Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin]
    #29679437 -

0_tonin said:
Im all down for clarity. But from 4% to 0.1% we are talking a HUGE difference. Clarity is great I get it, but can such low concentration of nutrient carry some down side? Like slower growth?

I just tossed the previous solutions and did some from scratch. Some at 1%, some at 1.5% and some at 2%.

Will send to PC in a bit, going to roll a doobie for while I wait in the garage.




Hello, when are my LC are ready for transfer too Grain Jars? The growth is very quick thats Cool only a week ago for the DC Mac LC and Jack after i transfer Agar too LC.

I I have a Magnet sirerer and every Morning i let it sirer for 3min at 1000RPM

Would be Cool for Help and Tips when i can use it?


DC MAC LC 0,3% LME


Jack Frost LC 3% LME


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29679441 -

I'm trying bags instead of jars for the first time and I would like to know; is there such a thing as picking up the bags, while it's colonizing, too often? I've got a lot of uncolonized edges of grains at the sides of the bag, where the bag brushed and pressed over them, but none at the top. When I pick up the bag in naturally moves over the grains and I'm thinking this action is disruptive towards mycelium development over these areas ...

Am I delulu or is there something to this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: koma23]
    #29679444 -

How do I vent properly lol


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29679447 -

eilauver said:
I have never boiled/microwaved agar (brf or lme) before PC-ing and seemingly turned out fine every time. Just chucked everything in the media bottle, gave it few swirls or shakes and into the PC.

Does the boiling matter for something like clarity or disolving stuff, or do some agar brands not set otherwise?



In theory it helps dissolve / integrate better, in practice I never do it, just shake with hot water and PC immediately. The boiling mixes it and I have stir bars to mix it while it cools.

bloodssonnew said:
How do I vent properly lol



At the start, leave the pressure cap off and let it come up to boil and blow a solid stream of steam for 10 minutes. So if it's shooting bursts off and on, the 10 minute clock hasn't started yet. Then after 10m, add the weight, let it get up to pressure, and then the actual timer starts. So 90 minutes of PC is really time to solid steam + 10 minutes + time to pressure + 90 minutes.

This lets the steam push out any non-steam air that's trapped so everything gets even coverage.

At the end, just kill the heat and let it cool down naturally until the pressure drops back to normal and the lock thing falls down. Trying to vent early can cause a flash boil on stuff like agar and make it boil over (and also get some hospital grade burns in a hurry).

Also the manual is short and worth reading :lol:


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29679451 -

Doin lmea and woot woot just rached15 psi successfully :rockon:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29679452 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: koma23]
    #29679456 -

I'm interested in more information on this as well.

I have a bag that I think I bumped or adjusted on the shelf because it is in the front, and I want to peak at it's twin behind it. These were prepared identically and running identical LC from the same T3 agar expanded in LC, the only difference was a new needle for the 2nd. The front bag is significantly less colonized on the edges than the bag in the back, so I believe the breaking up of the grains outside of the first and second shake does more damage and the mycelium is unable to prosper.

This is purely antecdotal and I am brand new to the world of mycology so take this with a spoonful of salt.
-๐Ÿ„๐Ÿงš


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: shroom_fae] * 1
    #29679459 -

gaaah just do more pf tek..


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: eilauver]
    #29679461 -

Thanks chad is 30 minutes 15+ psi good enough +10 min vent


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29679463 -

For agar? Probably. I usually do 40 (+10 min vent) for 400-500ml though, for peace of mind. Not sure where I picked that up, I think there was a table of some sort.

Edit: But I donโ€™t have experience with no-pours. Canโ€™t think of reason why these would need any more time though.

Edited by eilauver (09/27/26 04:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: eilauver]
    #29679468 -

more pf tekkie tek


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Cakewonder]
    #29679476 -

My first well validated workflow is not aligned to PF TEK. I did however start some PF TEK for the Cake War III. They're going okay-ish. They seem interesting for the novelty cultivations, for example I have a 3D printed skull planter I would like to place a strong performing jar into. ๐Ÿคž

๐Ÿ„๐Ÿงš


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29679500 -

Thanks langten69.

I proceeded with drying and sterilizing the grains. After I took them out of the PC, I see some noticeable moisture and condensation (see pics). Will that be a problem? Should I dry the grains better next time?



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Belintaf] * 1
    #29679504 -

Belintaf said:
kirin1028 said:
Is It Possible to Cultivate Mushrooms from Dried Gills?

I tried some strong, potent mushrooms in Koh Samui. I scraped some spores from the dried gills and wondered if I could grow my own. Is this possible, or is it a silly idea? Please advise.






Hey kirin1028!

Sure, it's definitely possible. The gills almost certainly contain spores, though it's hard to tell what condition they're in.

You could prepare agar Petri dishes and try to germinate them there, then clean them up from any potential contaminants.

Do you have any experience?

Hugs :heart:



Iโ€™ll definitely give it a try. Iโ€™ll use low-nutrient agar to minimize contamination. Thank you so much for the advise, appreciate it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: kirin1028]
    #29679516 -

kirin1028 said:
Iโ€™ll definitely give it a try. Iโ€™ll use low-nutrient agar to minimize contamination. Thank you so much for the advise, appreciate it!



If you haven't already โ€” I recommend taking a look at the AGAR section of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery.

Personally, alongside the agar work, I'd also prepare a couple of BRF Pucks. So I'd recommend checking out Pristine BRF Pucks tek and Josex' Poke: No Mercy for Bacteria as well โ€” they might come in handy.

Don't hesitate to ask questions and share your results!

Good luck!

Hugs :heart:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Belintaf] * 3
    #29679545 -

0_tonin said:
Can anyone explain why mycelium needs a spot on field capacity substrate to run smoothly, because if its too wet it will struggle to breath?

When hydrating a cake after the first flush, they say dont leave it for too long or you will drown the mycelium.

We even create holes in jars for breathing, filter patches in bags, all for mycelium to breathe.

And then the motherfucker grows FULLY under water when we do LC.

Make it make sense.





The main thing is an anaerobic environment is bread and butter for anaerobic bacteria that can target or outcompete your mushrooms in that environment.

Its not the water that hinders it, its the way it locks gasses out.

Water alone transfers gasses with air. Trap it in a medium and anything present will use up any available gasses it needs and then die or redirect energy to where it can meet its breathing requirements.

Plants wont grow without oxygen in their water.


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29679549 -

eilauver said:
I have never boiled/microwaved agar (brf or lme) before PC-ing and seemingly turned out fine every time. Just chucked everything in the media bottle, gave it few swirls or shakes and into the PC.

Does the boiling matter for something like clarity or disolving stuff, or do some agar brands not set otherwise?



Yes to both.
shroboo said:
Hey, I always tend to make too much casing and would like to recycle and reuse if possible. Can you repasteurize 2-3 week+ old casing material for pans which was stored in a bag? Or toss it and mix up a new casing from peat+verm+CaCO3?



As long as there is no obvious mold id use it.

Fiet said:
0_tonin said:
Im all down for clarity. But from 4% to 0.1% we are talking a HUGE difference. Clarity is great I get it, but can such low concentration of nutrient carry some down side? Like slower growth?

I just tossed the previous solutions and did some from scratch. Some at 1%, some at 1.5% and some at 2%.

Will send to PC in a bit, going to roll a doobie for while I wait in the garage.




Hello, when are my LC are ready for transfer too Grain Jars? The growth is very quick thats Cool only a week ago for the DC Mac LC and Jack after i transfer Agar too LC.

I I have a Magnet sirerer and every Morning i let it sirer for 3min at 1000RPM

Would be Cool for Help and Tips when i can use it?


DC MAC LC 0,3% LME


Jack Frost LC 3% LME





Dont use any LC that hasnt been tested on agar.


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: jonkerston]
    #29679553 -

koma23 said:
I'm trying bags instead of jars for the first time and I would like to know; is there such a thing as picking up the bags, while it's colonizing, too often? I've got a lot of uncolonized edges of grains at the sides of the bag, where the bag brushed and pressed over them, but none at the top. When I pick up the bag in naturally moves over the grains and I'm thinking this action is disruptive towards mycelium development over these areas ...

Am I delulu or is there something to this?



jonkerston said:
Thanks langten69.

I proceeded with drying and sterilizing the grains. After I took them out of the PC, I see some noticeable moisture and condensation (see pics). Will that be a problem? Should I dry the grains better next time?






Yes. You want no moisture outside, full moisture inside


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29679600 -

tryptkaloids said:
eilauver said:
I have never boiled/microwaved agar (brf or lme) before PC-ing and seemingly turned out fine every time. Just chucked everything in the media bottle, gave it few swirls or shakes and into the PC.

Does the boiling matter for something like clarity or disolving stuff, or do some agar brands not set otherwise?



Yes to both.
shroboo said:
Hey, I always tend to make too much casing and would like to recycle and reuse if possible. Can you repasteurize 2-3 week+ old casing material for pans which was stored in a bag? Or toss it and mix up a new casing from peat+verm+CaCO3?



As long as there is no obvious mold id use it.

Fiet said:
0_tonin said:
Im all down for clarity. But from 4% to 0.1% we are talking a HUGE difference. Clarity is great I get it, but can such low concentration of nutrient carry some down side? Like slower growth?

I just tossed the previous solutions and did some from scratch. Some at 1%, some at 1.5% and some at 2%.

Will send to PC in a bit, going to roll a doobie for while I wait in the garage.




Hello, when are my LC are ready for transfer too Grain Jars? The growth is very quick thats Cool only a week ago for the DC Mac LC and Jack after i transfer Agar too LC.

I I have a Magnet sirerer and every Morning i let it sirer for 3min at 1000RPM

Would be Cool for Help and Tips when i can use it?


DC MAC LC 0,3% LME


Jack Frost LC 3% LME





Dont use any LC that hasnt been tested on agar.



My Plan is too test it on Agar and Grains at the same time! So I don't want to waist time if i see contam in Agar i know the Grains are too when agar looks good i know the Grains too. When can i use my LC when you look at the LC jars?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29679608 -

You could use it now if you wish.

Logic might lead you that way, but thats not neccesarily true.

I did that with vendor lc recently, 7/8 plates were moldy, but the grain had better odds.

Never discount lapses in technique


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,841 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question evilacid 514 5 03/13/03 05:25 PM
by evilacid
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* a quick questions switchstants 412 1 03/14/03 10:39 AM
by ExtravagantDream

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,156,413 topic views. 21 members, 71 guests and 184 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.08 seconds spending 0.055 seconds on 16 queries.