Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNeedSomeMagic
Stranger
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #4694197 - 09/22/05 08:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

A contest! Very cool. Thanks for listening.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: NeedSomeMagic]
    #4697378 - 09/22/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

contest? blah n/m i'm going to start ignoring incoherent people.

anyways, the single jar's "white spot" hasnt grown very much, starting to think it might actually be mycelium seeing how it isnt spreading as fast as my previous cobweb mold expierences. its also becoming a brighter white.

anyways, i'm mostly waiting for Workman's analysis of the spores i sent him. til then i'll just hope the jar i have is actually colonizing.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #4699965 - 09/23/05 10:13 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well i have sad news.
the single jar i had going is infected with cobweb mold and no signs of ANY mycelium.

there are 2 jars left however they were innoc. with an LC.

here are pics of the single multispore innoc. jar.

if anyone thinks that this is NOT cobweb mold, but in fact the mycelium of this mushroom plz speak your voice. i plan on trashing this jar tonight. unless someone can convince me its worth saving. the growth is quite "fuzzy", no rhizo that i notice etc.

anyways til then i'm waiting on the experts to attempt to grow this shroom.

adios

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Offlinerockytop83
Ornoth/Myc/ologist

Loc: Rocky-lachians
    #4700058 - 09/23/05 10:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If I was you, I would wait to trash that jar. For one thing, it isnt going to hurt anything if you dont throw that jar out right away. Also, from that pic, it looks like healthy myc. to me.

--------------------

~You know that same rowdy crowd was here last night is back again~

Offlinerygo796
Meat Popsicle
 User Gallery

Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: rockytop83]
    #4700177 - 09/23/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Why would you think that IS cobweb mold...To me it looks like myc but maybe its the picture.

Offlinephlegmbae
PhlegmaticPhlamboyant Phreak
Male
Loc: Ceased to Exist
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: rygo796]
    #4700238 - 09/23/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That looks exactly like mycelium to me. Been a while, but once you see it, you never forget. Not as ropey as you'd like though.

--------------------
I'm a hole in time, in a time that's full of holes

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: phlegmbae]
    #4700363 - 09/23/05 12:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i wish i had something better than a shitty webcam to take pics with.
the ropey strands in the center of the growth make me think its mycelium. however near the edges of it and if you look closely (in person cuz the pics dont show it), it has a very "fuzzy" appearance. also i've had a HELL of a time getting any of these spores to even germinate. i've decided to wait til the jar is 100% colonized because even tho the growth is spreading quickly, its alot slower than most of my past cobweb mold expierences. plus since this is a mystery mushroom spore(s) , there is no telling what the characteristics of its mycelium are. maybe it normally resembles cobweb mold.
i almost forgot the tried and true nature of mushroom cultivation....... patience. once the jar is fully colonized it should be easy to determine if its cobweb mold.
just check the top dry layer of verm. correct?
i remember a post saying cobweb mold will colonize the dry verm and have a very puffy/fuzzy appearance. anyways thanks for the feedback. it might have saved me the agony of trashing a perfectly fine attempt at growing this mushroom to attain more spores (i'm completely out of them now :frown: ) and a chance to observe and study it in more depth. plus get a few pics to show everyone.

the feedback was greatly appreciated.

10-4

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4707753 - 09/24/05 11:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ok, 24 hrs ago i injected 6cc of Hydrogen Peroxide 3% (not diluted) directly onto the only growth in the jar. well so far there's some light yellowing in small spots. other than that its doing well still. and some parts are starting to look similiar to rhizo-myc. if i'm not mistaken h2o2 should have killed any cobweb growth it touched correct? so i'm guessing its all mycelium. maaybe the oxygen boost from the h2o2 made it metabolize better and the yellow is myc piss?
any feedback is appreciated as always.

--------------------

InvisibleQbanMoJo
Mr. Brightside

Loc: OutSide
    #4707851 - 09/24/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

that looks like myc to me. u said u only inoculated in one spot on that one right? I bet a spore syringe that it IS myc. :crazy2:

InvisibleQbanMoJo
Mr. Brightside

Loc: OutSide
    #4707862 - 09/25/05 12:02 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grimocin said:
ok, 24 hrs ago i injected 6cc of Hydrogen Peroxide 3% (not diluted) directly onto the only growth in the jar. well so far there's some light yellowing in small spots. other than that its doing well still. and some parts are starting to look similiar to rhizo-myc. if i'm not mistaken h2o2 should have killed any cobweb growth it touched correct? so i'm guessing its all mycelium. maaybe the oxygen boost from the h2o2 made it metabolize better and the yellow is myc piss?
any feedback is appreciated as always.

ah dude. youre killing the myc. thats why there is myc piss there. :confused: U shouldve just let it do its thing. 6cc is OVERKILL. lets hope it pulls thru.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: QbanMoJo]
    #4707930 - 09/25/05 12:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, just quarantine it (ziplock bag) and leave it alone for a couple days. Not all mycelium is so rhizomorphic. Depending on the growing conditions/strain, it might be fuzzy. I assume you're not cutting any corners with cleanliness, right? (Everything, including you, is and has been as clean and sterile as possible..?) If you're following procedure, it's more likely you're just anxious, vs. cobweb mold.

Of curiosity, what kind of incubator are you using, and what's the temperature in there?

Edited by Land_Crab (09/25/05 12:28 AM)

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4708101 - 09/25/05 01:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

the incubator is a simple plastic container, holds 6 1/2 pint jars stacked. temp is always between 80-84 degrees. i inoculated in 2 points of the jar. the spore syringe was very diluted and only a 3cc syringe at that. i put it in a ziplock bag right after the h2o2 injection. i also did this h2o2 tek with 3cc's in a pf jar (PESA spores incoc.) that had cobweb (identified) and the mold has seemed to die completely and the myc seems to be growing again. considering this i now believe the growth in the test jar IS mycelium. the 2nd spot of innoc. hasnt shown any growth however.

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: QbanMoJo]
    #4708901 - 09/25/05 08:21 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well it seems it is pulling thru.
the myc piss seems to have stopped and the yellow spots are fading back to white.
the PESA jar with cobweb mold is also doing fine. :grin:
the cobweb is dead and the myc seems to be taking over.
from now on i'll use a 1cc h2o2 to 4cc of distilled water as a "mold control tech).

on a VERY happy note, FooManShroom has recieved the spores i sent him. hopefully his expertise will be successful in growing this mystery mushroom so it can be identified or given a name (if it is a new strain or species). hopefully the bluish greening of the stem is a sign it is active and not a sign of toxicity. i've heard some mushrooms bruise green if they are toxic (muscarine etc). Workman's sample is on the way and if it is a new strain or species he has the permission to be the first supplier to offer it in microscopy kits.

the thought of this being a non-active mushroom still worries me but atleast maybe its a undocumented fungi.

here's a few names i've been juggling in case its a new strain or species.

new strain names:
Missourian Camo (it seemed to blend into the color of the soil it was growing in, and as the name suggest it was found in Missouri, USA)

new species name:
(i'm assuming from its appearance and spore print its a panaeolus/copelandia species)

"Panaeolus" missouriana

any name suggestions would be nice and possibly funny.

by the way, i post of this thread when i'm bored which is quite often. :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by BlimeyGrimey (12/29/06 06:02 AM)

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4709079 - 09/25/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grimocin said:
by the way, i post of this thread when i'm bored which is quite often. :laugh:

I see that! :smile:

I will get started on this project soon!

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: FooMan]
    #4731825 - 09/29/05 01:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

You should have left it alone, it looks like mycelium to me.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4735083 - 09/30/05 02:34 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

well as of today the mycelium has colonized about 40-50% of the jar. a few yellow spots remain but they are slowly fading back to white. i'll post pics in a future update.

--------------------

Offlinekimikiri
 User Gallery

Loc: Aboard an alien vessel
    #4735135 - 09/30/05 02:56 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Grimocin said:
my first real trip was only 1 month ago. i had eaten shrooms beofre but only about 1-2 dried grams. i had about 5-6 grams a month ago. my friend told me they were PES Amazon (PESA right?). i loved the trip so much i ordered some PESA from sporeworks.com.

Tell us more about the trip...

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: kimikiri]
    #4755602 - 10/04/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

sorry i would elaborate about the trip but this isnt the trip report forum so i wont.

well today i looked at the jar, the remaining yellow spots havent went away. the "growth" looks like a mix of cobweb and very weakly rhizo mycelium. still confuses the hell out of me. however no there's a BRIGHT white spot forming on part of the colonized area.

once again i have a shitty webcam for my pics but this is the best i can do.

now that i just looked at it while taking the pics, it seems the yellow spots are kinda brownish yellow now, but this has been a weird grow since the begginning. since i'm not planning on eating these. just trying to get more spores to attempt more sterile attempts, i might just isolate good rhizo myc from the cake when its 100% colonized. then i'll use my new nutrient agar dishes to get a good clean sterile mycelium supply.
anyways does it look like i should ditch it, or let it continue?

--------------------

OfflineNychthemeronster
Shroomery Addict
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North America
    #4755829 - 10/04/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

:shrug: If you ditch it now you won't ever know how it turns out....

--------------------
The lost art of liberty

OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vermont USA
    #4755854 - 10/04/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

leave it man!
and btw im almost positive its just a pan sub.
i found MONSTERS of pan subbs growing on a lawn that was fertilizeds with processed human waste (yuck!), so you never know!

--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5236115/an/0/page/0

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures