Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29679631 -

tryptkaloids said:
You could use it now if you wish.

Logic might lead you that way, but thats not neccesarily true.

I did that with vendor lc recently, 7/8 plates were moldy, but the grain had better odds.

Never discount lapses in technique




Vendor LC ok i would test it too but i do my own agar transfers multiple times and my SAB work was great then no contam after G2 and G3 transfer so my LC hope is OK i will test it same time. OK when you say it's ready then i will make a transfer next Day's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: jonkerston]
    #29679640 -

jonkerston said:
After I took them out of the PC, I see some noticeable moisture and condensation (see pics). Will that be a problem? Should I dry the grains better next time?





That can be normal right as they come out. It will absorb more over the first 24-48hrs and it should level out. If it still looks like that in 2 days, yes, too wet.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29679641 -

where to do woth my amen, god has chosen us to do this PF TEK...

Praise the TEK and all who follow it..


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Cakewonder]
    #29679667 -

CW do you have an entry in CW3?


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29679676 -

No sorry I cant grow where I am right now..but I dream of it...


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Agar Wedge] * 1
    #29679707 -

Agar Wedge said:
Yeah just pour them after the initial microwaving and load em in the PC, though you may need to cover them in some way. I'm not 100% sure how though. I've read of people loading them in a vessel or using foil. Though I don't have experience using no pours and don't want to steer you wrong



I load my Holy Grail no poures directly in my PC.. no foil.. nothing.. just stack them on top of each other on top of the trivet.. it works out perfectly and I can get way more in a load..


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29679709 -

I wrapped mine in foil but mostly so I can store them after it's done without a bunch of garbage landing on the outside of the cup


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29679710 -

When I do no-pour (in glass petris) I always wrap them in tinfoil, if only because the stack only gets exposed inside the SAB. And only gets handled by my as-clean-as-possible hands. Maybe it's different with HGs because you don't have a rim. But I hate the idea of moving petris through dirty air with this huge ass gap, and wiping them off with alcohol after they've been exposed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29679717 -

Churpee Choozle said:
When I do no-pour (in glass petris) I always wrap them in tinfoil, if only because the stack only gets exposed inside the SAB. And only gets handled by my as-clean-as-possible hands. Maybe it's different with HGs because you don't have a rim. But I hate the idea of moving petris through dirty air with this huge ass gap, and wiping them off with alcohol after they've been exposed.



Well I'll either let them cool in the PC or pull them out immediately and put them on the counter so that they're a little more level for drying. But since they're hg's the tops screw shut an seal.  so I'm not too worried about that. I just screw them down  for whatever Journey they need to take.

I don't even wrap them when I store them in shoe boxes or in my towel cabinet in my bathroom.

However I may start because I have had some plates contam out way after the fact after getting cultures and I have to have been sitting for a month or two which is annoying sometimes.  Maby mites got in or something :shrug:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29679732 -

I also do the foil wrap for my glass petris and sterilize in the oven

The foil also helps keep them stacked since the lid is oversized by design

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29679735 -

callmehippie said:
Agar Wedge said:
Yeah just pour them after the initial microwaving and load em in the PC, though you may need to cover them in some way. I'm not 100% sure how though. I've read of people loading them in a vessel or using foil. Though I don't have experience using no pours and don't want to steer you wrong



I load my Holy Grail no poures directly in my PC.. no foil.. nothing.. just stack them on top of each other on top of the trivet.. it works out perfectly and I can get way more in a load..



PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
I wrapped mine in foil but mostly so I can store them after it's done without a bunch of garbage landing on the outside of the cup



Churpee Choozle said:
When I do no-pour (in glass petris) I always wrap them in tinfoil, if only because the stack only gets exposed inside the SAB. And only gets handled by my as-clean-as-possible hands. Maybe it's different with HGs because you don't have a rim. But I hate the idea of moving petris through dirty air with this huge ass gap, and wiping them off with alcohol after they've been exposed.



Learn something new everyday around here :takingnotes::mushroom2: thanks for clearing this up for me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Cakewonder]
    #29679739 -

Cakewonder said:
No sorry I cant grow where I am right now..but I dream of it...



Gonna grow them in your honor.

On another note, powdered mushrooms in chocolates hold well for a long time right? better fridge or freezer?


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29679740 -

Huskies said:
Cakewonder said:
No sorry I cant grow where I am right now..but I dream of it...



Gonna grow them in your honor.

On another note, powdered mushrooms in chocolates hold well for a long time right? better fridge or freezer?



Freezer is the way to go, they will hold potency for a while

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29679770 -

langten69 said:
Huskies said:
Cakewonder said:
No sorry I cant grow where I am right now..but I dream of it...



Gonna grow them in your honor.

On another note, powdered mushrooms in chocolates hold well for a long time right? better fridge or freezer?



Freezer is the way to go, they will hold potency for a while



I've been storing mushrooms whether powdered or not inside my qt jars. No  desiccant packs. no removing air via vacuum. And after two and a half years checked with Q test and the photometer.. barely a noticeable difference in potency..


I've even tested just a sandwich bag that  had powdered mushrooms in it that I took on a vacation with me and then put in my dresser drawer for a year.

And it tested basically the same on the photometer and when I actually physically ate them
. I noticed barely a difference.


All of that alone was enough  make me not care anymore. especially since I grow more than a lifetimes worth in one round.

Edited by callmehippie (09/27/26 01:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29679776 -

I left a bowl of ochras and pans in open air for at least 2 months and just ate them last weekend and they were still potent as hell

They were dry when I took them out of the dehydrator originally and when I consumed them they were still mostly crisp with a bit of bendiness to them.

The bowl was kept right by my back door and we had a wet summer.

I'm sure they lost some potency but I think it's a bit overstated myself. I bet eventually they would be worthless but who knows how long it would take as long as they have been properly dehydrated to begin with.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Edited by PuffM4gicDr4gon (09/27/26 01:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 2
    #29679777 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
I left a bowl of ochras and pans in open air for at least 2 months and just ate them last weekend and they were still potent as hell

They were dry when I took them out of the dehydrator originally and when I consumed them they were still mostly crisp with a bit of bendiness to them.

The bowl was kept right by my back door and we had a wet summer.

I'm sure they lost some potency but I think it's a bit overstated myself. I bet eventually they would be worthless but who knows how long it would take as long as they have been properly dehydrated to begin with.



:dancer:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29679799 -


So this PE fruited once, and its been almost a month and nothing. I once got 7 flushes out of a similar block of GTs. I guess the question is how does it look

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: g59disso] * 2
    #29679810 -

Welcome to the Shroomery!:smile::mushroom2: looks to be battling bacterial contamination. You can tell from the large wet and uncolonized looking section. I'm sorry for your loss :sad:

I'd say the best chance you have of squeezing another flush out of this (if possible) would be applying a casing layer. You can do this by simply rolling it in coir. This will create a microclimate for the pins to form on

Coir prep

I highly recommended one the htichikers guide to the shroomery. It will significantly upgrade your mushroom cultivation knowledge

Hitchikers guide

Finally, please feel free to introduce yourself over at the new user welcome wagon. New members are kinda a big deal around here:hug:

New user welcome wagon

Thanks for signing on, looking forward to seeing you around!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29679812 -

Huskies said:
Cakewonder said:
No sorry I cant grow where I am right now..but I dream of it...



Gonna grow them in your honor.

On another note, powdered mushrooms in chocolates hold well for a long time right? better fridge or freezer?



I only use the freezer because if i put my chocolates in the fridge they melt too fast and it gets all over my fingers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29679858 -






Wish me luck!

I inoculate 4cc eache Jar with Jack Frost LC also at the same time i test my LC on a Agar Dish but i don't want too lose time and test it on Agar first and then probably inject it in Grain Jars. Let's see how the Mycelium take over the Jar i Love too watch this process it's a important step bevore send it too Bulk and probably creating Fruit Body's ๐Ÿ˜‹ Jack Frost is a New to me i was lucky too save the Spores i get from a a Giveaway here 2y ago I never Grow Jack bevore only B+ and P. NATS.

Will inform you here how it's going.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,529 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,155,634 topic views. 10 members, 47 guests and 119 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.07 seconds spending 0.045 seconds on 16 queries.