Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 706 | 707 | 708 | 709 | 710 | 711 | 712 | 713 | 714 | 715 | 716 | 717 | 718 | 719 | 720 | 721 | 722 | 723 | 724 | 725 | 726 |
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: langten69] * 8
    #29672478 -

The General Manager over the whole store is a 40 year old Deadhead Phish-lover that looks like a TV Evangelist from the early 2000's, and has eaten many of my little minions over the past 10 years. So it benefits him to allow me to use it. :awesomenod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: ghiajake] * 4
    #29672545 -

:lolsy:

I was just about to ask if this is a quid pro quo scenario. Good shit man.



Scored a stir plate for $20


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Baba Yaga] * 2
    #29672568 -

Baba Yaga said:
:lolsy:

I was just about to ask if this is a quid pro quo scenario. Good shit man.




Absolutely! Dude's also a vegetarian, so I give him a lot of produce from my garden every year. I've worked out a deal this year where I give him a bunch of produce, and I get to take home a 10lb bag of bomb-ass ground beef (ribeye and filet trimmings) when I want one.

Nice deal on the stir plate.
:raisemyglass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: ghiajake] * 1
    #29672569 -

ghiajake said:
The General Manager over the whole store is a 40 year old Deadhead Phish-lover that looks like a TV Evangelist from the early 2000's, and has eaten many of my little minions over the past 10 years. So it benefits him to allow me to use it. :awesomenod:



:hellyeah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: langten69] * 13
    #29676042 -

I finally built a tent! I still have to do the detail work like wire management and clean up the entire room I wrecked while building it. 😆
I'll get better pics soon, but here she is!
(Build log)
The Mega-Martha Five Million





I've run a couple successful batches of tampanensis so far.



--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Scemilope] * 1
    #29676140 -

Scemilope said:
I finally built a tent! I still have to do the detail work like wire management and clean up the entire room I wrecked while building it. 😆
I'll get better pics soon, but here she is!
(Build log)
The Mega-Martha Five Million





I've run a couple successful batches of tampanensis so far.






:raisemyglass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: ghiajake] * 9
    #29676840 -

One of the holy grails when it comes to our unique hobby. I present to you...
The QTest Photometer



with 25 psilocybin tests to boot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29676843 -

DV8DUG said:
One of the holy grails when it comes to our unique hobby. I present to you...
The QTest Photometer



with 25 psilocybin tests to boot.



How much dat cost ya


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29676862 -

Thank you for sending that link

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: langten69] * 3
    #29676935 -

I do lids with polyfill and am absolutely happy with them except from the fact that the polyfill always does get soaked on 3 or 4 jars during the PC run. I ordered now some of the round stick on filters and am excited to try them out and having a few questions.

  • How many runs do they last on avarage?
  • Anyone had issues with them sticking to PP5 lids?
  • Covering the jars is not required even when left in the canner overnight?



The stir plate I have bought should arrive any day now. It's one with a fixed heating setting which goes up to 95C. Once it has arrived I will modify it with a voltage regulator to adjust to lower temps. Other than using it for LC one application could be having it running at pasteurization temp to reduce contam on dirty prints or help with old print hydration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Baba Yaga] * 2
    #29676960 -

Baba Yaga said:
I do lids with polyfill and am absolutely happy with them except from the fact that the polyfill always does get soaked on 3 or 4 jars during the PC run. I ordered now some of the round stick on filters and am excited to try them out and having a few questions.

  • How many runs do they last on avarage?
  • Anyone had issues with them sticking to PP5 lids?
  • Covering the jars is not required even when left in the canner overnight?





In my experience they can last +10 runs if you treat them right. Keep lids loose so there won't be any pressure on the filter during PC cycle is the main thing.

Mine has never had a problem sticking to PP5 lids, like always with adhesive, clean the surface and some iso before applying.

It is not required, but I always do it, mostly to have a touch barrier and sterile, dust free lids when I go to inoculate them :awesomenod:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Kloakk]
    #29677036 -

Kloakk said:
It is not required, but I always do it, mostly to have a touch barrier and sterile, dust free lids when I go to inoculate them :awesomenod:



yeah, I actually covered the last batch of jars with unmodified lids for the same reason. Good tip on keeping the lid loose :thumbup:


Kloakk said:
In my experience they can last +10 runs if you treat them right. Keep lids loose so there won't be any pressure on the filter during PC cycle is the main thing.



So what happens when they fail? Is it more that they start to peel or does  the filter loose it's efficacy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Baba Yaga] * 2
    #29677060 -

Baba Yaga said:
So what happens when they fail? Is it more that they start to peel or does  the filter loose it's efficacy?



I actually don't know because I never had one fail, yet, but after 10 cycles or so I change them because of paranoia :uhoh: :lol:

Should be said that I mostly use them with AIO substrate, grain spawn has thick SFD's glued with RTV.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Kloakk]
    #29677245 -

Are we talking about lids for jars, plastic containers, or both? I seemed to have missed a part in the conversation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: ghiajake]
    #29677255 -

ghiajake said:
Are we talking about lids for jars, plastic containers, or both? I seemed to have missed a part in the conversation.



PP5 lids, jars and containers in my case.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29677381 -

Thanks for the info bud, I'm looking forward to try them out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #29677403 -

Baba Yaga said:
Thanks for the info bud, I'm looking forward to try them out.



:highfive:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29677595 -

I never had luck or patience for stick-on filters. Seems they would get thinner as I went and they started out thin. I use thick ones with RTV silicone now exclusively.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: DV8DUG] * 2
    #29677611 -

Yeah, I hear you, I'm not totally convinced of their performance either. Still like rock hard stuffed polyfill for ease of installation, availability,
longevity and cost. Maybe I should look more into keeping the lids from getting wet during a run and stick with poly.

On the other hand though if people like LotKid don't have any problems just using 4 layers of micropore tape on their jars then one of those stickers
with a couple of layers of micropore tape on top should work just fine.

Anyway, proof will be in the pudding and I'm going to find out soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Baba Yaga] * 3
    #29677630 -

If cost is the concern you could buy the bulk material, EPTFE Hydrophobic Composite Membrane, the rolls would easily last years.


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 706 | 707 | 708 | 709 | 710 | 711 | 712 | 713 | 714 | 715 | 716 | 717 | 718 | 719 | 720 | 721 | 722 | 723 | 724 | 725 | 726 |

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8717 8718 )
saralove 5,225,077 174,358 10/02/26 10:10 PM
by callmehippie
* PCing tools of the trade no-tone 1,412 6 04/10/03 07:42 PM
by oO_wombat_Oo
* Posted this at Myco. interesting story... NewbieShroomer 3,215 3 12/26/01 10:22 PM
by blahblahblah
* Need advice on sterility & trading spores. The_Gnome_King 5,006 16 06/25/20 05:22 AM
by Zakkery
* Re: 10,000 posts... amanita 2,856 6 11/30/99 05:12 AM
by B.I.O.
* Spore Trading Post Thom_Yorke 2,712 6 12/19/02 04:34 AM
by Iowa Rasta
* spore trading post? chronic_124 1,626 3 12/24/01 02:53 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* Big investment/Mycobags tricks of trade belushi 1,844 3 12/06/02 02:29 PM
by f8L

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
473,086 topic views. 16 members, 77 guests and 191 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 16 queries.