Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | | Last >
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: BlimeyGrimey] * 1
    #29413398 -

BlimeyGrimey said:
Hey TCO, what's your average pinning time for zaps.

My current grow is approaching 6 weeks without any signs of pinning. Wondering if I got the temps wrong or something. :shrug:



Hey Grimes.

Between 3 and 12. :lol:
Most to the lower side but some varieties can take a while. It might help to let them dry a touch and then wet them a few times. Room temps should be fine. Which one are you working with?

B.T.I. works great. Usually breaks the cycle entirely within two weeks. Treat any plants and drains too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: the_chosen_one] * 16
    #29414125 -

Hello to everyone!

I am not as active as before, but I still do some small staff

This is the Australia NSW sect. Zapotecorum.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: the_chosen_one] * 6
    #29414305 -

the_chosen_one said:
Hey Grimes.

Between 3 and 12. :lol:
Most to the lower side but some varieties can take a while. It might help to let them dry a touch and then wet them a few times. Room temps should be fine. Which one are you working with?

B.T.I. works great. Usually breaks the cycle entirely within two weeks. Treat any plants and drains too.



I'm working with a wild print from Cuetzalan, Mexico.

Mycelium definitely seemed aggresive on agar.


--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus species prints. Msg me for trades.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: BlimeyGrimey] * 5
    #29414452 -

Mico Zapotec said:
Hello to everyone!

I am not as active as before, but I still do some small staff

This is the Australia NSW sect. Zapotecorum.





Better than no stuff.
:solidnod:
Love those Siamese twins. 

BlimeyGrimey said:
the_chosen_one said:
Hey Grimes.

Between 3 and 12. :lol:
Most to the lower side but some varieties can take a while. It might help to let them dry a touch and then wet them a few times. Room temps should be fine. Which one are you working with?

B.T.I. works great. Usually breaks the cycle entirely within two weeks. Treat any plants and drains too.



I'm working with a wild print from Cuetzalan, Mexico.

Mycelium definitely seemed aggresive on agar.




Probably going to be one of the slow ones until it gets worked a bit. I've been dealing with the same thing from Tapalpa. My current culture came from a wild print and it's in the 8 to 12 week pinning window. Super slow after that too. Eventually I'll get around to the next generation of spores lol.

Psilocybe zapotecorum Tapalpa

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: the_chosen_one] * 4
    #29427258 -

Zapotecorum is pretty neat I got a agar plate from the volcano Popocatépetl in Mexico it is growing way faster than Panaeolus cyanescens, I sliced it in half and have 2 jars I did a week ago.
I know the jars are overfilled but I bought them from a vendor and have had success with them with other mushrooms. I had to return my presure cooker to the store because it ran dry. This has gypsum and 5 grains in it im planing on spawning to Master's Mix substrate a 5lb bag and fruiting in a tub with perlite and the top of the bag cut off one colinzed.

I was planing on doing 2 bags but its probably going to be 30 more days till the jar is ready but im just guessing.

Has anyone heard of thaizapoteca a zapotecorum like mushroom from Thailand or Psilocybe Sp NZ-02 sect Zapotecorum from New Zealand? They seem pretty interesting.


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: CaptainTrips420] * 10
    #29428222 -

Pretty meager flush. Zapotecorum "Tlalnelhuayocan"



--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: NotImlay] * 16
    #29428225 -

NSW sect Zapotecorum from Australia


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Mico Zapotec] * 6
    #29429487 -

Next attempt with zapos.
Used my colonized grain jars to spawn to bulk using Mico Zapotecs substrate mix: (coir, straw, wood, manure, verm, sand 30/30/15/10/10/5)
As soon as the trays were fully colonized, i added an casing layer (coir/cactus soil 60/40) and sent it directly to fruiting conditions on November, 22th.
Now i'm experimenting with different fruiting setups:

6 trays are in my new JCM tote with an 3.300 liter per hour air pump:



1 tray is swimming in a small box with water and has a 300 liter per hour air pump pumping fresh air into the water:



1 box was filled with substrate without using any tray. A 300 liter per hour pump is blowing fresh air into the box. This one is drying out very quickly, so i have to mist it twice a day:



Meanwhile the myc is growing through the casing layer. Is that normal? I see many pictures here where the surface of the casing layer is completely uncolonized even when fruits appear.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: psychedelicmind] * 8
    #29434250 -

Zapo's Jelly Triskeli F2. Took a couple months to pin/fruit.
Though I knew something was going on, you could see some white mycelia under
the CVG sand casing. The substrate is pretty basic, manure compost, hardwood, gypsym, coir, sand, zeolite, etc.

I still call this a success :laugh:



--------------------
Nature Reclaims All.
See, I'm flarkin' helpful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Wedgie] * 1
    #29437229 -

Wedgie said:
Zapo's Jelly Triskeli F2. Took a couple months to pin/fruit.
Though I knew something was going on, you could see some white mycelia under
the CVG sand casing. The substrate is pretty basic, manure compost, hardwood, gypsym, coir, sand, zeolite, etc.

I still call this a success :laugh:





Congrats to your fruiting success, Wedgie.
How many weeks did your cultures take to fruit?

My trays have been in fruiting conditions for 4.5 weeks now.
Still no signs of pinning, but a lot of metabolites and fungus gnats. :frown:
Not sure if there still is a prospect of success.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Wedgie] * 5
    #29437288 -

Getting back to new spores is success period

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: psychedelicmind] * 1
    #29437727 -

psychedelicmind said:
My trays have been in fruiting conditions for 4.5 weeks now.
Still no signs of pinning, but a lot of metabolites and fungus gnats. :frown:
Not sure if there still is a prospect of success.




I'm at 8 weeks with no pins. Luckily I don't have gnats at the moment, but the waiting is a pain.

I also have Ps. indica at 7 weeks with no pins. :shrug:


--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus species prints. Msg me for trades.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: Mico Zapotec]
    #29438050 -

Mico Zapotec said:
Hello to everyone!

I am not as active as before, but I still do some small staff

This is the Australia NSW sect. Zapotecorum.





Mico Zapotec said:
NSW sect Zapotecorum from Australia






BWT's or mine? Only two people Ive seen have gotten mine to fruit so far but more to come, it might get confusing if mine don't get a name? guess it wont matter if they end up sequencing the same though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: rotceh_dnih] * 2
    #29438051 -

Unless it's yours from another source, mico got his from spores I sent last year, we think it's bobwastaken's but he mentioned heyowanna had some finds too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: wavyedge] * 2
    #29438090 -

Oh yea that'll be BWT, mine were this year and about 180km away, Bob finds are from the same location as heyowannas so I consider them one in the same. I also think mine look like demultive versions of the same thing but I'm still waiting for the data to come back.

There are other sect. zapotecorum in NSW that sequence as aucklandiae though so it's both exciting that we have so much diversity & to see what the others come back as. 

:innocentjoy:

Edited by rotceh_dnih (12/24/25 03:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: BlimeyGrimey] * 1
    #29438196 -

BlimeyGrimey said:
I'm at 8 weeks with no pins. Luckily I don't have gnats at the moment, but the waiting is a pain.

I also have Ps. indica at 7 weeks with no pins. :shrug:



Yeah, the waiting really is a pain. :frown:
Trying to combat those gnats with nematodes. Misted all my trays with a nematode solution and it seems to help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: psychedelicmind] * 1
    #29438211 -

Zapotecorum seems difficult but I think I have good genetics they are growing faster than cubensis. Here is two jars after one break and shake 5 days later it was from agar, half a dish each. I inoculated it December 5th only 19 days of growth its actually faster than my Asian cubensis.

What does everyone think about CVG for zapotecorum I heard you can get small flushes but im worried about contamination trying to build substrate with manure. I decided masters mix would probably cause to dense mycelium for fruiting.


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: CaptainTrips420] * 5
    #29438222 -

You can use straight coir with great results. Grain provides all the nutrients needed for zapotecorum. No manure is necessary.

Edited by PhenoDreamers (12/24/25 09:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: PhenoDreamers] * 1
    #29438236 -

Nice I just happen to have a ton of vermiculite and a pound of gypsum I read it helps I use grade 3 vermiculite its larger than grade 1 used in PF tek. It is completely unnecessary but since I have it might as well use it.

I bought a bunch of stuff with little understanding of cultivation thinking I would test it also got black kow and straw I am to afraid to use because pasteurization is something I never tried.


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread [Re: CaptainTrips420] * 3
    #29438237 -

Gypsum does absolutely nothing and a waste of time. Vermiculite is pretty much useless for the most part. I like using vermiculite though because it helps me get to a proper substrate consistency easier.

Pasteurization is pretty easy man. I do it in the oven at 160 degrees for 10 hours. Properly pasteurized sub will last forever. It's kind of hard to mess up honestly

Edited by PhenoDreamers (12/24/25 09:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 398 24 10/09/26 06:34 AM
by RealityGlitch
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2165 2166 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,309,746 43,313 10/10/26 10:22 PM
by Anomalocaris
* The Official Woodlovers Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 932 933 )
TheDuder 627,521 18,640 10/09/26 11:39 PM
by Blopblop
* Genesis of the PF Redspore Psilocybe motamanM 7,838 16 12/05/03 10:59 AM
by Anonymous
* Psilocybe graveolens berto23 4,280 2 06/19/08 05:23 PM
by caliche
* Panaeolus cyanescens vs Psilocybe cyanescens
( 1 2 3 all )
JazzMatazz 60,473 43 11/25/14 07:30 PM
by 707godheadcymaster
* Psilocybe weilii indoors Chief_ 4,240 7 01/14/12 02:09 AM
by dtowntoker
* What Psilocybe Cubensis do you guys enjoy?
( 1 2 all )
Blaxican707 10,359 39 12/28/02 01:58 AM
by Zen Peddler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
82,088 topic views. 22 members, 281 guests and 168 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.