup:

Edited by langten69 (09/30/26 06:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin]
    #29682100 -

0_tonin said:
The mini tub. It´s like 1/4 qt XD








I'm looking at these boxes (they look neat btw) and am wondering how outdated are the side holes at the sub level? I've never used modified tubs and have only ever relied for FAE at the lid (which I do modify) ... Also, don't these holes dry out the sub near where they are placed, drying out the sides too much?

Btw, 0_tonin; Imo the side holes on the small box are totally unnecessary. That box is so small, it should be getting all the fae it needs from the lid ...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Lo-Z] * 1
    #29682101 -

Lo-Z said:
This happened to me to using this agar (below) from amazon. I made LME plates and they stayed watery until they dried like the agar never held onto the water.
would be interested to see what everyone else is using that has on point agar game.







LOL that's exactly what I was using!  Also, I was using distilled water, as usual.  Just poured more plates last night, they're a lil watery, but I'm gonna use em.  Thanks for the help, everyone!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: KeyMaker]
    #29682109 -





Hi,

This looks weirdly contam ore mold? I do a agar transfer 5 days ago.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29682111 -

The whispy stuff on the left looks bad, the whiter myc cluster on the right looks good. I'd try to get a small piece of the leading edge as far away from the moldy looking stuff and transfer it. Could also try a josex poke


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29682126 -

fontinalis666 said:
The whispy stuff on the left looks bad, the whiter myc cluster on the right looks good. I'd try to get a small piece of the leading edge as far away from the moldy looking stuff and transfer it. Could also try a josex poke




What is the Whispy stuff exactly? I found more plates with it Shit...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29682133 -

Blended fresh mushrooms for a friend who has no teeth in cold water it looks like everything oxidized is there even a point to him trying it to me it seems obviously inactive!


--------------------
A recent experience with a heroic dose as per Terrance mckennas philosophy. I have had a life changing experience and I plan to continue to use this healing medicine on a monthly basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushroomsKnow]
    #29682143 -

MushroomsKnow said:
Blended fresh mushrooms for a friend who has no teeth in cold water it looks like everything oxidized is there even a point to him trying it to me it seems obviously inactive!




It Still looks potent to me, im sure it is slightly active, but its just diluted from the water

Edited by langten69 (09/30/26 08:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29682148 -


Is this ready for g2g and s2b?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: g59disso]
    #29682151 -

g59disso said:

Is this ready for g2g and s2b?



Looks/is bacterial. If you want to spawn it, spawn it a low ratio of 1:1 ... I wouldn't bother, but if you have room and nothing else going on, go ahead.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29682159 -

Fiet said:
fontinalis666 said:
The whispy stuff on the left looks bad, the whiter myc cluster on the right looks good. I'd try to get a small piece of the leading edge as far away from the moldy looking stuff and transfer it. Could also try a josex poke




What is the Whispy stuff exactly? I found more plates with it Shit...



The whispy unorganized growth is usually mold


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29682160 -

Thanks brother! Seems to be working for him ✌️❤️


--------------------
A recent experience with a heroic dose as per Terrance mckennas philosophy. I have had a life changing experience and I plan to continue to use this healing medicine on a monthly basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: KeyMaker] * 1
    #29682172 -

KeyMaker said:
Lo-Z said:
This happened to me to using this agar (below) from amazon. I made LME plates and they stayed watery until they dried like the agar never held onto the water.
would be interested to see what everyone else is using that has on point agar game.







LOL that's exactly what I was using!  Also, I was using distilled water, as usual.  Just poured more plates last night, they're a lil watery, but I'm gonna use em.  Thanks for the help, everyone!




You might try boiling it for a little longer when you initially mix the a gar on the stove.  This is what I needed to do when I had a round or two of watery agar.  Mine would set but then if you grabbed them and shook them hard enough they would basically unset and turn into applesauce.

I was advised to try and cooking it longer. And that's what I did. I stirred and boiled it for a few more extra minutes. Making sure there's no boil over.

You can start to see  it get thick. You can definitely feel it when you stir.  Also the agar crystalizing on the side of the pot or pan you're using that's also  a good sign to look for.

  I do that. Every time now and I've never run into the watery agar situation again. And I didn't change brands


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: koma23]
    #29682176 -

koma23 said:
g59disso said:

Is this ready for g2g and s2b?



Looks/is bacterial. If you want to spawn it, spawn it a low ratio of 1:1 ... I wouldn't bother, but if you have room and nothing else going on, go ahead.




Oh yea.  Thats baccy af.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29682177 -

callmehippie said:
koma23 said:
g59disso said:

Is this ready for g2g and s2b?



Looks/is bacterial. If you want to spawn it, spawn it a low ratio of 1:1 ... I wouldn't bother, but if you have room and nothing else going on, go ahead.




Oh yea.  Thats baccy af.  If your gonna try,  i would Top fruit that one.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29682303 -

callmehippie said:
You might try boiling it for a little longer when you initially mix the a gar on the stove.  This is what I needed to do when I had a round or two of watery agar.  Mine would set but then if you grabbed them and shook them hard enough they would basically unset and turn into applesauce.

I was advised to try and cooking it longer. And that's what I did. I stirred and boiled it for a few more extra minutes. Making sure there's no boil over.

You can start to see  it get thick. You can definitely feel it when you stir.  Also the agar crystalizing on the side of the pot or pan you're using that's also  a good sign to look for.

  I do that. Every time now and I've never run into the watery agar situation again. And I didn't change brands



Very helpful, thank you!  With the telephone brand, I use to just microwave a pint of distilled water till it's steaming, add the ager/yeast, and just shake the shit out of it.  It worked fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: KeyMaker]
    #29682307 -

Thanks for everyone answering questions so far! I was also being a little facetious about my 'stupid' questions.


Quick fire------
Are aborts common in every grow? Like can every grow have pin(s) that abort? Is that just normal mushroom behavior?

Or is it more in line with conditions or genetics?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: FerengiTrader]
    #29682316 -

Conditions/contams


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: FerengiTrader]
    #29682319 -

I wouldn’t say on every grow, however it is normal and common. Sometimes the substrate just can’t sustain the amount of fruits a given mycelial network will throw.


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | 4017 | 4018 | 4019 | 4020 | 4021 | 4022 | 4023 | 4024 | 4025 | 4026 | 4027 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,160,758 topic views. 18 members, 189 guests and 169 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.068 seconds spending 0.045 seconds on 16 queries.