Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 912 | 913 | 914 | 915 | 916 | 917 | 918 | 919 | 920 | 921 | 922 | 923 | 924 | 925 | 926 | 927 | 928 | 929 | 930 | 931 | 932
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Kloakk]
    #29679201 -

Did they just poke their way through the bottom on their own? That's a genius idea

Is it just wood chips or did you put something else in there?


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29679271 -

Thanks lol gives me a idea for the felt pots I got from growing weed😎


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Blopblop] * 1
    #29679318 -

Blopblop said:
It’s been getting down to 50*F at night, and it  rained a couple days last week. Normally we have a bit of late summer, this year it felt like Autumn 2 weeks ago.



Yeah it should be a good mushroom year with the somewhat mild summer we had this year. Just found my first pot pin today. Not sure if it's allenii or subaeruginosa lol. Something pulled the tag stick. Likely allenii but time will tell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: the_chosen_one] * 3
    #29681632 -

Updated pick of this nice cluster. that same planter now has pins all over . I  started some plastic 5 gallon pots this year also and nothing up top yet but…..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Blopblop]
    #29682024 -

How did you do your 5 gallon pots? I am wanting to start a couple myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Incidental_farmer] * 1
    #29682171 -

These were alternating layers of grain spawn and wood chips ( and a small amount of coir )around 4” deep. I also added a small layer of potting soil on top. I was worried about rodents so I had them covered with 1/2” wire mesh for a while. I didn’t take notes but I’m pretty sure I used 2 qts. of spawn per pot.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Blopblop]
    #29682195 -

Excellent. Thank you. I have an ovoid culture that I’m struggling to get cleaned up. I’m hoping to get it in wood chips in a pot and let it colonize indoors. Then maybe still get it outside before spring in hopes of a small fruiting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Incidental_farmer] * 1
    #29683918 -

:wave:
Yo I would appreciate the eye of woodlover pros on these specimens!

ID thread: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29683910

Gallery: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/upload.php?action=viewthumb&folder=Woodloving+ID

Additional info:
I seen these mushrooms, somewhere where I used to have cyanescens fruiting. There is a trench of buried woodchips also, leading from the old spot to a new spot where I've got a shit tonne of expanded chips etc.

If someone showed me them, I'd say not cyans: no notable blueing, no wavy cap
But I wonder whether they're just battered or what...















The spot is windswept & sunbleached- so although the morphology is far far off what I'd expect- or what I have seen psil cyan as: they are growing in the EXACT spot I used to have a lavender bush, under which tonnes of cyans used to grow.

I left all the smaller pins, with some straw thrown over them to keep the slugs off hopefully. I'll try and keep them wetter as they mature perhaps, and then update once they're fully grown.

:edit:
nevermind, I think these have been positively ID'd as a psathyrella.

Edited by Lithop (10/02/26 09:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Lithop] * 4
    #29684024 -

I’m not an expert  in these matters ( or any other for that matter) but I’d agree with your assessment: not cyans. The scales on the stipe and icing up top stand out as incorrect. The adult specimens are even more clearly not cyans. I’ve been wrong before, that said I wouldn’t eat those. Pic tax; another barrel planter starting up.

Just an observation; my early pins are all in spots covered with potting soil.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Blopblop] * 1
    #29684049 -

Cheers @Blopblop, yeah I won't be eating them I was just stumped by some of the charcteristics.

Lovely pins in that planter they got that viscid caramel delight going on!
:homerdrool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: cronicr] * 7
    #29685287 -

cronicr said:

Here's a few azure bags , they've been colonized for almost a month but whatever it will be warm enough in a couple weeks to make a bed , u certainly could get away with simple pasturized chips indoors but for such a long process I don't bother fucking around with it , I got thousands of bags I may as well use them.
My brother simply makes grain spawn then spawns direct outdoors to his raised beds and does fine



Over 9 months later lol...gonna hydrate and case and see what happens , kept four azure four cyan bags for 9 months indoors lol


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: cronicr] * 8
    #29685972 -

First psilocybe to pop up in my garden are these Ps. alenii , just found them.  Never seen them before, but i made this patch april of last year... had a feeling they'd show themselves this fall.




they like this big wood chip


and I thought this one was an abort for a second, turns out its a deer pellet...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Generic]
    #29686014 -

:laugh2: deer dung strikes again! At least u didn't give a taste test :uhoh:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: bloodssonnew] * 5
    #29687997 -



weird misshaped cyans. Also I found allenii pins!  Thank you to the generous members who gave me prints.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Blopblop] * 7
    #29688081 -

Niveotropicalis


Also, it's looking like autumn has finally found its way to the Netherlands. One more sunny and warm day and a temperature drop and rains are supposed to come in!
First Cyanescens have been trying to pin after the last rainshower.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Tweeq] * 3
    #29691490 -

Nice! Yesterday was the first rain in weeks in southern Germany.

After this very hot and dry summer, my two small Cyanescens beds have some fruits. Much fewer than last year, but at least they’re still alive.
Another mycelium is present in both beds, see the red circles. It looks like Hare’s foot ink cap (Coprinopsis lagopus).
Can anybody confirm?





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: StanG] * 2
    #29691513 -

Saugeile Kakke! Yeah those Coprinopsis often pop up in wl beds. Seen them fruiting off very small, isolated chips too.

Smoke and a Pancake land is also receiving the heavenly water.




--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown so far
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: StanG]
    #29691662 -

StanG said:
Nice! Yesterday was the first rain in weeks in southern Germany.

After this very hot and dry summer, my two small Cyanescens beds have some fruits. Much fewer than last year, but at least they’re still alive.
Another mycelium is present in both beds, see the red circles. It looks like Hare’s foot ink cap (Coprinopsis lagopus).
Can anybody confirm?








No rain here in the East whatsoever. As always... Woodlover season has ended before it even had a chance to start. Fuck this drought.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 912 | 913 | 914 | 915 | 916 | 917 | 918 | 919 | 920 | 921 | 922 | 923 | 924 | 925 | 926 | 927 | 928 | 929 | 930 | 931 | 932

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* cyanescens GuruMSD 1,484 4 12/23/06 06:22 AM
by hyphae
* Re: Panaeolus Cyanescens Cultivation kbone 3,197 6 08/04/00 09:30 AM
by Anonymous
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2165 2166 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,309,427 43,309 10/09/26 04:37 AM
by Baba Yaga
* Panaeolus cyanescens vs Psilocybe cyanescens
( 1 2 3 all )
JazzMatazz 60,468 43 11/25/14 05:30 PM
by 707godheadcymaster
* Tek for woodlovers - Psilocybe cyanescens ezozo 10,527 3 11/16/04 10:16 PM
by Koala Koolio
* best available wood for woodlovers ? beav 3,078 5 01/30/05 10:04 PM
by beav
* psilocybe cyanescens indoors 4hodmt 8,353 15 01/05/13 05:26 PM
by mushmagic
* Panaeolus Cyanescens theocean06 2,552 14 09/20/04 12:38 PM
by Semilanceata

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
627,367 topic views. 18 members, 142 guests and 150 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.048 seconds spending 0.022 seconds on 15 queries.