Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 |
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29680379 -

bloodssonnew said:
I confess I wasn't sure if this was ultra pampered white mold lol so i risked it n did a smell test :chefskiss:

I am proud to say the komodoxttbvi I been thinking was mold because it was stupid fast is in fact just super happy healthy pan mycelium ๐Ÿฅณ next day off il send sum to grains for funsies



I also have a much much much much omfg pick up da fucking pace the snail is moving faster than u slower kamodoxbvi on a plate I'm cleaning up/ gonna run to compare

For example it takes about 3 days or so from practically nothing transfered to full plate colonization ๐Ÿ’€



:endorse:

That was a good gamble

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: langten69] * 7
    #29680461 -

Quote:
Cakewonder said:
how does one help my anxiety?



Saw your Q in QQQA about anxiety. The thread moved on and this is more of a confessional thread topic so I didn't respond there, but I wanted to reach out about it anyway cause I've dealt with that a lot.

I shot you a DM, but here's most of it in public since I've found that it can end up helping other people not originally in the convo.

Anxiety medication helped. I was on lexapro but wellbutrin is also a common one, trying a couple things to see what works with your body is common. Tooootally normal thing to be on, any doctor is likely to give it the green light.

I had a lot of worries that it would change my personality or make me zombie etc, and for the most part, it didn't. I was the same person, just with less anxiety.

I think about it like lowering the gravity in a weight room. Without practice, the act of lifting huge anxiety feels overwhelming, we don't have the mental muscles to handle it. But the meds turned the gravity down to a level I could handle, so I could start actually recognizing what "normal" feels like, and recognize the mental patterns behind my anxiety, and actually start building some baby muscles. And then as you get better at that over time, you can turn the medicine down and the weight up and actually find the onramp and build up to where you don't need them anymore.

Or stay on them forever. Fuck it. They're cheap, if they make you feel better, great, the medicine works, no need to mess with a process that works.

I also can't recommend therapy enough. I posted a therapist finding tek at one point. It's nice to have a dedicated space, and a dedicated safe person, where you can explore the "why" behind what makes us feel anxious, with somebody who can help break out of the thought patterns that keep us in a loop. It makes sense than an anxious mind would automatically recognize or think about things a certain way. If we had the other perspectives, the other mindsets, readily available, we wouldn't have anxiety lol. So it doesn't make sense that our solo anxious minds would be able to think their way out of the hole, since the patterns of our thinking are what got us in the hole in the first place. So having someone else to talk to who sees from the other side is helpful.

Anyway, wall of text, but that's been my experience, and I'm an open door if anybody in here wants to chat about whatever's on your mind.

Feel free to DM me, no presh to handle shit in public like this, I'm just posting because I know it can be helpful for others. So many of us are dealing with this kinda shit, and it all feels so personal and individual and like our own burden, but when we open up, it turns out a lot of people are going through similar stuff.

We all carry our own heavy stuff, but the load can be shared among friends and the stones can be whittled lighter with time.

:grooving:


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29680490 -

Great write up!

I never in a million years would have thought I would see a write up for finding the correct fit for a therapist on this website. This community is so amazing!


Thank you so much!


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: shroom_fae] * 7
    #29680535 -

I know this is a drug forum, and this may be unpopular, but first...

for anxiety: have you tried quitting caffeine and cannabis? before adding on more drugs?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Rasmodius] * 3
    #29680538 -

Rasmodius said:
0_tonin said:




This is so sick. It took me awhile, I was like hey that looks like a painting on a waaoooooh fuckkk whaaaatt




You Should post this in dalas arts n crafts thread. 

Its very cool:hatsoff:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Generic] * 4
    #29680540 -

Generic said:
I know this is a drug forum, and this may be unpopular, but first...

for anxiety: have you tried quitting caffeine and cannabis? before adding on more drugs?



:begone:

I'm joking, couldn't help myself :muppet:


--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29680543 -

:rofl2:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29680600 -

:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: langten69] * 6
    #29680613 -

Nicotine too. Quitting nicotin cut out like 80% of my anxiety.

Caffiene is much harder to say goodbye to.

And weed? I should probably think about it, but fuckoff :lol:


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: tryptkaloids] * 2
    #29680622 -

Quitting nicotine is where my anxiety starts... :lol:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Belintaf] * 6
    #29680627 -

Been cigarette free for two years now. Was never a heavy smoker/vaper, but I do like it.

I still get the urge for a cigarette, or a pouch, but I understand I just have to say no for the rest of my life :crymeariver:


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Huskies] * 4
    #29680643 -

Congrats, Huskies! Awesome, man. Definitely better not to smoke.

My lungs have never known a life without smoke. I grew up in a smoking household (secondhand smoker) and started smoking around ~13 years old (active smoker).

Iโ€™m that special kind of idiot you see smoking between sets during a workout. Yeah, I admit it. :ohwell:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion. [Re: Mackload] * 1
    #29680664 -

Mackload said:
:letsgo:

my current little grow fading out. want to see a fresh shoebox all bejeweled with water droplets asap :lol:



Haha, will do, Cap'n. But it's going to be a while. I'm starting from spore prints. I don't even have any plates I could send to grain at the moment because I put it all in cryovials. ๐Ÿคฃ. Talk to me in about 6 weeks!


--------------------
-Noku
Eskawata kaya waikiki
HHG
"Shake it like you would a newborn baby" - BeefExtreme

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 4
    #29680676 -

Tons to catch up on but my heart goes out to you Roscoe and I hope with some time you can feel more at peace with your decision. Dealt with a similar situation of having to give away a puppy for reasons outside of my control but not after nearly as much time spent with them and thatโ€™s what really pulls the heart strings reading your post man, you are obviously such a compassionate human being to pour THAT much energy and time into another (not-so-) little fella and try to make it work out and ultimately you are even more of a compassionate soul for recognizing the reality of the situation and involving others into the pups situation. Painful stuff, try to go easy on the bourbon and if it isnโ€™t abundantly clear youโ€™ve got a lot of folks here to maybe help share some of the weight ๐Ÿซ‚


--------------------
๐•ด๐–‹ ๐•ด ๐–๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐–˜๐–Š๐–Š๐–“ ๐–‹๐–š๐–—๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–— ๐–Ž๐–™ ๐–Ž๐–˜ ๐–‡๐–ž ๐–˜๐–™๐–†๐–“๐–‰๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–š๐–•๐–”๐–“ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–˜๐–๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰๐–Š๐–—๐–˜ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฒ๐–Ž๐–†๐–“๐–™๐–˜
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Tri] * 1
    #29680703 -

Since today is also bluescreen's Shroomiversary...



Big hug :hug:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Belintaf] * 1
    #29680754 -

Happy one year shroomiversary, bluescreen!

0_tonin, I'm totally diggin' your artwork!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: 0_tonin] * 2
    #29680769 -

0_tonin said:









Dude 0_Tonin... this inspired piece is better than the original from which the inspiration came from IMO.

Edited by Lo-Z (09/28/26 05:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29680831 -

tryptkaloids said:
Nicotine too. Quitting nicotin cut out like 80% of my anxiety.

Caffiene is much harder to say goodbye to.

And weed? I should probably think about it, but fuckoff :lol:



If u cutt nicotine out of ur life past 6 pm if u go to sleep at 10pm or cut it out at 4 pm if u sleep at 8 pm will help you sleep better and more naturally which in turn will cut out your exhaustion and stress and wants for nicotine which will help with anxiety and more energy in general


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Belintaf] * 2
    #29680833 -

Belintaf said:
Congrats, Huskies! Awesome, man. Definitely better not to smoke.

My lungs have never known a life without smoke. I grew up in a smoking household (secondhand smoker) and started smoking around ~13 years old (active smoker).

Iโ€™m that special kind of idiot you see smoking between sets during a workout. Yeah, I admit it. :ohwell:



He's the guy doing a blinker before stepping in the ring for a training sesh ๐Ÿ’€


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bloodssonnew] * 4
    #29680978 -

You guys, stop about quitting weed, it gives me anxiety. And quitting coffee...

This message brought to you by Big Coffee TM. They say it's bad for you, but who are 'they' anyway? Why don't you have a large coffee and a few joints. What could possibly go wrong? Health is a word. Have a mug.


Sorry guys I'll see myself out. And again much love to you Roscoe, hope you're ok

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 |

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* (YOUR) TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist: Semi Random Expressions of Gratitude for Awesome Confessions :}
( 1 2 3 4 ... 1170 1171 )
PsiloPsychIn 586,501 23,413 10/02/26 07:27 AM
by Spotter
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8717 8718 )
saralove 5,224,825 174,352 10/02/26 11:06 AM
by langten69
* Outdoor Cultivation Idea Smushroom 816 2 03/15/05 02:49 AM
by Smushroom
* Cultivation Humour DadeMurphy 711 12 03/14/05 08:45 PM
by KaptKid
* Brother about to eat a Shroom for the First time. Kotton 654 6 10/08/05 04:36 PM
by Kotton
* first time cultivation questions jusBchill30 381 3 10/20/07 06:40 PM
by jusBchill30
* I've cultivated... zetek 900 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People)
( 1 2 3 all )
BlimeyGrimey 12,625 42 10/05/05 07:06 AM
by JackTackle

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
459,601 topic views. 12 members, 78 guests and 204 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.024 seconds on 16 queries.