Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1548 | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | 1562 | 1563 | 1564 | 1565 | 1566 | 1567 | 1568 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Nokumana]
    #29482382 -

Yo guys Nd gals, so sitting at my station...

Wondered if I can run some plates by you now...

Bare in mind please they're t+0 and not my work lol my cat coulda done better with some of these.

Most know how to salvage but B-bar...



He's been sitting a week now and bacterial spots are forming... Worst vendor plate I've ever seen.

Should I snag the tip and transfer?



Then it's left to right Tampanensis, nec-D which I'm also like dafuq do I do with this? Byron ba, eungai, Ingeli and ttbvi and that's popcorn you can see there and in the nec-D.

Anything is awesome 👍 did post on pan cyan thread too but got nothin' so here I am you beautiful people. What do you think?:howyoudoing:


--------------------
Be lucky, may light walk with you.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: conz0r] * 2
    #29482399 -



C'moOoOon guy


--------------------
Be lucky, may light walk with you.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: conz0r] * 7
    #29482462 -

APE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: angamshroom] * 1
    #29482467 -

Sexy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: angamshroom]
    #29482480 -

angamshroom said:
APE




Dayim, thems is purrdy


--------------------
-Noku
Eskawata kaya waikiki
HHG
"Shake it like you would a newborn baby" - BeefExtreme

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Nokumana]
    #29482521 -

Damn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Splittinghairs] * 2
    #29482528 -



Done, got one transfer plate for each and I'm trying out different scrapes and divets I like best. Love my noc loop though.

👍


--------------------
Be lucky, may light walk with you.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: conz0r]
    #29482784 -




I've been trying to revive some old prints and I've got this P. Natalensis print from 2022(which I'm now seeing the discourse online about what used to be referred to as P. Natalensis is now most likely actually P. Ochraceocentrata) that I managed to get what looks like myc to germinate on a BRF puck. Took some to agar and I got very wispy growth. Not sure whether this is contam or if I should take another transfer before putting to some grain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Galt]
    #29483616 -



Pretty confident about my ochra, jack frost, and pe-6. My bluey Vuitton is golden aswell. My f+ unfortunately is cooked as of right now. I have seen enough ochra to know its normal but the fluffiness throws me off. It's also outgrowing all my cubes in the plates so hopefully it carries over to the jars and sub.


--------------------



Wild landrace growalong thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Galt]
    #29483637 -

Galt said:



I've been trying to revive some old prints and I've got this P. Natalensis print from 2022(which I'm now seeing the discourse online about what used to be referred to as P. Natalensis is now most likely actually P. Ochraceocentrata) that I managed to get what looks like myc to germinate on a BRF puck. Took some to agar and I got very wispy growth. Not sure whether this is contam or if I should take another transfer before putting to some grain.



Is the brf puck in shadow, or is it contaminated?
Is there a swab in it?
That’s significant growth on agar since 2/4.

Edited by ModularMind (02/13/26 05:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ModularMind]
    #29483729 -

ModularMind said:
Galt said:



I've been trying to revive some old prints and I've got this P. Natalensis print from 2022(which I'm now seeing the discourse online about what used to be referred to as P. Natalensis is now most likely actually P. Ochraceocentrata) that I managed to get what looks like myc to germinate on a BRF puck. Took some to agar and I got very wispy growth. Not sure whether this is contam or if I should take another transfer before putting to some grain.



Is the brf puck in shadow, or is it contaminated?
Is there a swab in it?
That’s significant growth on agar since 2/4.



Shadow. The puck has an even wispy white overlay but has had no color change to indicate trich, not sure if it's something else. and yes theres a swab jammed in the middle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Galt]
    #29483736 -

What is the ambient temp where they stay?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ModularMind]
    #29483819 -

65-70F in a closet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Galt]
    #29483859 -

How long are spores supposed to germinate before the first transfer?

I have had these going for like a month and was about to try to transfer because i Noticed these lil blobs appear not too long ago.. plins or?

Followup question, cut the blobby pieces to transfer or the more spiderwebby looking circular growth spots that i circled w/ pen? Does it matter?




Edited by divineverdance (02/13/26 11:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: divineverdance]
    #29483870 -

I don’t see anything healthy on those plates


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: NotImlay]
    #29483872 -

They bad?  Pic from top...



Dropped spore bout month and half ago ..

Edited by divineverdance (02/14/26 12:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: divineverdance]
    #29483913 -

Got yer answer in qq's :shrug:


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mackload]
    #29483991 -




Think these pots might blur the line between GE and FAE. It's blue bruising, it could be fighting contamination we'll see. But my suspicion is simply too much oxygen because of the pattern and colour.


--------------------
Be lucky, may light walk with you.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: conz0r]
    #29484020 -

conz0r said:



Think these pots might blur the line between GE and FAE. It's blue bruising, it could be fighting contamination we'll see. But my suspicion is simply too much oxygen because of the pattern and colour.



Nothing you have said here makes any sense to me at all. Can you take better pix?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: divineverdance] * 1
    #29484059 -

divineverdance said:
How long are spores supposed to germinate before the first transfer?

I have had these going for like a month and was about to try to transfer because i Noticed these lil blobs appear not too long ago.. plins or?

Followup question, cut the blobby pieces to transfer or the more spiderwebby looking circular growth spots that i circled w/ pen? Does it matter?







I don't look at the transfer process like there is a specific amount of time. In fact if you have totally clean plates you might not even have to transfer at all before moving to next steps - spawning to grain. If you are going to transfer, in my view, you are simply looking for a healthy leading edge of mycelium to transfer to the next clean plate. If you know a plate is contaminated, and you see a clean leading edge as far as possible away from the area of contamination, take it ASAP and get it on something clean.


--------------------
-Noku
Eskawata kaya waikiki
HHG
"Shake it like you would a newborn baby" - BeefExtreme

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1548 | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | 1562 | 1563 | 1564 | 1565 | 1566 | 1567 | 1568 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 74 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 79 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,393 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,010 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,705 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,725 topic views. 13 members, 108 guests and 210 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.051 seconds spending 0.029 seconds on 18 queries.