Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3985 | 3986 | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29677241 -

Kloakk said:
Lo-Z said:
Kloakk said:

She's talking about inoculating a jar though.




@ Kloakk

is that a Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD I see ???????



:snoopyes:

That's some good eyes you have there :rockon:




No fucking shit dude!  the best eyes ever in fact. I kind of figured y'all were talking about that blurry thing in the back of it but didn't know until I looked it up. The fact that  dude saw that and named it is insane.


Otherwise. I was like is he talking about his scalpel handle?

scalpel handle.... LOL and there's no way. I mean that would have been silly right?:facepalm3:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29677242 -

Keyword... DEATH, "incredibly low" that's a nice way of putting it.  You have to boil Fly Agaric fruits, and I have talked to a few folks over the years, and most don't like the ride (no personal experience).  But hey, they are the most famous toadstool, Mario brothers, Alice in Wonderland and much more (grew up with the original Smurfs), beautiful mushroom, absolutely, unable to cultivate and unpredictable, I'm not much for foraging (I can, but it's not my thing), a few photos and I'm plowing forward. Watch out for lookalikes, but it's definitely not Verna, Virosa or Ocre, but there are others, Volvata, no way that's a death cap.  Plenty of those in my region, always know your enemy.  Good luck, and be safe, it's why I'm a cultivator... I stay in my lane.  :peace:

Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/24/26 11:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29677257 -

@Kloakk: yeah the ibotenic acid is exactly what I want to avoid hence the question about prepping it but as per usual you gave me the reply I need here
:leocheers:

I hope I'll be having fun, I guess there's just one way to find out:awesome: seems like my cuppa tea after what ive heard about it so I'm pretty excited :naughty:


@MushlovR77: incredibly low in this case means virtually 0 which is low enough for me mate. Most people have a drink sometimes even though it kills 2.6 million people a year so I don't see any issue trying something with such a low risk. The stomach issues are what I'm worried over tbh:lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SkanskKorv]
    #29677264 -

You realize you're bringing up an "alcohol" redirect (twice) that has no bearing on ingesting Fly Agaric Mushrooms right. Newsflash, one drink won't kill you, one mushroom CAN and has to unsuspecting people that thought they knew what they were doing. Most of us are cultivators ROUND these parts, foraging is not even in the same realm. BE safe, and let someone know if you ingest them, better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/24/26 11:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SkanskKorv]
    #29677272 -

I have an acquaintance in Poland who over the last few years has become a huge fan of Amanita... And supposedly, they give it to people with the idea of fighting depression (in microdoses). I know they process it through a more elaborate method than just drying it — I could ask, but you'll probably find the answer before I even get a reply.

Regarding fighting depression — it seems absurd to me. Muscimol acts on GABA, just like alcohol and anxiolytics... So you aren't addressing the root cause either. And if you have a history of alcoholism, depressants aren't the best option IMO.

Hugs :heart:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Belintaf] * 2
    #29677281 -

MushLuvR77 said:
You realize you're bringing up an "alcohol" redirect (twice) that has no bearing on ingesting Fly Agaric Mushrooms right. Newsflash, one drink won't kill you, one mushroom CAN and has to unsuspecting people that thought they knew what they were doing. Most of us are cultivators ROUND these parts, foraging is not even in the same realm. BE safe, and let someone know if you ingest them, better to be safe than sorry.



But it does because we're talking about how dangerous it can be so I have to compare it with something else which is common enough for most people to relate to. How would I weigh the risk of it otherwise? And yes ofc a mushroom can kill you if you eat the wrong one but I'm not very worried over misidentifying them since I've foraged Amanita Muscaria which is easy to identify even amongst other Amanitas.

Anyways thanks for the consideration man I appreciate it:rockon:

Belintaf said:
I have an acquaintance in Poland who over the last few years has become a huge fan of Amanita... And supposedly, they give it to people with the idea of fighting depression (in microdoses). I know they process it through a more elaborate method than just drying it — I could ask, but you'll probably find the answer before I even get a reply.

Regarding fighting depression — it seems absurd to me. Muscimol acts on GABA, just like alcohol and anxiolytics... So you aren't addressing the root cause either. And if you have a history of alcoholism, depressants aren't the best option IMO.

Hugs :heart:



I'm not looking for a depression treatment or a replacement for the alcohol, I just wanna try new stuff tbh:awesome: and this stuff seems pretty cool so I wanna know what it's about.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Belintaf] * 3
    #29677282 -

I consumed Amanita chrysoblema years back. It was pickled which converted at least some of the ibotenic acid into muscimol. I remember being a bit underwhelmed by the effect though im not really into sedatives. Goes good with whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29677283 -

One cup of millet in a qt jar for no prep isnt very much.

Anyone done more? 

@Churp?


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #29677288 -

so i received some new petri dishes a while ago and unpacked them today. i was sent 55mm instead of the 90mm i thought i ordered. The parafilm i use is enough to cover the 90mm plates around 1.5 times ish.

I'm wondering if i should cut the parafilm in two for the new plates, or use the whole length? i'm gussing it'll go around about 3 times on the 55mm plates.

My question is this:
how many layers of parafilm do i really need?


--------------------
I wish you bountiful fruits and godspeed :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #29677293 -

So I started very recently trying to grow Shrooms. As a total newbie I've made two fatal mistakes after reading a lot.

Mistake 1 - Started spores vial  inoculating to grain. (Most of them contaminated, but I have a rye bag like 60%, no weird smells, so I might get lucky, we'll see)
Mistake 2 - As mistake 1 wasn't dumb enough, I've created a LC from the spores.

So now I'm trying to the process correctly, starting from agar (sorry for the condensation pictures, still have to refine when to pour it).

And arrived at these 3 Petri dishes:

1 (For me the one that looks more promising):



2



3 (started on a small jar, no pour tek, transferred to here [from the LC I've made])



My question is, is any of these "usable"/"good to transfer"?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29677296 -

SkanskKorv said:
MushLuvR77 said:
You realize you're bringing up an "alcohol" redirect (twice) that has no bearing on ingesting Fly Agaric Mushrooms right. Newsflash, one drink won't kill you, one mushroom CAN and has to unsuspecting people that thought they knew what they were doing. Most of us are cultivators ROUND these parts, foraging is not even in the same realm. BE safe, and let someone know if you ingest them, better to be safe than sorry.



But it does because we're talking about how dangerous it can be so I have to compare it with something else which is common enough for most people to relate to. How would I weigh the risk of it otherwise? And yes ofc a mushroom can kill you if you eat the wrong one but I'm not very worried over misidentifying them since I've foraged Amanita Muscaria which is easy to identify even amongst other Amanitas.

Anyways thanks for the consideration man I appreciate it:rockon:

Belintaf said:
I have an acquaintance in Poland who over the last few years has become a huge fan of Amanita... And supposedly, they give it to people with the idea of fighting depression (in microdoses). I know they process it through a more elaborate method than just drying it — I could ask, but you'll probably find the answer before I even get a reply.

Regarding fighting depression — it seems absurd to me. Muscimol acts on GABA, just like alcohol and anxiolytics... So you aren't addressing the root cause either. And if you have a history of alcoholism, depressants aren't the best option IMO.

Hugs :heart:



I'm not looking for a depression treatment or a replacement for the alcohol, I just wanna try new stuff tbh:awesome: and this stuff seems pretty cool so I wanna know what it's about.



All good, I didn't say you misidentified them, pretty straight forward, but beautiful big monsters that's for sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mashedpotatoes] * 2
    #29677298 -

Mashedpotatoes said:
so i received some new petri dishes a while ago and unpacked them today. i was sent 55mm instead of the 90mm i thought i ordered. The parafilm i use is enough to cover the 90mm plates around 1.5 times ish.

I'm wondering if i should cut the parafilm in two for the new plates, or use the whole length? i'm gussing it'll go around about 3 times on the 55mm plates.

My question is this:
how many layers of parafilm do i really need?



Which parafilm?


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk] * 3
    #29677299 -

With Parafilm I take a square, peel the back, fold in half. The double layer helps it stretch further and so you wrap the plate once and it's by default double layered.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: firebirdpro]
    #29677300 -

firebirdpro said:
So I started very recently trying to grow Shrooms. As a total newbie I've made two fatal mistakes after reading a lot.

Mistake 1 - Started spores vial  inoculating to grain. (Most of them contaminated, but I have a rye bag like 60%, no weird smells, so I might get lucky, we'll see)
Mistake 2 - As mistake 1 wasn't dumb enough, I've created a LC from the spores.

So now I'm trying to the process correctly, starting from agar (sorry for the condensation pictures, still have to refine when to pour it).

And arrived at these 3 Petri dishes:

1 (For me the one that looks more promising):



2



3 (started on a small jar, no pour tek, transferred to here [from the LC I've made])



My question is, is any of these "usable"/"good to transfer"?




The last playe has the best looking growth but it looks like there is some bacteria to clean up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29677305 -

10cm wide, says parafilm "m" on it. i've cut it into 2-3cm wide strips and wrapped away. I've had to find a sweetspot between ripping it and not stretching it enough to go around the 90mm:crazy:


--------------------
I wish you bountiful fruits and godspeed :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29677307 -

callmehippie said:
One cup of millet in a qt jar for no prep isnt very much.

Anyone done more? 

@Churp?



I don't use quarts, and have never had a cup for measuring (everything goes by weight here). But. The millet expands considerably. So I take a shot glass or whatever and never exceed 1/3 filled containers (before PCing). Otherwise there's too little headspace for shaking.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown so far
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29677311 -

Well shit. 

Crack just says throw a cup of millet and a 1/2 cup of water in a qt.

I wonder if I can just double both seed and water.. 

from the looks of it. I think there would still be room.  But idk.. maby I'll try with one.



--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mashedpotatoes]
    #29677316 -

Mashedpotatoes said:
10cm wide, says parafilm "m" on it. i've cut it into 2-3cm wide strips and wrapped away. I've had to find a sweetspot between ripping it and not stretching it enough to go around the 90mm:crazy:



Oh so the double one, yeah I don't have that, can't help.



--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29677322 -

@callmehippie: 1 1/3 cup millet is the upper limit if you want room for g2g or shaking.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29677325 -

Huskies said:
@callmehippie: 1 1/3 cup millet is the upper limit if you want room for g2g or shaking.



How much water in The jar though?

Thats basically what I just did.

Unless you're just speaking in general and not in terms of ratios for no prep.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3985 | 3986 | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,160,002 topic views. 13 members, 102 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.073 seconds spending 0.047 seconds on 16 queries.