Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ihansterx4i]
    #29677758 -

hey pals,

since the concept of fruiting conditions is obsolete, does that mean a culture will pin when it feels like it and theres nothing you can do you trigger it? tia


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not dieโœจ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ihansterx4i] * 1
    #29677767 -

Not gonna lie I donโ€™t Google stuff anymore because I get way better and more straightforward answers here. Even for stupid questions like this oneโ€ฆ.

How does one get spore prints from albino fruits? Does it depend on the culture? I have been able to get swabs but not prints.

Thanks a ton!


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet]
    #29677781 -

skrimplet said:
hey pals,

since the concept of fruiting conditions is obsolete, does that mean a culture will pin when it feels like it and theres nothing you can do you trigger it? tia



All you gotta do is dial in your FruitingChamber (FC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29677788 -

langten69 said:
skrimplet said:
hey pals,

since the concept of fruiting conditions is obsolete, does that mean a culture will pin when it feels like it and theres nothing you can do you trigger it? tia



All you gotta do is dial in your FruitingChamber (FC)




What do you mean by this? What if its modified monotubs?

I have my monotubs inside a grow tent, temp set to 22.5C and RH of around 75%. I have a small 80mm fan (AC Infinity Multifan S1) in low setting moving air inside the tent, only runs when the saber heater is on (both the heater and the fan plugged to the heater socket of the Inkbird).

The fan blows in oposite direction to where the tubs are, facing up and into a wall. Just to create some air movement and to achieve a uniform temperature around the tent. In low setting its a VERY gentle breeze.

First time using this set up so not too sure about the fruiting stage yet. Im pretty sure that all i have to do is just wait haha.

Or do I need to adjust some parameter to trigger pinning?

cheers homies


--------------------
How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion - exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their - their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth - that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin] * 1
    #29677793 -


0_tonin said:
langten69 said:
skrimplet said:
hey pals,

since the concept of fruiting conditions is obsolete, does that mean a culture will pin when it feels like it and theres nothing you can do you trigger it? tia



All you gotta do is dial in your FruitingChamber (FC)




What do you mean by this? What if its modified monotubs?

I have my monotubs inside a grow tent, temp set to 22.5C and RH of around 75%. I have a small 80mm fan (AC Infinity Multifan S1) in low setting moving air inside the tent, only runs when the saber heater is on (both the heater and the fan plugged to the heater socket of the Inkbird).

The fan blows in oposite direction to where the tubs are, facing up and into a wall. Just to create some air movement and to achieve a uniform temperature around the tent. In low setting its a VERY gentle breeze.

First time using this set up so not too sure about the fruiting stage yet. Im pretty sure that all i have to do is just wait haha.

Or do I need to adjust some parameter to trigger pinning?

cheers homies



Step 1) This & This & This are required readings
Step 2)Take all factors that you can adjust in your tent and adjust them ever so slightly until you achieve PERFECT SURFACE CONDITIONS

:thumbup:

Edited by langten69 (09/24/26 11:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet]
    #29677798 -

JoeTherapist said:
Not gonna lie I donโ€™t Google stuff anymore because I get way better and more straightforward answers here. Even for stupid questions like this oneโ€ฆ.

How does one get spore prints from albino fruits? Does it depend on the culture? I have been able to get swabs but not prints.




Googling for shroom info is F'd anyway, so much bad info out there.

Swabs are the way. Give them a week or two for any tagalong gill tissue to dry out so there's less chance that you're accidentally cloning gill instead of germinating spore. With that said, dehydrated tissue revival is not unheard of, so it remains a (distant) possibility.

skrimplet said:
since the concept of fruiting conditions is obsolete, does that mean a culture will pin when it feels like it and theres nothing you can do you trigger it? tia



For cubes, you can't reliably trigger it (with something like a sharp temperature change or introduction of FAE), but you can help things along by creating a healthy environment ("dial in your FC" as langten said) with good humidity, temperatures, etc. So it's not that you shouldn't optimize the environment, just that there is only the one ongoing environment, and you don't need to make a distinct switchup at any point. If your environment is somehow bad and you improve it, that can be a pinning trigger, but there's no special timing element to it. Anything in that category should start at spawn time.

Some other mushrooms (like ps cyanescens) and marijuana do use seasonal cues to recognize that it's autumn and therefore time to party, so I get why the idea has appeal.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29677799 -

langten69 said:
Step 1) This & This & This are required readings
Step 2)Take all factors that you can adjust in your tent and adjust them ever so slightly until you achieve PERFECT SURFACE CONDITIONS

:thumbup:



Legend. Thanks for pointing me int he right direction. I am quite familiar with the surface conditions concept but I love reading and its Friday and I have a beer and honey roasted peanuts in front of me, ideal scenario to read those posts.

Thanks once again.




--------------------
How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion - exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their - their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth - that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin]
    #29677802 -

That sounds like a good time

GL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin] * 1
    #29677804 -

0_tonin said:






--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29677810 -

JoeTherapist said:
Not gonna lie I donโ€™t Google stuff anymore because I get way better and more straightforward answers here. Even for stupid questions like this oneโ€ฆ.

How does one get spore prints from albino fruits? Does it depend on the culture? I have been able to get swabs but not prints.

Thanks a ton!




I believe(could be wrong) most albino's don't drop their spores. And The ones that might happen to you wouldn't  be able to see at least. So yeah swabs are pretty much the way to go for that.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29677830 -

callmehippie said:
JoeTherapist said:
Not gonna lie I donโ€™t Google stuff anymore because I get way better and more straightforward answers here. Even for stupid questions like this oneโ€ฆ.

How does one get spore prints from albino fruits? Does it depend on the culture? I have been able to get swabs but not prints.

Thanks a ton!




I believe(could be wrong) most albino's don't drop their spores. And The ones that might happen to you wouldn't  be able to see at least. So yeah swabs are pretty much the way to go for that.



:whathesaid:

True albino varieties have white, translucent, or clear spores. They still produce spores, but they often stay trapped or clustered on the gills because most lack the ballistospore release mechanism.

Could always try to print on black paper to see if they do drop spores :strokebeard:


--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29677836 -

:rollsafe:

I was thinking the sane thing.  I almost said try black card stock.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29677859 -



lions mane - put part of wedge in this 2 agars; its contam?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: mobyhat] * 1
    #29678013 -

that's how Hericium mycelium looks on agar; pretty unique - looks good to me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Generic]
    #29678016 -

Who here still makes PF Slurries?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29678026 -

If I use a spore print to make a lc from the a larger specimen does that enhance the probability of larger fruits or is it only cloning that has the effect.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29678027 -

What ratio of shroom to melted chocolate do yall use? 20% would be easy math, but I wonder what works best.

MushroomsKnow said:
If I use a spore print to make a lc from the a larger specimen does that enhance the probability of larger fruits or is it only cloning that has the effect.









Cloning is how you can get larger fruits that are consistent.

MS from a large fruit is more likely to have tall genes, but especially in a LC (don't do spore LC, agar first at least), maybe what will spread best in the LC is genes for small ones.

Clone on agar, then transfer multiple times, when you have a very clean clone culture, make an LC from that agar. Or, just use sterlizied water, add agar sample, shake tghe hell out of it, especially over two days, and you will have Liquid Innoculant, LI, which is less likely to have hidden bacteria or mold, since it was just clean agar and sterile water.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Edited by Huskies (09/25/26 09:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushroomsKnow]
    #29678029 -

MushroomsKnow said:
If I use a spore print to make a lc from the a larger specimen does that enhance the probability of larger fruits or is it only cloning that has the effect.








No spores to LC it's a big risk, but if you took a tissue samples from inside the big fruit and put it to agar or LC you might :rockon:


--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29678038 -

Thanks I will try that!! I have all the supplies!


--------------------
A recent experience with a heroic dose as per Terrance mckennas philosophy. I have had a life changing experience and I plan to continue to use this healing medicine on a monthly basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29678043 -

Cloning is how you can get larger fruits that are consistent.

MS from a large fruit is more likely to have tall genes, but especially in a LC (don't do spore LC, agar first at least), maybe what will spread best in the LC is genes for small ones.

Clone on agar, then transfer multiple times, when you have a very clean clone culture, make an LC from that agar. Or, just use sterlizied water, add agar sample, shake tghe hell out of it, especially over two days, and you will have Liquid Innoculant, LI, which is less likely to have hidden bacteria or mold, since it was just clean agar and sterile water.




Thanks bro appreciator the reply I have all the supplies to work with agar just seems intimidating but also super fun at the same time!


--------------------
A recent experience with a heroic dose as per Terrance mckennas philosophy. I have had a life changing experience and I plan to continue to use this healing medicine on a monthly basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,846 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,043 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,538 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,805 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,157,854 topic views. 17 members, 70 guests and 176 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.068 seconds spending 0.048 seconds on 16 queries.