Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2140 | 2141 | 2142 | 2143 | 2144 | 2145 | 2146 | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 4
    #29679210 -

Not kloakk but this is probably the cleanest pan culture I’ve produced… at least the only one I’ve been completely sure about and thought, “that’s gonna do really well.”



Went on to produce this tray


I’ve had plenty that I was unsure about do well tho.  You want fast, even, wispy growth that looks unencumbered.  Watch out for myc that doesn’t grow aerial above the plate surface and lays down.  Too thick myc that’s slow usually means there’s a biofilm under it ime

I also don’t think it’s a stretch to think that some ride along bacteria can be in a symbiotic relationship with mycelium.  These organisms aren’t in anywhere close to sterile conditions out in the wild so maybe some bacteria are welcomed by the myc to help break food down (nichrome has said as much as a possibility). 

Could be that the bacteria hitches a ride helping them spread.  Could also be a way for the mycelium to keep their lineage in check… millions of spores are released and the weaker ones lose the battle of symbiotic balance being taken over by the bacteria whereas, the strong, fast and aggressive offspring stay in balance with the relationship and live long enough to spore.

Just spitballing but with that being said, if you’ve done everything you can to get a culture clean and it still seems slightly dirty but aggressive, maybe you just need to send it and see how it goes.  I have a lot of borderline cultures where Ive done that and they turn out well.  Maybe the first flush is a bit rough but get better in the conservative flushes.

When I do send cultures to grain that I’m not sure of, I’ll pay close attention to what the jar looks like fully colonized.  I let my jar go for 2-3 days after colonization to see how they act.  You really can’t tell much from a colonizing jar.  They can be very deceiving.  The growth in that 2-3 days after 100% tells me if I should even send the jar to bulk. 

This is what I look for in those jars.. again, even growth without signs of stress


That myc growing up the jar says a lot.  The myc in the grains is also even.  There’s no thick matted clumps or bruising or yellowing/gray colors.

This jar has all the things I don’t want to see.  Along with, metabolites


I won’t even waste the materials to send that because 9 out of 10 times, it won’t even make it past colonizing and if it does, it probably won’t flush out.  Metabolites and heavy bruising are the big ones for me.  I see those and it’s a definite no send. 

Edited by fahtster (09/26/26 05:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster] * 2
    #29679220 -

That's been my experience as well. I've had exactly one plate that looks close to what you posted there. I've had lots that are not quite as good and still produce a decent amount.

I usually try to end up with a perfect plate but if it's close enough by t3/t4 then I run it and see what happens.

In the jar I might end up with 1 to 5 grains that are wet and look bacterial. It will still flush although it usually dies after the first one is done.

As long as your pasteurization is done properly there is a bit of wiggle room.

Wispy growth is the key. Not a lot of molds look like it And when it's going good it tends to grow really uniform


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 2
    #29679221 -

BTW thanks faht!


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster] * 4
    #29679230 -

Thank you Faht! I'll keep coming back to these pictures. What i have does NOT look like this lmfao, its flat, non-ariel, and THIQ. thats how i got it straight from the vender =(

Thanks for the guidance guys.



You guys are awesome



Edit: whoa holy shit Faht you added 100% more to that post, brilliant info thank you!

Edited by Lo-Z (09/26/26 06:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 3
    #29679243 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
@kloakk

I know you have some pictures of some beautiful pan mycelium. Can you post a couple so we have a good Baseline of what to look for?





--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29679249 -

Kloakk said:
PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
@kloakk

I know you have some pictures of some beautiful pan mycelium. Can you post a couple so we have a good Baseline of what to look for?








I See I See, These are Vastly different than Cubes. I'll be on a culture mission now.


Thank you guys!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z] * 1
    #29679252 -

You got this!


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29680119 -

These are my current pan projects after tossing all my cultures

TTBVI T3




It's still a bit bumpy, and I don't like the odd growth at 2:30. I think I'm going to use it anyways, but practice transferring aerial mycelium before I put it to grain. Maybe the T4 will be nicer.

Komodo x TTBVI



I'll transfer the whispiest parts into a CS.

I have some other plates that are in a cabin right now, and I'll transfer those to their own plates to check for growth.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Edited by PuffM4gicDr4gon (09/28/26 03:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29680136 -

:rockon: got some kamodoxbvi lookn similar tho more cleaned


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29680144 -

You get a nice culture of komodo/bvi and OH my... photogenic and even better in person, ruffled caps, tall, and a giver.  Definitely keeping this one around in the library.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2140 | 2141 | 2142 | 2143 | 2144 | 2145 | 2146 | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 87 88 )
Hindsight 81,270 1,752 09/27/26 08:34 AM
by Noah Keeper
* The Official Noob of the Moment Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 119 120 )
BeefExtreme 41,358 2,390 09/28/26 02:56 AM
by bluescreen
* Pan cyan first grow log (TTBVI)
( 1 2 3 all )
PhenoDreamers 15,666 46 12/15/23 08:47 AM
by PhenoDreamers
* Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? rob_531 4,757 12 01/10/05 12:33 PM
by agar
* Copelandia "Pan" Cyanescens sancho 5,495 6 09/07/07 10:00 AM
by suave
* Re: look at these copelandia cyanescens they are beautiful Anonymous 5,649 2 12/25/99 07:16 AM
by sean123
* which tek for copelandia cyanescens (spore print)? FfF 8,044 10 08/26/04 05:44 AM
by hawksapprentice
* Hawaiian Copelandia Grow Kit - how much more difficult are they? GabrielKnight 8,482 5 01/03/05 04:59 PM
by ticktock

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,303,684 topic views. 10 members, 113 guests and 155 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.054 seconds spending 0.033 seconds on 17 queries.