Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3986 | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29677329 -

im running out of parafilm and will have to get more so i'm taking ideas if you want to share how you do it :wink:


--------------------
I wish you bountiful fruits and godspeed :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mashedpotatoes] * 1
    #29677335 -

My one big tip. That I got from lotkid.


Don't waste your time trying to peel the paper off the back. from the corners.

Just hold the end with your thumb and pointer fingers. The stretch it apart.

The paper will rip down the middle and now can easily be pulled off.  Saves so much time











--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29677337 -

callmehippie said:
Huskies said:
@callmehippie: 1 1/3 cup millet is the upper limit if you want room for g2g or shaking.



How much water in The jar though?

Thats basically what I just did.

Unless you're just speaking in general and not in terms of ratios for no prep.



Have you tried the ratios from Yoshi's thread

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28052502#28052502

For millet he has 1/3 of a cup and 158 ml


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mashedpotatoes]
    #29677341 -

Mashedpotatoes said:
10cm wide, says parafilm "m" on it. i've cut it into 2-3cm wide strips and wrapped away. I've had to find a sweetspot between ripping it and not stretching it enough to go around the 90mm:crazy:



I use the 10cm wide parafilm, and for my 90mm plates, I can take strips of 10cm x 2.5cm (so across the width by a half square) and wrap the plate exactly twice. I guess for 55cm plates, I would cut 7.5cm x 2.5cm strips like this:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29677366 -

Pastywhyte said:
firebirdpro said:
So I started very recently trying to grow Shrooms. As a total newbie I've made two fatal mistakes after reading a lot.

Mistake 1 - Started spores vial  inoculating to grain. (Most of them contaminated, but I have a rye bag like 60%, no weird smells, so I might get lucky, we'll see)
Mistake 2 - As mistake 1 wasn't dumb enough, I've created a LC from the spores.

So now I'm trying to the process correctly, starting from agar (sorry for the condensation pictures, still have to refine when to pour it).

And arrived at these 3 Petri dishes:

1 (For me the one that looks more promising):



2



3 (started on a small jar, no pour tek, transferred to here [from the LC I've made])



My question is, is any of these "usable"/"good to transfer"?




The last playe has the best looking growth but it looks like there is some bacteria to clean up.



Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to clean it up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ambigu]
    #29677369 -

Thanks puff. I've definitely seen it..

I think I probably just didn't even think to look because I was going with cracks after churp  he's been using cracks method for years.


That and I'm extremely tired with work and some stuff going on in life at the moment.

Cuz I swear I saw Yoshi's write up again last night but somehow only took away smaller amounts from it and not what I was looking for so yeah..  definitely tired.


I'd have to say this trial drawer I just threw in the PC with the others is probably pretty close to that ratio so I've got I hopes for it and if not at least I know where to go from there.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29677379 -

^ Just remember to shake them up when still hot. No prep millet tends to puck up towards the bottom. Still almost always fixable, but you gotta hit like a redhaired stepchild


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29677384 -

Sweet.. thanks homies. This one will definitely go smoother now.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie] * 3
    #29677396 -



This tub had a decent first flush I think, then on one of the sides the some trich showed up between the space of shrunk sun and plastic edge. I removed that entire sector, and it grew out a second flush, 300ish grams.

But they look like they have bacterial infections, is it pseudomonas aka wet blotch? I think I did try punishing the tub before I saw trich, my bathroom does not have a air vent.

First of all, are these safe to consume when dried or those with visible issues should be discarded? Does it affect potency?

The bacterial infection maybe happened first, and then can create weakness thus space for trich to creep in?

Would like to know any input.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29677404 -

I would personally just cut off the infected parts with a knife but the rest of it should be fine to dehydrate

Just make sure to check the insides when you cut it and remove all the infected areas

Edited by langten69 (09/24/26 02:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29677407 -

What do the affected spots smell like? If the smell is sweet — kind of like a bruised peach turning bad — it might be pseudomonas.


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mashedpotatoes]
    #29677410 -

Mashedpotatoes said:
im running out of parafilm and will have to get more so i'm taking ideas if you want to share how you do it :wink:



I shared it last year right here :awedance:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SkanskKorv]
    #29677438 -

hi man

i had lots and lots of amanitas. my preferred way is to dry some over the woodoven to get them cracker dry. i eat plenty fresh aswell tho. usually straight when i found them( they taste amazing)
ibotonic acid gives more of a stimulant like feeling while the dried ones are more sedating. they do vary in content.

when i started doing them i started with really small pieces like 1/8 of a cap. i did this for several days. i got told to build a synergy with the mushroom and slowly work your way up. i had some amazing trips on it with vision like dreams while drifting off when closing the eyes.
it’s my favorite mushroom!
later on i did teas aswell with grounding up like 6-7 caps and just simmer for 20-30min with lemon. i freezed them in cubes and started with a bit from it diluted in more water till i found a good dose.
my recommendation is to start slowly, until i had my first “real” trip it was probably 2 weeks of ingesting everyday. build a relationship with the mushroom, and you will get to know the feeling and this beautiful medicine.
take care and enjoy my friend

Edited by pilzezuechter (09/24/26 03:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29677442 -

Yeah,  huskies

you can just slice off the Bad pieces. And whatever's left for the most part I believe should be perfectly fine after dehydrating. I've definitely had fruits like that that haven't given me any issues.

I once went through a bad month where every single tub got pseudos.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29677453 -

I do what  kloakk does with the parafilm. except I don't cut the strips. Any more.  I just fold it in half and double layer like pasty was suggesting. I used to do it like kloakk. But now I'm actually trying to get through this stuff in use something else. I refuse to waste my money though so as long as this Roll Last me.( almost 2 years). I'll definitely be using it. 

There's a learning curve with that stuff though and once you figure out how to really use and stretch it consistently then it's more fun to use in my opinion. And doing a folded piece for  the double layers is easy as well. 

Just remember to stretch before you pull.
I wish i knew that at first.



And man I am way behind the curve because my para  sits on my shelf out in the open air/open box. And it's always been usable and doesn't give me a bunch of hassles tearing or drying out amazingly enough. I do live in extreme humidity though.

I wasn't aware I needed to keep it closed up and away from Air when I go it..

so it was already too late by the time I had found out.

There has been a little bit of drying out but not enough that it gives me any issues. Thankfully. Cuz that shit was expensive


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29677568 -





I have this sad box of ochra that just started pinning a day or two ago. I’m leaving for a trip for 12 days. It’s probably going to be a giant spore mess when I get back right? Should I just chuck it in the fridge and let it continue when I get back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ihansterx4i] * 1
    #29677587 -

Thanks again dudes
  My no prep Millet jars came out perfect. That one I was running the trial on was just about pushing it but still nonetheless is going to work.



So that one was two cups of millet and then I just eyeball poured out a little bit of it. And then I did one and like a half cups of water basically just eyeballed it. To look similar to the ones that only had one cup of millet. 1 cup of water

The tip about pulling them out hot and breaking up the puck on the bottom was a really good one.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ihansterx4i]
    #29677594 -

ihansterx4i said:




I have this sad box of ochra that just started pinning a day or two ago. I’m leaving for a trip for 12 days. It’s probably going to be a giant spore mess when I get back right? Should I just chuck it in the fridge and let it continue when I get back



Ive never heard of anybody doing this but that actually sounds like a great idea... I do the same thing with my sourdough starter when i don't have time to look after it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29677687 -

Thanks everyone who helped and provided positive feedback. Ty puff especially. My time is limited towards this hobby currently so hopefully I will try to streak my plates tonight. I wish I had pics to post today but I finally was able to come around and read so just streaking today maybe tomorrow now since I was delayed. I'll get some good agar pics up for you guys and I won't be afraid to open the jar up so we can really see what's going on.

Hopefully next week I can get guidance for where to sector and we can move things along properly, because if I read a lot of negative poop I get discouraged for like days. Im be nice, and wanting to get agar pics up for you guys. I am not feeding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29677689 -

Yea similar concept.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3986 | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,529 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,155,590 topic views. 4 members, 66 guests and 142 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.077 seconds spending 0.048 seconds on 18 queries.