Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3522 | 3523 | 3524 | 3525 | 3526 | 3527 | 3528 | 3529 | 3530 | 3531 | 3532 | 3533 | 3534 | 3535 | 3536 | 3537 | 3538 | 3539 | 3540 | 3541 | 3542 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: andymc]
    #29433573 -

andymc said:
Yeah, that's super-shitty.  Sorry man.

You could nuke them to re-melt the agar so that it's in a horizontal plane (if that's even a valid agar recipe?) and leave them for a while to see whether they contam before you try to use them, but they're probably not worth the effort.  Refund.




I mean I just sort of dont want to waste the spores that I do have on plates I can't trust. I have two swabs, a spore print, and one syringe, and none of them I'm willing to risk on these. With the way the package arrived and the amount of liquid I had on my hands, I cant guarantee any of these arent contaminated. I'll send an email to the company and hope I get a refund, but if not just count it as a moderately expensive mistake add 20 plates to my already failed plate count xD


--------------------
Successful Grows: ONE


Agar Plates Gone Through: 46
Agar Plates successfully cultivated: 6

Edited by ladynightshade (12/18/25 07:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ladynightshade]
    #29433594 -

But can you make your own plates?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs] * 1
    #29433595 -

Splittinghairs said:
But can you make your own plates?




I have a PC, I guess its just the universe pushing me to make my own.


--------------------
Successful Grows: ONE


Agar Plates Gone Through: 46
Agar Plates successfully cultivated: 6

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ladynightshade] * 5
    #29433602 -

ladynightshade said:
Sulfurshelfsean said:
I'd see if you could get your money back man. I get through a sponsor and their ates are always nice I've only ever gotten one yeast colony on over a hundred plates I've ordered.




Thanks. I've spent a good chunk so far trying to grow and I keep failing. Feeling disappointed today and will pick myself back up and try again. Hard not to feel discouraged. T_T



Yeah can’t be like this buddy. You got it.

I’m saying this out of love. You got the right mindset at keep trying.

I just went through about 10 (probably more) straight grows of failure. If I got 2 oz’s (yeah that’s a 2oz from 66qt tubs)  wanted to up my game from Broke Boi tek to something reliable and “skilled” and past only GT’s and B+. I really really wanted APEs

Pouring plates to learn agar was fun for me. Once you go through 60 plates in one pour session without contam on them it’s insta gratification for a newb.

My biggest area of failure (for me, not you) was coir and field capacity. Now that I dialed that in the world looks like my oyster and the pay off for hanging in there is worth it.

Some of us just don’t got that blue thumb some of these guys can join into the cult club day one and “just get it”.

So look at that kitten hanging on the tree ledge and hang in there.

YOU GOT THIS!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ladynightshade]
    #29433607 -

ladynightshade said:
Splittinghairs said:
But can you make your own plates?




I have a PC, I guess its just the universe pushing me to make my own.



This hobby will definetly kick you in the dick (or vag since I don’t know your gender) for taking short cuts. lol.

“Oh. I don’t want to go to Walmart and buy a SAB and a 5” hole saw. I can just order this $20 plastic shit that’s collapsible off of the Zon and be ready to go tomorrow after work!”

“Hey!! Why is my crap contaminated!?!?” lol

I’m just messing with you bruv. I literally was in the corner cutting spot 2 months ago. You got this!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ladynightshade] * 2
    #29433609 -

ladynightshade said:
Splittinghairs said:
But can you make your own plates?




I have a PC, I guess its just the universe pushing me to make my own.



si=fY6BtEUbluH1h97h


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs] * 1
    #29433611 -

Splittinghairs said:
ladynightshade said:
Sulfurshelfsean said:
I'd see if you could get your money back man. I get through a sponsor and their ates are always nice I've only ever gotten one yeast colony on over a hundred plates I've ordered.




Thanks. I've spent a good chunk so far trying to grow and I keep failing. Feeling disappointed today and will pick myself back up and try again. Hard not to feel discouraged. T_T



Yeah can’t be like this buddy. You got it.

I’m saying this out of love. You got the right mindset at keep trying.

I just went through about 10 (probably more) straight grows of failure. If I got 2 oz’s (yeah that’s a 2oz from 66qt tubs)  wanted to up my game from Broke Boi tek to something reliable and “skilled” and past only GT’s and B+. I really really wanted APEs

Pouring plates to learn agar was fun for me. Once you go through 60 plates in one pour session without contam on them it’s insta gratification for a newb.

My biggest area of failure (for me, not you) was coir and field capacity. Now that I dialed that in the world looks like my oyster and the pay off for hanging in there is worth it.

Some of us just don’t got that blue thumb some of these guys can join into the cult club day one and “just get it”.

So look at that kitten hanging on the tree ledge and hang in there.

YOU GOT THIS!!



This is how I feel about Golden Teachers. I've been trying to get them to grow thinking theyre the easiest, but every step is a process. I still cant even get to the fruiting, but I also refuse to give up, because I'd like to be the mushroom queen.

I also just want to grow something as a resident plant killer.

Mostly trying to master the Agar phase like HHG suggests, but Im also trying to work on mastering the Spawning phase too. Just learning how much trial and error this hobby is.

Its also nice to see someone else started from Broke Boi Tek too. I just have yet to master Philly's tek xD

Thank for the encouragement you guys.


--------------------
Successful Grows: ONE


Agar Plates Gone Through: 46
Agar Plates successfully cultivated: 6

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ladynightshade]
    #29433622 -

The “trial and error” part becomes more “error” on our parts when we don’t learn from the tek and follow it through CAREFULLY

That was probably honestly the biggest issue I was having with my substrate was not paying attention to the caution a lot of respected people around here would say about making the coir on the dryer side. I was making my stuff slightly over hydrated. Golden teachers and B+ were very forgiving with it. Everything else like TW, PE, and JF weren’t having that shit and would get bacteria. Actually had one of my TW tubs turn into a bubbly mold from the over saturation.

And not gonna lie but I hadn’t found a solid coco coir brand to use and was following Phillys tek on CVG and was getting overly hydrated coir. Instead of following stuff here.

I personally, just imho, won’t knock PhillyGT too much cause he was a foot in the door to a hobby that I love. But ditch it and find stuff here. There’s a lot of skilled folks here who will poke at you but most wanna help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29433691 -

Have added healthy agar to many popcorn grain jars and rye but never see growth. SAB is used and scalpel is red hot b4 cutting 1/2 plate or solo cup to inoculate.  Where is the most likely flaw?


--------------------
.......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: agreenfly] * 2
    #29433793 -

1) Agar isn’t actually healthy

2) Grain prep isn’t correct

Pictures would help a ton!


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Ikarus21] * 3
    #29433794 -

Quote:
Ikarus21 said:"H₂O₂ could acts as signaling molecule in the beginning of seed germination involving specific changes at proteomic, transcriptomic and hormonal levels."



Why do so many new growers here try to fix what isn't broken, and attempt to revolutionize shroom growing before they've even grown a single god damn shroom?

GROW SOME SHROOMS! Use a known tek. Then do it over and over, and get really good at it, to the point where you don't get contamination.

THEN start experimenting. This is how it works in everything, and how it's smart to do everything.

It's the scientific way to do it. If you don't have a firm grasp on doing it the way it's been done, the way it's known to work, then if you do something with different results, you won't even know what part of your tek went wrong or right.

....in everything.

Even if you decide to prove us wrong and start doing it now, no one's going to listen to you even if you think it makes a difference because you won't be able to show that you can do an adequate Control Group. (Which should start with clones anyway)

Edited by nektar61 (12/19/25 01:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #29433802 -

Is this healthy looking?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29433803 -

Quote:
Kloakk said:"Bukkake tendencies" :rofl:



I thought of a good variety name today if anyone has a sub-variety of it that does something different, but still dumps ounces of spores:
"Bukkake Dawn"

If I'd thought of that in April 2024, that is what it would be called.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: divineverdance]
    #29433816 -

divineverdance said:
Is this healthy looking?





Looks like healthy mold to me :cryariver:

What is species is supposed to be in there? How did you sterilize it?


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs]
    #29433820 -

Splittinghairs said:
The “trial and error” part becomes more “error” on our parts when we don’t learn from the tek and follow it through CAREFULLY

That was probably honestly the biggest issue I was having with my substrate was not paying attention to the caution a lot of respected people around here would say about making the coir on the dryer side. I was making my stuff slightly over hydrated. Golden teachers and B+ were very forgiving with it. Everything else like TW, PE, and JF weren’t having that shit and would get bacteria. Actually had one of my TW tubs turn into a bubbly mold from the over saturation.

And not gonna lie but I hadn’t found a solid coco coir brand to use and was following Phillys tek on CVG and was getting overly hydrated coir. Instead of following stuff here.

I personally, just imho, won’t knock PhillyGT too much cause he was a foot in the door to a hobby that I love. But ditch it and find stuff here. There’s a lot of skilled folks here who will poke at you but most wanna help.



I was going to try that method. Last time I made a coir casing I just soaked it in hot water then squeezed till it wouldn't produce water anymore. I didn't measure the water added probably double what I needed. The chestnut mushrooms colinzed it just fine ate through the casing layer till they fruited and finally stopped growing mycelium.

Don't you just have to squeeze it super hard? I thought it doesn't matter how much water as long as you squeezed it to field capacity.


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29433822 -

Sterilizing in oven... Cube culture was in there. Didn't know if it was mold or myc. It is really fuzzy... If it is mold that means this jars toast,?

Edited by divineverdance (12/19/25 03:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: divineverdance] * 1
    #29433833 -

divineverdance said:
Sterilizing in oven... Cube culture was in there. Didn't know if it was mold or myc.




Can you elaborate? :what:


--------------------
How I make spore prints
FFU build

"The idiots are taking have taken over" -NOFX

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: divineverdance] * 1
    #29433836 -

divineverdance said:
Sterilizing in oven... Cube culture was in there. Didn't know if it was mold or myc. It is really fuzzy... If it is mold that means this jars toast,?



Well, I am not known for having the best eyes when it comes to pictures and I saw you got the thumbs up in your own thread, keep it for now and let someone else chime in, but to me it doesn't look like cube mycelium.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29433839 -

HI KLOAKK!:acidcat:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: nektar61] * 1
    #29433845 -

nektar61 said:
Quote:
Kloakk said:"Bukkake tendencies" :rofl:



I thought of a good variety name today if anyone has a sub-variety of it that does something different, but still dumps ounces of spores:
"Bukkake Dawn"

If I'd thought of that in April 2024, that is what it would be called.



I think that naming a shroom that sounds like a porn star name might be a good marketing strategy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3522 | 3523 | 3524 | 3525 | 3526 | 3527 | 3528 | 3529 | 3530 | 3531 | 3532 | 3533 | 3534 | 3535 | 3536 | 3537 | 3538 | 3539 | 3540 | 3541 | 3542 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick question about quart/pint jars liquidplaya 2,860 18 09/20/01 06:03 PM
by darkfly
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,527 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,153,925 topic views. 22 members, 494 guests and 257 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.076 seconds spending 0.047 seconds on 18 queries.